• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT| Who Will Win? Nobody Nose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juicy Bob

I love when they say a team or driver has been 'summoned' to the stewards. I just picture Charlie Whiting in the stewards room doing the Yuna sending dance from FFX.

itsfuckingnothing.gif

That is also my guess... but nevertheless we have something to look forward to.

EDIT: The fact that the stewards pondered not investigating (took them 1h45mn to take their decision) and decided to do so means that there is something that may not feel quite right.

Oh wow. This really gonna be gud.

Andrew Benson ‏@andrewbensonf1 41s
.@JennieGow Are you even more like Senna and Prost now? HAM: “Essentially.” cont'd

Andrew Benson ‏@andrewbensonf1 17s
.@JennieGow Will you have to sit down and sort it out? LH: “I don’t know if Senna and Prost sat down and talked it out." cont'd

Andrew Benson ‏@andrewbensonf1 29s
. HAM cont'd "I quite like the way Senna dealt with it, so I’m going to take a page out of his book.”

DrM

Redmond's Baby
EDIT: The fact that the stewards pondered not investigating (took them 1h45mn to take their decision) and decided to do so means that there is something that may not feel quite right.

They had 3 impeding cases and one crash case to discuss before Rosberg take his turn

TCRS

Banned
BoZ2Tj7IIAEuOog.jpg

rosberg's mistake:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YOH1HMO5Obk

dlynch343

Banned
BBC Radio 5 live pit lane reporter Jennie Gow asks Lewis Hamilton: "Are you even more like Senna and Prost now? Hamilton replies: "Essentially."

Will you have to sit down and sort it out? Hamilton says: "I don't know if Senna and Prost sat down and talked it out. I quite like the way Senna dealt with it, so I'm going to take a page out of his book."

What a race we have in store tomorrow, folks.

Razgreez

If i examine the footage and am honest it appears as if he knew full well what he was doing. As soon as he lost the rear even the slightest bit he knew he had messed up the lap ergo the continuous sawing action. Yes the car was turning in after that but he was never going to make the turn after sawing at the wheel like that. The telemetry will likely expose it all

Regarding his celebration afterward well... it seemed rather guilty and uneasy (he even forgot to take his cap) but that's pure conjecture on my part

RoKKeR

Just getting caught up on the Rosberg situation....god damn, bring on the drama!

The replay does looks very "shady" indeed...dat turn 1 tomorrow.

NHale

What will happen if the stewards don't penalize Nico? Will Hamilton repeat the "maybe it's because I'm black" routine again?

And Hamilton saying this is Prost vs Senna only because of this proves that he is a very good comedian. It's like his recent comments about Nico didn't exist.

Razgreez

What will happen if the stewards don't penalize Nico? Will Hamilton repeat the "maybe it's because I'm black" routine again?

And Hamilton saying this is Prost vs Senna only because of this proves that he is a very good comedian. It's like his recent comments about Nico didn't exist.

Pressure always manages to reveal an individual's true, and usually unflattering, colours

That's mind games, mate. Inoffensive.

If Nico is not penalized, then Lewis will try to win on the track tomorrow. End of.

Good thing Lewis has a few Lewis-friendly track coming to take his mind of this. Canada is exactly what the doctor would have ordered.

Pressure always manages to reveal an individual's true, and usually unflattering, colours

Saw that with Rosberg today. He's made mistakes in pretty much every Q3 session this season except Malaysia (where he was just plain slower) all weekend.

jey_16

Banned
christ....Hamilton makes it really hard for me to want him to win, your in one of the most dominant cars in history. Just shut up and drive

Hammer24

Banned
Good thing Lewis has a few Lewis-friendly track coming to take his mind of this. Canada is exactly what the doctor would have ordered.

Yep, no matter what happens today/tomorrow, there´s still a long season ahead of us.

But please, no one can say anymore that the Merc dominance is boring ;)

christ....Hamilton makes it really hard for me to want him to win, your in one of the most dominant cars in history. Just shut up and drive

So your teammate pulls a dubious stunt and you are just going to sit there and take it?
On a track like Monaco, where the polesitter usually wins the race (Lewis is the last non-polesitter to win at Monaco)...

NHale

Saw that with Rosberg today. He's made mistakes in pretty much every Q3 session this season except Malaysia (where he was just plain slower) all weekend.

So let's see if I understand, Hamilton is playing mind games but Rosberg is succumbing to pressure?

So let's see if I understand, Hamilton is playing mind games but Rosberg is succumbing to pressure?

I don't see your point. People play mind games all the time, whether they are winning or not. ROS needs to unsettle Lewis; Lewis needs to plant firm doubt in ROS's head.

O man this gonna be gut, hopefully no penalty for Rosberg tomorrow, I want them to sort it out theirselves. Friends to archrivals transformation is almost completed

jey_16

Banned
So your teammate pulls a dubious stunt and you are just going to sit there and take it?
On a track like Monaco, where the polesitter usually wins the race (Lewis is the last non-polesitter to win at Monaco)...

i have seen many drivers over the years make the same mistake Rosberg made, i think the issue is how he rejoined the track but what other choice did he have apart from stopping the car there which would have meant yellow flags anyway

Full Prost/Senna quote from Lewis. Much harmless now.

BBC Radio 5 live pit lane reporter Jennie Gow asks Lewis Hamilton: "Are you even more like Senna and Prost now? Hamilton replies: "Essentially."
Will you have to sit down and sort it out? Hamilton says: "I don't know if Senna and Prost sat down and talked it out. I quite like the way Senna dealt with it, so I'm going to take a page out of his book."

i have seen many drivers over the years make the same mistake Rosberg made, i think the issue is how he rejoined the track but what other choice did he have apart from stopping the car there which would have meant yellow flags anyway

Stopping the car would have likely shortened the yellow given he was deep into the escape road. Rejoining the track immediately is by far the most reckless thing to do (and to guarantee a longer yellow period). This is what he is being investigated over.

Is he going to get penalized? Maybe, maybe not. Any aura of innocence is gone, though. Paddock thinks he did this deliberately, for the record.

Razgreez

Both of them are succumbing to the pressure and their thin little PC/PR veils are peeling away.

I want Mercedes to win but i want it in as fair a manner as possible. What Rosberg did is not fair in my opinion. I'm not sure which one i feel should win the WDC after this

Edit - Actually i do know who i want to win the the WDC now. Ricciardo... but in a Mercedes

Notice the different lines into Mirabeau. ROS has a much tighter like going into the corner than on his last lap. Again looks very shady...

Pole lap:
EU3_7m.gif

Last lap:
SnappyEquatorialBabirusa.gif

Honestly, it looks to me like Rosberg just didn't know where he was going.

Why does Monaco always have to be dramatic.
The steering does look like he has just shat himself, a bit like if we as mere mortals were in that car came in too hot and then panicked and in a split second went 'ah shit, corner or escape road, corner or escape road' and see-saw'd the wheel whilst we decided.

That said, it is interesting. He begins yanking the wheel about quite early, before he locks up, and it definitely looks like, prior to locking, that he would have had enough time to make the corner.

If he locked up and then started moving the steering around then I would say that it was 100% a case of deciding what to do and then taking too long to decide and having to go for the escape road.

I think it will be very difficult to prove anything with data. I'm not sure what data could be used to prove he did it deliberately other than if he was slower than his previous laps.

cmr-94

The more I look at it, the more it seems that he just braked to late, and when he did it unsettled the car. On his pole lap, he was already braking before he brought the car over to the left hand side. That means on his messy lap he couldn't bring the car over.

Who knows

hamchan

I don't think Rosberg will get a penalty for deliberate crashing. You have to give him the benefit of the doubt in this case.

For reversing onto the track when it was still unsafe? I dunno about that one. Did the marshals there tell him it was safe to reverse?

I don't think Rosberg will get a penalty for deliberate crashing. You have to give him the benefit of the doubt in this case.

For reversing onto the track when it was still unsafe? I dunno about that one. Did the marshals there tell him it was safe to reverse?

He saw the stewards regarding the latter, not the former.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom