• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT| Who Will Win? Nobody Nose

Status
Not open for further replies.

DieH@rd

Banned
I'm glad that Nico got the pole. It will make the race more interesting.

I also hope that both Williams drivers will end up in front of Red Bulls.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Lewis has only himself to blame for that mistake in the last lap. Nico gambled, going straight into dust :D

Williams duo should be one to watch tomorrow. Also SC quite very possible.

Addnan

Interesting decision from Ferrari, they think that other summer European races will be colder?
Found that weird, 25-30C Vancouver doesn't exactly seem dangerous territory in temperature. We could have that throughout the rest of the European season, probably not but it's not impossible.

Fox Mulder

Lewis has only himself to blame for that mistake in the last lap. Nico gambled, going straight into dust :D

Williams duo should be one to watch tomorrow. Also SC quite very possible.

I hope Williams does well, like to see someone else step up at least to sneak a win this season.

yami4ct

Haas wants Danica as a driver for the US F1 outfit... :/

Not a huge fan of her's, but having a big name on the team could draw a ton of attention form the sports media here, which Haas Formula could really use if they want to succeed. Would be great for viewership

Pretty great qualifying session. Amazingly tense flying laps. Vettel's jump up to 3 at the end was awesome. Loved how well my Williams boys did as well. Nice to see them so far up the grid. Should make for a fun race between those two at least, if not the rest of the pack. Seeing them so far up the time board near the end of Q2 was awesome. Sure it didn't mean much, but still great feeling.

Seeing Hulkenburg just get edged out of Q3 right at the end made me sad, though.

Dead Man

Not a huge fan of her's, but having a big name on the team could draw a ton of attention form the sports media here, which Haas Formula could really use if they want to succeed. Would be great for viewership

Pretty great qualifying session. Amazingly tense flying laps. Vettel's jump up to 3 at the end was awesome. Loved how well my Williams boys did as well. Nice to see them so far up the grid. Should make for a fun race between those two at least, if not the rest of the pack. Seeing them so far up the time board near the end of Q2 was awesome. Sure it didn't mean much, but still great feeling.

Seeing Hulkenburg just get edged out of Q3 right at the end made me sad, though.

All the attention in the world is not good if it doesn't result in wins. Danica is a fine driver, but she is not F1 level. I really look forward to more female drivers in all levels of motorsport, but this would be a pure marketing gimmick.

malyce

All the attention in the world is not good if it doesn't result in wins. Danica is a fine driver, but she is not F1 level. I really look forward to more female drivers in all levels of motorsport, but this would be a pure marketing gimmick.

Average at best. This is coming from someone who rooted for her hard back when she was in indy car with AGR.

yami4ct

Out of the gate, Haas probably doesn't have much chance to make a really impressive showing. At least, not impressive enough to catch american viewers' attention. Having a pure publicity stunt like hiring her right off the bat could tide them over until they can really put together a decent enough car to start making some inroads.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Haas will enter in 2016. Probably he will wait for better Ferrari PU lol

Found that weird, 25-30C Vancouver doesn't exactly seem dangerous territory in temperature. We could have that throughout the rest of the European season, probably not but it's not impossible.

Looking at long term weather model, Austria should be in same temp range, but with possible afternoon storms (mountains are near the racetrack). Hungary is normally a 30+, Germany could be colder or even hotter...

I'm very upset over the quali. Lewis is clearly the better and the faster driver of both. But I'm not worried about it, Rosberg is just delaying the inevitable, Lewis will prevail and win the WDC. Without dirty tricks too

Poor Hammy, Alonso in 2007 and Rosberg in 2014

I have to admit, my salt level was high when Nico took pole. But he drove well and clearly won it on merit.
That DRS zone is massive on this circuit however and should allow plenty of overtaking opportunities.
as for Haas and Danica Patrick; I hope that does happen, would generate much needed interest from American motorsport fans.

kiyomi

Rosberg is a better driver than most of you give him credit for.

He's a very good driver, but probably still in the second tier. Until he wins a WDC I just can't believe he'll match up to the likes of Hamilton etc. over the course of a season. So far he's done a good job, other than the one dubious pole position, has driven very smartly. Just came up short in Bahrain and Barcelona, but he was very very close to beating Hamilton on both occasions.

I still think he lacks a killer instinct, but there's still time for that to become apparent. Maybe Monaco was an indicator, if you believe he did it deliberately..

I took my ferrari top off today....i couldnt bear to keep it on its so frustrating seeing such champs being hamstrung like this. Rbr too because seb seems like a decent dude and ricciardo is aussie

Ark

He's a very good driver, but probably still in the second tier. Until he wins a WDC I just can't believe he'll match up to the likes of Hamilton etc. over the course of a season. So far he's done a good job, other than the one dubious pole position, has driven very smartly. Just came up short in Bahrain and Barcelona, but he was very very close to beating Hamilton on both occasions.

I still think he lacks a killer instinct, but there's still time for that to become apparent. Maybe Monaco was an indicator, if you believe he did it deliberately..

I don't know about killer instinct, but he's a monster regardless. I'm already questioning if Hamilton is as good as I thought he was.

I don't know about killer instinct, but he's a monster regardless. I'm already questioning if Hamilton is as good as I thought he was.

I'm absolutely the opposite when it comes to Hamilton. I thought 2007 was a fluke, but he's really showing Rosberg how it's done, especially in qualifying. Yesterday he made a mistake, but he was faster. When he was slower he was still able to keep Rosberg behind. I can't see Rosberg beating Hamilton on pure pace. Did he beat him yesterday fairly? Of course he did, but that's only because Hamilton screwed up not because he was faster than him

Fox Mulder

I'm sure Danica has said in the past that she has no interest in F1.

she's got a great thing in NASCAR as the female Dale Jr. Super popular and one of the highest paid drivers despite being mediocre as shit. She's a sponsor magnet and people even watched indycar for her.

kiyomi

There's not a whole lot to question, though. If Rosberg hadn't locked up into Mirabeau, we'd have been talking about Hamilton having won 5 in a row. Likewise if Lewis didn't make that mistake yesterday, he'd be the good favourite again for today's race. Hell, he still might be.

Rosberg has always been a pretty consistent and quick driver, but until I see him trounce Hamilton a bit more consistently this year, and maybe wins the WDC, I'll stand by my current perception that he is not quite in the top tier along with Lewis, Vettel and Alonso.

Either way it's gonna be a good scrap, and probably a little closer than I might've expected. I hope it continues starting today.

Mastah

Newey stays with Red Bull, but:

Red Bull is pleased to confirm that it has extended its successful relationship with Adrian Newey with a new multi-year agreement.

As part of this new agreement, Adrian will work on new Red Bull Technology projects, as well as advising and mentoring Infiniti Red Bull Racing as it develops its Formula One cars over the next few seasons. The details of the new projects will be announced in due course.

Adrian joined Infiniti Red Bull Racing at the beginning of the 2006 season as Chief Technical Officer. In 2010 the team won its first Drivers' and Constructors' World Championships; the Austrian-owned team has retained the titles ever since, winning both Championships again in 2011, 2012 and 2013.

http://www.infiniti-redbullracing.com/article/red-bull-confirms-new-agreement-newey

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Mateschitz probably upped his salary tenfold

And I think that computer just flew through bathroom window in huge villa near Maranello.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Sounds like he will be stepping back from being the main guy in the design department to more of an advisor, supervisor role so he can do other projects under the Red Bull umbrella.

We can see now why RBR fought so hard (and illegally) to pouch Dan Fellows back from McLaren.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
What's this about Red Bull kicking Mercedes out of there hotel in Austria.. http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/star-vs-bull-war-the-austrian-gp-hotel-battle/

Mateschitz (Red Bull owner and one of the wealthiest people in Europe) bought the racetrack and invested a lot of money in it and nearby infrastructure (hotels were built and renovated).

The next thing was removing Niki Lauda's name from one of the corners on the race track.

Now looks like they decided to kick out Mercedes team from nearby hotels in his ownership. If you cannot beat them on track...I wonder if Mercedes will have answer for them before German GP :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom