• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT| Who Will Win? Nobody Nose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lach

Magnussen and Kvyat did incredible today!

Torro Rosso did a huge step up.

WTF. Swiss TV already ending the coverage!

Chris R

Can't imagine a better start to the season :D

Lotus failure, Vettel failure while Daniel school'd him, Lewis on Pole, just so great.

untitled-8teope.gif
untitled-7w5kl7.gif

Hammer24

Banned
HUL interview (Smug face): will be an exciting race, with the Champion not in top10, but a couple Germans pretty much in front

Orbis

The benefits of the new engine sounds are starting to sway me, I must admit. By Q3 the sound seemed normal, and I do like that we can hear tyre squeals and cheering crowds.

Awesome qualifying session too.

Zeknurn

While hearing the crowd cheer is nice, I dread when at places where the crowd are arses and start booing. FOM won't be able to drown the noise with engine sound anymore.

Hasney

While hearing the crowd cheer is nice, I dread when at places where the crowd are arses and start booing. FOM won't be able to drown the noise with engine sound anymore.

Much rather hear booing than silence. Hot crowds are hot crowds.

ramparter

Banned
Disappointed by Williams' wet performance, but still a strong showing. And Red Bull was sandbagging, weren't they?

No one ever doubted their car, it was pretty clear that they were quite stressed during preseason tests. My guess is that Renault managed to fix most of their shit got their engine were they wanted. After all they kept saying that they were just behind schedule.

Edit
The new aussie is so going to avenge the last one. :D

edit2
I remember hearing the crowd when Massa crossed the line as WDC in Brazil 08. It was epic, I think they could be heard from the moon :p

Am i the only one loving the new sounds? I was never a huge fan of the whining, and i love turbo sounds... they are somewhat quiet, but i love it. They sound like some weird touring cars and i love that.

Loved the qualify, just thought that Red Bull is already too good once reliability shows up. I really wished they were crap like Lotus.

Kvyat was the surprise of the qualify for me. Magnussen did it in a McLaren, Ricciardo on a Red Bull, but Kvyat was on a fucking STR! Impressive.

acm2000

I wonder if they can work out the power issue with Vettel's car without having to replace anything.

they seem to think its software mapping issue, so i assume someone somewhere just opens an app on their phone and wifi directs to the car, downloads new map from rb hq website in uk and sends it to the car*

*ok so yes i use my phone too much, but this would be awesome

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Apparently Mark Webber confirmed that Mercedes and Renault engine use similar amount of fuel, whilst Ferrari engine is thirstier .

Nicktendo86

Apparently Mark Webber confirmed that Mercedes and Renault engine use similar amount of fuel, whilst Ferrari engine is thirstier .
So much for their special fuel saving while off throttle trickery!

I hope to god that today was a representation of Ric Vs Vet, would be too funny.

Start should be interesting. I wonder which engine will be best without the ERS assistance. Ferrari used to have monster starts, but all bets are off now.

Edit - Can't find where I read about the cars not being able to use the extra power at the start. Maybe I'm wrong about that.

35v6

Shame Dan didn't get pole but P2 is a great start. Vettel never looked comfortable today. I loved how the crowd roared when Vettel missed out on Q3. Webber was great in commentary, it is the most relaxed I have seen him in years.

Kassu

Banned
Can't even remember the last time I was this excited about qualifying already. So much great stuff was happening like Kobayashi, Bottas and Magnussen doing well and Ricciardo already beating Vettel.

And holy shit that end of Q3. I don't like at all how engines sound but crowd cheering every time someone made a better time was awesome.

Race tomorrow will be good, I think Alonso will get to the podium which would be great. Would love to see Ricciardo win but I doubt Red Bull's race pace is good enough for that.

oipic

Absolutely rapt for Disco Dan - even if today turns out to be something of an anomaly, if it has done anything to convince him and his team that he belongs, then it was a day very well spent.

Great performances from both Toro Rosso lads, and obviously Magnussen, too - Kev looks (dare I say it) a little bit special, based on everything we've seen so far, I reckon. Has that bit of... something.

Sunhi is probably the real star of the season so far, though. <3

Hammer24

Banned
Martin Brundle: RAI is missing every second break point.

WIL: our car is "too nice" to the tyres, so we don´t have grip when wet

HUL: misunderstanding with pit cost him P4 ("Do I have time for two timed laps?", "You don´t have time for two timed laps" - didn´t hear the "don´t").

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom