• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT| Who Will Win? Nobody Nose

Status
Not open for further replies.

dubc35

Crowd cheering when VET failed to make Q3: banderas.gif

Great drive by HAM, but was hoping to see RIC pole in AUS. It should be an exciting GP tomorrow!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
How does the KERs - sorry, ERS - work? They said you get 33 seconds of boost, but is there a button, or is it wholly integrated into the engine mapping? With the extra torque from the batteries, plus the energy recovery under braking, it could feel quite artificial to drive. Will be interesting to see who can adapt this year

Not liking the idea of drivers managing fuel economy during a race.

How does the KERs - sorry, ERS - work? They said you get 33 seconds of boost, but is there a button, or is it wholly integrated into the engine mapping? With the extra torque from the batteries, plus the energy recovery under braking, it could feel quite artificial to drive. Will be interesting to see who can adapt this year

Not liking the idea of drivers managing fuel economy during a race.

the ERS-K (what KERS is now called) is engine mapped, there is no button for it. Fuel management has been a part of F1 since they banned refueling and before that, though Im not entirely sure the drivers have to do much thinking to save fuel, I believe a system does that for them.

Klocker

Loving it. Great change up to things. Love the turbo sound and crowd noise and the shake up.

looking forward to tomorrow

dubc35

Guys, who will be the first car to DNF tomorrow? I say one of duo Grosjean/Maldonado
Yep, the Lotus are good bets. They really looked like they were struggling. Kimi didn't look great but I'm sure he's glad he's not in a lotus.

mclem

It was alright for a highlights show, although I really don't think they didn't a particularly good job of explaining some of the new factors of the new rules this year. I also could have done without the shots over McNish's shoulder of his tablet.

I suspect there's more explanation lined up for tomorrow, since they'd have more people watching the race than the qualification.

Any weather forecast yet?

Nicktendo86

Love the engine sound, a tad quiet but otherwise I love it. I love that you can hear the turbo spinning, nice mechanical sounds. Better than the v8s in my opinion, if they were as I say a BIT louder would be perfect. And I wish we had fire belching from the exhausts.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Guys, who will be the first car to DNF tomorrow? I say one of duo Grosjean/Maldonado

This is what will probably happen tomorrow during the start of the race:

-00:00:20 Last car reaches the grid
-00:00:02 Maldonado accelerates
00:00:00 Lights go off
00:00:00 Grosjean accelerates
00:00:01 Maldonado's engine explodes
00:00:01 Grosjean spins, loses the backend and slides into Gutierrez
00:00:04 Massa has overtaken 3 cars and breaks instinctively as he sees Alonso before him

Hasney

I'll see when I'm up. At the end of a 2 day hangover and getting an early night as I feel dead. If I'm awake, I'll go watch it, but I'm not making a special effort.

Bed soon for me I reckon. I only got a couple of hours sleep yesterday so I could watch the quali and I want to be nice and fresh for the race. :D

amar212

Slovenia.

I will finally get new cable provider so I can watch races on Slovenia 2.

I will have to watch tommorow race on German RTL.

In Croatia F1 has gone completely behind the paywall and I really hope Bernie will fuck those fucktards who took the license from national TV when this season is over and their license is over.

GaryD

The turbo engines sound amazing. It was great to see the Aussie crowd giving Vettel heaps. That would make for a great gif with subtitles. "Vettel qualifies 13th" [Crowd cheers].

Amazing to see Magnussen up in 4th. Great effort.

Shaneus

Vettel seems to need an entire good season in a lackluster car to shake of the hate he his getting.
Multi-21 fucked it for him. Plus, in Australia anyone who dicks around a fellow Aussie is instantly a bad guy with no room for reasoning. Not saying I agree or disagree, but things'd be a lot different if it was someone less likeable who got screwed around as his teammate (on more than one occasion).

Edit: Holy shit, the crowd!

Dilly

Banned
I will finally get new cable provider so I can watch races on Slovenia 2.

I will have to watch tommorow race on German RTL.

In Croatia F1 has gone completely behind the paywall and I really hope Bernie will fuck those fucktards who took the license from national TV when this season is over and their license is over.

In Belgium there isn't any channel broadcasting F1, can't even remember the last time that happened. Bernie did a great job.

Goldrusher

In Belgium there isn't any channel broadcasting F1, can't even remember the last time that happened. Bernie did a great job.
You sure you live in Belgium?

All free:

LaDeux: live
RTL: live
BBC: live (half the calendar, not Australia)
canvas: highlights

Any serious F1 fan has been watching LaDeux and RTL for years already. Their commentary is superb. Professional, correct and super-enthusiastic. Unlike the undertakers at canvas and VT4.

RTL even has multiple on-site reporters.

I expect they'll be relatively safe through the 1/2 due to being at the back, and the chances of contact happening through 1/2 are really bloody high. I'm expect at the very least for Krazy K to twat someone through there - although whether he's the one to retire from it is anyone's guess.

We may well be in need for a slow mo replay to ascertain who's car actually dies first, it could be that hectic.

One can hope.

Ark

I'd much rather as few DNF's as possible so that we can get the best possible picture for how the pecking order stands.

My alarm is set for 5:50am, super stoked :)

kiyomi

Kamui to be top 10 at the end of the first lap.

You heard it here first.
maybe

Gonna set my alarm for 5:45AM, it's been 2-3 years since I was actually excited for a race like I am.

DD

3 am here in Brazil. Not sure if I'll wake up to watch it, or if I'll wait to watch 11am on cable tv. =/

Mastah

FOM and FIA once again at it:

Adam Cooper ‏@adamcooperF1 3h

All media including TV crews now have to be off the grid before the 15 minute mark or face having their passes "permanently revoked"

Will be interesting to see how that impacts grid walks, interviews etc. Not all the cars will be on the grid by then...

The grid saga was resolved with FOM telling TV crews that the FIA restriction does not apply to them, so they will have usual access

what the fuck is the matter with FIA? Is it a bunch of Balestre-like Frenchman sitting in a room in Paris throwing darts at random bulletin points on a wall?

Mastah

Jennie Gow ‏@JennieGow 26m

New feature this #F1 season as we let the drivers pick the music for the formation lap… @DanielRicciardo gets first dibs and its a 'corker'

:/

edit: Ah, it's only for BBC 5live, I thought it was for BBC or even worse, World Feed.

well, yesterday was good theater, but my brain cant accept the middling driving I saw yesterday from Vettel and the Kimster. I need for them to redeem themselves a bit...just as long as they finish behind Lewis, hah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom