• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT| Who Will Win? Nobody Nose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammer24

Banned
I think the gist of it is that RBR want direct involvement in engine development (maybe even onsite?), and Renault will give them the means to do so through Nissan/Infiniti.

Come on people, use common sense... REN would wash their hands off any of those plans! They poured so much money into the development of the current power train, money they can only make back by selling as much of these engines as they can.
But of course they are going forward and throw even more money out the window to do it all again... /s

Fantomex

Ha! Ferrari wants me to start thinking they gained speed. You won't get me this time Maranello!
zWVbK.gif

Red Bull would be far better off going with BMW or VW is they want their own engine. They won't be the works team if they switched to Honda or Mercedes so they won't have the engine built for them.

Dilly

Banned
Formula 1 chiefs have agreed to a change of technical regulations for next year in a bid to get rid of the current ugly noses.

A quirk of the rules this season aimed at lowering the tip of the noses resulted in some controversial designs.

But on the back of criticism from teams and fans about the look of the cars, the FIA has now agreed to revise the rules for 2015 to try to eradicate the issue.

From next year, the noses will need to taper more linearly from the low tip to the front of the chassis.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/114548

GREAT NEWS EVERY...
The way the new rules are worded means teams will most likely opt for a solution similar to the current Ferrari.
Nevermind.

They should make the current Ferrari the spec car for next year just so we can watch Ferrari still struggling to be a top 4 team.

For sure, the following year they would be competitive though.

Hammer24

Banned
Red Bull would be far better off going with BMW or VW is they want their own engine.

- BMW is out for good. There is no one left on the board who´d push for a return. Their last involvement is seen as a failure in the company.
- VW is in waiting, they´ll start a program as soon as Bernie is out, not a second earlier.

They won't be the works team if they switched to Honda or Mercedes so they won't have the engine built for them.

Yep, and that's why FER is out as well.

olore

Tell me more about VW in F1. Is it a known thing that they want to be on the grid? Thought I read somewhere that they have evaluated participation in different formulae and F1 was a no-go. It was a while ago I read that mind...

Hammer24

Banned
Tell me more about VW in F1. Is it a known thing that they want to be on the grid? Thought I read somewhere that they have evaluated participation in different formulae and F1 was a no-go. It was a while ago I read that mind...

VW has defined a strategy, where they want the different brands each drive in a different sport, f.i. VW @ rally, Audi @ LeMans etc. They want Lamborghini (or to a lesser degree Bugatti) become the F1 brand for them. But Piech is a big enemy of Bernie, so everything is on ice as long as Bernie rules.

What about Cosworth? Surely Red Bull could throw enough money at them to get it done.

Cosworth has zero idea of current engines, especially the hybrid parts.

The way Sky are talking standing starts post safety car is a given. So fucking stupid.

Yup. Ridiculous.

Takes too fucking long as is with the safety car (especially with the lapped cars unlapping themselves), adding another minute or so is going to suck even more.

Dead Man

Yup. Ridiculous.

Takes too fucking long as is with the safety car (especially with the lapped cars unlapping themselves), adding another minute or so is going to suck even more.

May as well have a half red flag or something. Just park the cars on the grid until the track is clear.

John_B

Mercedes must have some suspension magic going on. They are super stable on the kerbs. McLaren looks like they are going over speed bumps in comparison.

This grid start rule is a fucking joke. Slowly but surely I'm beginning to give up on F1. Double points, standing starts after safety cars, no budget cap, complete fucking joke.

Zeknurn

Mercedes sand bagging. McLaren is a total joke. Williams looks promising in qualifying pace but will fail to deliver in the race. Lotus looks like a dog to drive. Ferrari has brought upgrades that are "working". Red Bull still slow.

Yeah, business as usual. But hopefully we'll see an upset by Bottas or Hülkenberg.

NHale

Mercedes sand bagging. McLaren is a total joke. Williams looks promising in qualifying pace but will fail to deliver in the race. Lotus looks like a dog to drive. Ferrari has brought upgrades that are "working". Red Bull still slow.

Yeah, business as usual. But hopefully we'll see an upset by Bottas or Hülkenberg.

Just in time for them to remove the upgrades before qualifying. Just like they did in Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom