• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT| Who Will Win? Nobody Nose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caramello

what was the reason he failled to set a lap two times in Q3?

He pushed too hard in his first lap, he had a strange issue under braking on his second. Were you even watching? There's absolutely no evidence that he 'cracked under pressure' as everyone seems to be making out.

TCRS

Banned
untitled-16a7j93.gif

bros. and alonso on p4 wooohooooo!!!

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Good for Williams and good for us, with Hamilton and Vettel coming from behind. I can see Hamilton on softs with much longer 1st stint.
Something weird happened with Hamilton.

Crazy spin.

I think this must be mechanical, no way that you will have one rear wheel blockade under braking

Mohonky

That's not true. He was 0.3s up on Bottas and he shanked the 2nd to last corner.

Errrrrr yeh he had a shit lap, no point the first sectors being good if he makes a mistake in the final sector.

Hamiltons second lap, he hit the brakes and it just jumps into a 180. Got a feeling he is going to have further problems mechanically tomorrow.

Not sure what is funnier trying to sell the mechanical failure (?) as cracking under pressure or the Hamilton defence force.

At least you can blame Hamilton for not delievering one lap.

Caramello

Not sure what is funnier trying to sell the mechanical failure (?) as cracking under pressure or the Hamilton defence force.

At least you can blame Hamilton for not deliever one lap.

I don't think it's a Hamilton Defence Force. I can't speak for everyone but I'd react the same way if this was happening to any other driver too. If it happened to Rosberg, Vettel, Raikkonen, whoever! It's idiotic to jump on Hamilton like this when clearly there is no evidence for him 'cracking under pressure'.

hamchan

The rear wheel locking up, under braking, while going in a straight line should not be happening.

Really bad luck for Hamilton there.

Ryne

a little luckier? he would be 30pts behind without the DNF's for Lewis.

That's too bad for Lewis, but one Rosberg DNF+Hamilton win and he's back in it.

It's not a fluke, Rosberg hasn't been blown out by Lewis as some expected. He has done a great job this year, belittling his efforts by calling it a fluke is wrong.

markao

Would be nice if both Williams can keep there rear tires in shape tomorrow, should be way hotter (temp) and they get at least one car on the podium.

With some other cars out of position it should/could be an interesting race.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Would be nice if both Williams can keep there rear tires in shape tomorrow, should be way hotter and get at least one car on the podium.

With some other cars out of position it should/could be an interesting race.

Yeah, it should be almost 10 degrees hotter (around 27, today was 17), which means much bigger tyre usage and we could see supersofts gone after 8 laps.

markao

Yeah, it should be almost 10 degrees hotter (around 27, today was 17), which means much bigger tyre usage and we could see supersofts gone after 8 laps.
They, Williams, looked to be suffering a lot on Friday in the long runs. Hope this does not mean extra stop, if not we might see a Massa train, would be good for RBR + Lewis and a great race. (hopefully ;) )

Can I see the calculation for the 30pts?
Those two DNFs, Hamilton would have had a podium for sure, so two third place podiums is 30 points. But there's argument he's given up 36 points or 43 points. He was on pole in Australia.
Im glad Lewis' off wrecked Rosberg's "pole lap", thats payback for Monaco.

Those two DNFs, Hamilton would have had a podium for sure, so two third place podiums is 30 points.

That doesn't explain how a 22pts lead for Rosberg turns suddenly into 30pts lead for Hamilton - 52pts total.

It would be only possible if Hamilton wins both races and Rosberg would suffer at least one DNF.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
It will be crucial for both Williams cars to nail their starts. Run to the first corner is not long and it is uphill. Whole sector 1 is uphill struggle but Williams went very well there today, they tanked a lot of time compared to Mercedes in S2.

RoKKeR

Just checked the results, YEEEAAAAHHHHH WILLIAMS 1 2!!!!

So freaking awesome! They have probably the next best car, so happy to see them kill it today!

Can't wait for them to fuck it up in the long-run tomorrow with some shitty tire strategy or something.

But still, a Martini car at the pole!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
That's too bad for Lewis, but one Rosberg DNF+Hamilton win and he's back in it.

It's not a fluke, Rosberg hasn't been blown out by Lewis as some expected. He has done a great job this year, belittling his efforts by calling it a fluke is wrong.

after Hamilton's first DNF, he came back and won four in a row to catch up with Rosberg's points. What more does he need to do other than have a reliable car under him?

NHale

That spin isn't normal. I'm afraid he has a transmission problem or the same electronics issue that he had in Canada. MGU-K problems can lock the rear, right?

Ryne

after Hamilton's first DNF, he came back and won four in a row to catch up with Rosberg's points. What more does he need to do other than have a reliable car under him?

You and I have different definitions of blowout then, because Rosberg definitely pushed Hamilton in a couple of those races. It wasn't like Lewis drove off and left Rosberg in the dust.

I'm not a Rosberg fan, or a Lewis one, but why do people insist on trying to put down their performances this year? It's ridiculous.

Mogwai

I'm really excited to see how Williams will fare. I don't think that their cars can keep up for the race. Expecting to see the Mercedes boredom to continue tomorrow, despite their issues.

Rosberg is a little luckier so far, but you need to be in F1. He's also driving really, really well though so don't call it a fluke.

He is luckiest prick on the track this season. He has been constantly spinning out or nearly crashing in every race or quali. Pit stops have mostly gone his way. On track incidents have favoured him over Hamilton every time, if he fucks up a quali it ruins Hamilton's quali lap, if runs off the track he gains over half a second advantage. Whether or not he drove well in the end, he still had amazingly good luck last race yet again when Hami got a DNF and he got 2nd.

You and I have different definitions of blowout then, because Rosberg definitely pushed Hamilton in a couple of those races. It wasn't like Lewis drove off and left Rosberg in the dust.

I'm not a Rosberg fan, or a Lewis one, but why do people insist on trying to put down their performances this year? It's ridiculous.

Canada was only race where he actually pushed Hamilton, Bahrain was due to a lucky safety car that the gap closed enough for him to attack, even then with a superior set of tires he couldn't do it.

You Rosberg fans are insane, the guy has done absolutely nothing on note until Canada where he apparently kept a dying car alive to the end.

It's not like Hamilton can force Rosberg into third position.

Edit: I swear to god, Massa you better get some points tomorrow.

DD

And Williams's third driver Felipe Nasr just won the GP2 there. Great day for the team and for the brazilians.

Yagami_Sama

And Williams's third driver Felipe Nasr just won the GP2 there. Great day for the team and for the brazilians.

I am more pleased for Vandoorne.

He finally did a good race, after his first won he was not doing that well, did not score any point.

I don't see the Williams cars being 1 and 2 at the end of the race. Well, maybe one might be but it seems unlikely. Still, stranger things have happened. Hamilton will probably ease into the top 5 by halfway into the race if not sooner.
The final outcome of the race will be interesting to see.

Hasney

Sounds to me like there wasn't a fault for Hamilton

"I pulled it out for my first lap but didn't finish the lap and then the second time around I took the car into unknown territories I guess. But there's a long way to go.

He just took it into the unknown when his first lap was ruled out.

Pimpwerx

Just watched my recording.

First, big congrats to Williams. I have been a very vocal critic of that team and their fall from grace. I have declared that they'd never be good again. I have to give credit where it's due and admit I was wrong.

Now, wtf is up with Lewis? Bottled it his first lap, then that odd spin. I'll have to read the thread, but did he have the brake balance completely off or something? The rear just locked and spun on him. First thing I thought was suspension failure, but watching the replay, I'd only suggest transmission failure, if it's not the more likely case of driver error. Ugh, its frustrating. He's quick here. Much better on the sorts then super sorts for a second race in a row. He needs to work on his performance with this compound, because Nico is eating his lunch on them. World Cup and WatchDogs are going to make this weekend tough on F1, but I plan on watching the race live. PEACE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom