• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT| Who Will Win? Nobody Nose

Status
Not open for further replies.

mclem

Again, I'm not suggesting the entire team hate him or that it was always the case. My feeling is that the relationship has deteriorated this season.
So, your hypothesis is that a proportion of the pit crew are unable to put personal animosity behind them and will actively hinder one of their drivers, just slightly, with the precision to only cost him a second per stop, and can pull that off reliably.

My hypothesis is that maybe Rosberg is a tiny bit better at parking.

I can't help but think that Occam's razor could perhaps come into play here.

Ark

All conspiracy aside, Hamilton had a good second-stop in Canada and managed to get past Rosberg. Just a shame that happened to be the same lap his brakes failed.

TCRS

Banned
raikkonen.. in a ferrari... racing button...

Cryinggifs_01_1.gif

I can't take it anymore

why is ferrari doing this

Ryne

Hamilton should take a look after the race to see why his stops are worse. I don't think it's sabotage, maybe there is something he can do.

Every second matters, he's gotta find out why.

Hasney

I missed most of the race. What happened to Vettel? and why is Massa not leading this race?

Vettel lost power, regained power, clipped his wing on a Sauber then retired.

Massa isn't winning because the Williams is shit on tyres, so they had to have longer opening stints so they don't kill the tyres this stint.

Hasney

Apart from Williams' shit strategy, you guys really think they have the pace to stay ahead of the Mercs?

If they could keep the tyres, they're not being dropped like everyone else is so then they could be competitive. Think it would have been hard to gte past them at the very least.

Hopefully it's not a one off race, but I think it might be since other tracks still rquire more downforce.

Hasney

Fair enough, I now remember it now. I think my point still stands though.

I do just think it's bad luck. I mean it's the same thing as Seb where it's always failing at the moment, but because there's more of a human element in pit stops, I could understand why people could think there's something going on.

malyce

If they could keep the tyres, they're not being dropped like everyone else is so then they could be competitive. Think it would have been hard to gte past them at the very least.

Hopefully it's not a one off race, but I think it might be since other tracks still rquire more downforce.

Mercedes have ran whole race in conversation mode. This is not their true pace.

I do just think it's bad luck. I mean it's the same thing as Seb where it's always failing at the moment, but because there's more of a human element in pit stops, I could understand why people could think there's something going on.

Yeah, that's probably the most likely scenario. I wouldn't be as suspicious if it was Rosberg, since he doesn't appear to have given them a reason to be angry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom