• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT| Who Will Win? Nobody Nose

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
untitled-22roksi.gif

There is no question who will get all the girls today

olore

I don´t know why, he seems like a decent enough chap, but I really dislike Rosberg beaming and strutting around. At least he isn´t waving a finger. I think

And now he is running a german spoken rallie from the podium

Mercedes need to take the next two weeks and fucking practice their pitstops. Cost Lewis the win today. He could have undercut Rosberg with an < 3s stop. Otherwise they need to junk the current FW and put the old one back on, the brakes have failed twice in a row with it.

Ark

I don´t know why, he seems like a decent enough chap, but I really dislike Rosberg beaming and strutting around. At least he isn´t waving a finger. I think

And now he is running a german spoken rallie from the podium

I think I prefer Vettel and his finger waving. Rosberg has this perpetual sense of utter smugness.

FuturusX

I think I prefer Vettel and his finger waving. Rosberg has this perpetual sense of utter smugness.

The thing is...Vettel in his prime seemed untouchable. Rosberg just seems like the rich kid who's dad controls the universe for him. (A tad unfair - I acknowledge)

kiyomi

Yeah, but Rosberg also seems way less of a robot when he's on track. He actually fucks up from time to time, and makes small mistakes under pressure. They just haven't cost him very much yet.

The thing is...Vettel in his prime seemed untouchable. Rosberg just seems like the rich kid who's dad controls the universe for him. (A tad unfair - I acknowledge)

Wow... that's pretty harsh.

He's upped his game, there's no doubt about that.

And Hamilton hasn't been 100% convincing.

olore

Somewhat along these lines, yes. Unfair perhaps, but I get the same vibes. Rich, spoilt kid being on top of the world. It`s like he was born in Ralph Lauren or something

Ark

I kind of agree really. Rosberg seems to be cracking under pressure at times, but still managing to hold the advantage. It's really strange.

Yeah, but Rosberg also seems way less of a robot when he's on track. He actually fucks up from time to time, and makes small mistakes under pressure. They just haven't cost him very much yet.

Honestly, it may have been boring, but I preferred seeing Vettel flawlessly win every race over Rosberg stumbling from time to time.

I'm legitimately disappointed that Vettel hasn't been a factor in this season yet.

thenexus6

That post race get water, dry your face, get your watches bit is so awkward no one talks to each other because of most people's pissy attitudes. The only time they are okay is when drivers are up there that actually appreciate where they've come

Valtteri was eighth Finn on the podium in history of F1 (if you count Nico too. He has dual nationality).

Yeah they mentioned that during the coverage that ignoring Nico, Valteri he was the 7th to podium out of only 8 Fins in F1 total. Racked my brain to think who the unlucky one was, but had to look it up. Leo Kinnunen was the man, though Mikko Kozarowitzky also tried but never made it through qualifying. Pretty amazing record.

Conversly there has been 14 Australians in F1, 2 world champs, 4 winners and only 5 podium and points getters. Though we do have one who ended up in the harbour at Monaco, that has to count for something.

Said on Sky, the problems with HAM's pitstops were:

1, too deep coming in.
2, a loose piece of something meant one of the tires had to be placed very carefully. I'm guessing this is the same as the very thin layer that Nico cracked in Australia. I remember there was a shot of it then (maybe a gif also?), but not caught on camera here.

Pimpwerx

Hamilton should take a look after the race to see why his stops are worse. I don't think it's sabotage, maybe there is something he can do.

Every second matters, he's gotta find out why.
So he's developed pitstop problems in his 7th season of the sport?

Really?

REALLY?!?

When have we ever seen or heard of such a thing? The answer is never, because there's nothing he's doing wrong as a driver. The time is being lost while the car is stationary. I'm not suggesting a conspiracy, but gross and consistent incompetence when he comes into the pits. He's never had a problem parking an F1 car before. Terrible theory. PEACE.

Mastah

man I love this track. up, down, down, up. fuck tilke.

I love this track. Elevations, scenery, the flow.
We need more old track and less Tilke

That's funny, because A1/Red Bull Ring is the very first Tilkedrom, lol.

Good race and great to see Williams giving Merc run for their money. Also Alonso, what can you say about this guy, what he can extract from that Ferrari is astonishing.

Mastah

I think it is Nurburgring, isn't it?

The circuit originally known as the Osterreiching was the first F1 track to be overhauled by Hermann Tilke, whose designs have become almost ubiquitous since.

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2014/06/16/changing-tracks-red-bull-ring/

I really doubt he got contract for shortening Nordschleife in the same year he set up his company (1984) and as the next modification of Nurburgring was made for 2002 season, creating A1 Ring in 1995 (or 96?) is his first major job for F1.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Ok, this one from Twitter wins the day

AUS GP: Mark comes, Seb retires
MON GP: Mark comes, Seb retires
AUT GP: Mark comes, Seb retires
BqvnGWwIgAA4FTm.jpg

what he can extract from that Ferrari is astonishing.

No wonder, car is suited for his racing style... just check Kimi, how lost is he

Mercedes had problems with front brakes today, compared to Canada, when rear brakes overheated.

Yeah they mentioned that during the coverage that ignoring Nico, Valteri he was the 7th to podium out of only 8 Fins in F1 total. Racked my brain to think who the unlucky one was, but had to look it up. Leo Kinnunen was the man, though Mikko Kozarowitzky also tried but never made it through qualifying. Pretty amazing record.

Conversly there has been 14 Australians in F1, 2 world champs, 4 winners and only 5 podium and points getters. Though we do have one who ended up in the harbour at Monaco, that has to count for something.

Yeah. Pretty amazing record fo such a small country. It does help that we help each other out to get in F1. For example manager of Valtteri is some no name called Mika Häkkinen lol and manager of Häkkinen was Keke Rosberg. It's kinda easier to get F1 contract with those kind of names behind you.

Ryne

So he's developed pitstop problems in his 7th season of the sport?

Really?

REALLY?!?

When have we ever seen or heard of such a thing? The answer is never, because there's nothing he's doing wrong as a driver. The time is being lost while the car is stationary. I'm not suggesting a conspiracy, but gross and consistent incompetence when he comes into the pits. He's never had a problem parking an F1 car before. Terrible theory. PEACE.

No, what I am saying is that he should go take a look at the pitstops with his team and find out if something can be done better. Losing 0.5 - 1 second on a pitstop is very damaging, and if doing some analysis can find an issue then he should do it.

Addnan

Raikkonen had to start looking after his brakes two laps in and then they left him out too long. This is getting old, but Ferrari are so fucking shit and stupid.

Foshy

No wonder, car is suited for his racing style... just check Kimi, how lost is he

I don't think it's just that for Kimi. Maybe in quali, but in the race he always does quite well in the beginning stages. However, Ferrari's pit strategy has fucked him over more often than not.

Again, in this race, Alonso and Kimi were 8s apart before their first pit stops. After they had both done them, they were 16s apart.

That's some bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom