• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT| Who Will Win? Nobody Nose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Lewis. Nobody to blame but yourself for this one. Hope he can still get 2nd.

The thing is, short of a mechanical failure Rosberg doesn't look like getting anything other than top 2/3 position for the rest of the season. Whereas Hamilton is both unlucky and keeps fucking up.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Man, I can't even begin to imagine Rosberg actually winning this championship.

I've been a fan of his ever sicne 2006.

He said that he will get mustache if he wins WDC

keke-rosberg.jpg

Nicktendo86

OK calling it now: Hamilton will be pissed on the grid tomorrow, will be frustrated, will be involved in an incident and will not finish the race.

OK calling it now: Hamilton will be pissed on the grid tomorrow, will be frustrated, will be involved in an incident and will not finish the race.

No. I think he is emotional but his mistakes are more strategic than on poor driving skills. E.g Monaco late quali, Rosgberg is the one who spun out several times on qualis and almost hit the wall in Canada.

After how dejected he is today I can see it happening but think back to Austria and how he reacted there.

The worst Lewis can do tomorrow is 2nd unless he has a mechanical or crashes out. Slim Chances on either.

You guys get too excited sometimes.

Having said that, if he doesn't finish tomorrow and Nico wins, expect another tattoo.

Ferrari should just save the money, stay home and start work on 2016 car.

Juicy Bob

Reactions:

Nico Rosberg said:
'Wow, what a qualifying! It was so tricky out there this afternoon with the rain and the conditions changing so quickly. It's very satisfying to get everything right in these conditions and be able to come out on top. Thanks to the team today for guiding me through the hour so well.

My last flying lap was difficult because we were very tight for time and I was stuck right up behind Lewis. Luckily he didn't finish his lap but I remembered that we were losing three or four seconds in the last corners when it was very wet so there was an opportunity to make a real improvement and that I should keep going. It's a great opportunity to start the race from pole and I'll give it everything to take the win tomorrow."

Lewis Hamilton said:
"I made a mistake today and pulled out of the lap when I should have kept going. It was a tough qualifying with the changing conditions and we got through most of it really well, until the most important part. It was my decision, a bad call, and that decided my qualifying.

I'm so sorry to have disappointed the fans here today as their support has been fantastic and I'll do what I can to have a great race for them tomorrow. I need to have a start like I had in Austria two weeks ago and then do my best to get back to the front; you never know what might happen.

It's difficult when you're just out of the car to express your emotions and see the positive but I'll go back to the team and my family now and we'll build up for tomorrow from there."

John_B

Hamilton is the quickest around Silverstone (utterly dominating pole lap last season), if he can get near Rosberg in the first tomorrow he should have the pace to beat him.

I still think the talent will win out in the end. I can't see Rosberg not having some mechanical issues for the remaining of the season.

RoKKeR

lollllllll

What a crazy qualifying. Williams and Ferrari fucked up massively, pretty disappointing given Williams' performance last race.

Awesome lap by Vettel at the end there. Dude is a clutch driver.

Draconian

I hope Vettel retires again tomorrow. I thought I was done being sick of him, but watching him luck his way into 2nd in these conditions confirmed that I still can't stand him.

RoKKeR

I hope Vettel retires again tomorrow. I thought I was done being sick of him, but watching him luck his way into 2nd in these conditions confirmed that I still can't stand him.

Really? He had one chance to get a killer lap in at the end and that's exactly what he did.

No...they told him that if he thinks that he will not go faster he should let Nico pass him.

So it was his decision

Sounds like a psychological trick to make Hamilton feel save, make him give up on the lap and then push Rosberg. Merc as a team clearly picked a side and it's not Lewis'.

Hamilton is the quickest around Silverstone (utterly dominating pole lap last season), if he can get near Rosberg in the first tomorrow he should have the pace to beat him.

I still think the talent will win out in the end. I can't see Rosberg not having some mechanical issues for the remaining of the season.

his string of quali errors really fuck me off, but barring some kind of catastrophic crash or abysmal start, I expect him to be in p2 tomorrow by the end of the first lap and from there, it's game on again, with Rosberg having a lead of maybe 2 to 3 and a half seconds.

DrM

Redmond's Baby

Webber is on the race, so he will most likely retire

I'd say Hamilton is definitely faster than Rosberg, it's not by much though, so overtaking him during a race is really tough, if not near impossible. So if he doesn't get the quali in order going forward he's toast.

John_B

I wouldn't call it a qualifying error by Hamilton. The top 3 drivers went out because they were desperate to improve and they had brand new tires that would be handed over to FIA anyway. Red Bull even kept Ricciardo in the garage. Three losers became instant winners on pure luck.

In hindsight Hamilton should have kept himself in front of Rosberg just to see it through.

We'll see some action tomorrow though.

I'd say Hamilton is definitely faster than Rosberg, it's not by much though, so overtaking him during a race is really tough, if not near impossible. So if he doesn't get the quali in order going forward he's toast.

then let's hope it's Nico's turn to lose seconds of precious time in the pits

I wouldn't call it a qualifying error by Hamilton. The top 3 drivers went out because they were desperate to improve and they had brand new tires that would be handed over to FIA anyway. Red Bull even kept Ricciardo in the garage. Three losers became instant winners on pure luck.

In hindsight Hamilton should have kept himself in front of Rosberg just to see it through.

We'll see some action tomorrow though.
It was foolish to cede the upper hand to Nico, what the hell was he thinking. His combination of errors and hard luck reminds me of Hakkinen in 99. (though as much as I dislike Rosberg and his unending smugness, he's more deserving of the WDC than Eddie fucking Irvine.)

pants

I really can't tell if this was supposed to a serious statement or some kind of parody.

There are a couple of guys in this thread off their nut, the cookie man isn't one of them. It's telling that people cant tell what is satire anymore though

Juicy Bob

Mercedes deserve to be commended for how impartial they've been all season.

They could easily be very restrictive on their drivers to prevent them from racing and risking collisions, but they've let them both race and ensured that they're on an equal footing by being open with both of their drivers about what engine mode the other is on.

Hamilton's simply been unfortunate this season. Today, he made an error of judgement.

McNum

So, I'm a little late to the Qualifying party... Ferrari AND Williams got eliminated in Q1? The heck?

If the Qualifying is this interesting, I'm looking forward to tomorrow's race. This one could be a good one.

Yagami_Sama

That was a great qualifying. It was funny, the local TV was praising Hamilton, when they realized what was happening he was in 06th, and the silence took control of the transmission.
I am very happy for Button, but finish the race in that position would be quite a dream.
Ferrari and Williams did a "great" job.

anx10us

Banned
Mercedes deserve to be commended for how impartial they've been all season.

They could easily be very restrictive on their drivers to prevent them from racing and risking collisions, but they've let them both race and ensured that they're on an equal footing by being open with both of their drivers about what engine mode the other is on.

Hamilton's simply been unfortunate this season. Today, he made an error of judgement.

Absolutely ...

TCRS

Banned
man reading all the articles about Alonso hurts man. it hurts. and where the fuck is raikkonen? nowhere. ferrari has managed to ruin two top drivers, two world champions.

fuck it, if Alonso can jump he totally should. I'll still remain a ferraristi forever, but I'll totally cheer on Alonso like I'm doing now with Hamilton.

as for raikkonen, I think he's done..

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Ferrari will probably fire all capable engineers in next few weeks...

Didn't EJ The Oracle predicted that Alonso could bail out of Ferrari soon?

Addnan

Lotus moving to Mercedes sounds good, hopefully it's a sign they will make a comeback next season. Let Maldonado fuck off, bring in a big name. Get Alonso back.
My silly season idea

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Oh Maldonado excluded from Q results due to insufficient amount of fuel in his car. Another danger for Williams/Ferrari duo :p

Lol... All that shit luck and you can't even deal with him getting one bit of good luck.

You have issues my good man.

Chris R

Not Hammy's season it seems :( Oh well, at least the race tomorrow will be interesting with stronger cars starting further back.

Don't understand why Hamilton is so downbeat..
He's 6th but he will quickly clear the slower cars.

He does however need to step up his game in qualifying.

And Alonso please switch to Mclaren Honda. Ferrari is going to be a dog for a LONG time.

Ark

Don't understand why Hamilton is so downbeat..
He's 6th but he will quickly clear the slower cars.

He does however need to step up his game in qualifying.

And Alonso please switch to Mclaren Honda. Ferrari is going to be a dog for a LONG time.

He knows full-well that he should be leading the Championship by what would now be a comfortable margin, but thanks to mechanical failures and silly mistakes, he's behind by 29 points.

I was thinking earlier today, Hamilton has never dealt well with any level of pressure. Not sure why I never realised this, but a lot of his best performances (excluding 07/08) have been when he's had nothing to lose. He needs to get back into that mentality, he already has a title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom