• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT| Who Will Win? Nobody Nose

Status
Not open for further replies.

jey_16

Banned
Hamilton just handing the championship to Rosberg.....its funny but the double points could actually save him

Ferrari, nothing more needs to be said

He knows full-well that he should be leading the Championship by what would now be a comfortable margin, but thanks to mechanical failures and silly mistakes, he's behind by 29 points.

I was thinking earlier today, Hamilton has never dealt well with any level of pressure. Not sure why I never realised this, but a lot of his best performances (excluding 07/08) have been when he's had nothing to lose. He needs to get back into that mentality, he already has a title.

Half of his best drives are from 07/08. Id say coming in in your rookie year and going toe to toe and drawing even on points with Fernando Alonso, the best driver of the post Schumacher era, is nothing to sneeze at. The war with Massa in 08 was something else too, full of all manner of shit he had to bounce back from, the worst of which was FIA stripping him of his win at Spa when it was the Iceman who was responsible for his infraction.

pants

Even i they do thats next year's car is still fucked, they'd have some chance of having a decent car in 2016, but it takes time for new staff to gel. That's Alonso fucked. Alonso should be looking To RBR, Mercedes or McLaren if he has any sense.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Story in the Spanish press saying Button's contract isn't going to be renewed.

Also Hugo Boss is leaving McLaren after 30 years for Mercedes next year.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Also Hugo Boss is leaving McLaren after 30 years for Mercedes next year.

Collateral damage :p

"However, Hugo Boss has recently decided to co-operate with Mercedes-Benz on a number of international marketing projects unrelated to F1.
That being the case, it would be inappropriate for Hugo Boss to continue in partnership with an F1 competitor to Mercedes-Benz
, however successful that partnership has been in the past and remains now."

http://gptoday.com/details/view/493066/Hugo_Boss_to_switch_from_McLaren_to_Mercedes/

NHale

The rumors going around last September was that Abad "surprise trip to Japan" was to finalize the details of Alonso's contract with McLaren Honda. Shortly after the rumors in the press appeared: Honda pays him 100% of the salary with a #1 status within the team.

Of course that happened because Whitmarsh was in charge, now with Ron Dennis I'm not so sure that LOI matters much.

One thing is 100% sure, Alonso was gone as soon as LdM decided at the last minute to sign Kimi instead of Hulkenberg.

Dead Man

Collateral damage :p

"However, Hugo Boss has recently decided to co-operate with Mercedes-Benz on a number of international marketing projects unrelated to F1.
That being the case, it would be inappropriate for Hugo Boss to continue in partnership with an F1 competitor to Mercedes-Benz
, however successful that partnership has been in the past and remains now."

http://gptoday.com/details/view/493066/Hugo_Boss_to_switch_from_McLaren_to_Mercedes/

Always odd to me how that works. So what if they are selling some Merc jackets or something. Where is the downside for any of the parties? Probably there is one and I just don't realise it.

Hasney

As annoyed as he is to be behind Rosberg, I'm sure he was mostly just embarrassed.

And not only that, if track conditions stay the same and without a safety car, the time it will take to clear other cars will probably let Rosberg get a nice lead that will be very hard to break down over the course of the race.

Should be a great race with that grid though.

The Cowboy

What's this?
On the BBC show, David was walking around interviewing people, Prince Harry and Jackie Steward came past and he had to ask Jackie how Prince Harry was into F1 as he wasn't allowed to interview him.

I understand not being allowed to talk him on certain things, but not being able to talk to him about F1 whilst at an F1 race is beyond stupid.

The Cowboy

So, Button for the win and Hamilton for 2nd and Vettel for 3rd - all British podium (when you count 3rd using the team and not the driver).

You know it can (and will) happen :D.

Zeknurn

I'm going to assume that it's because he wants to chill out in the paddock/on the grid without spending 90% of his time at the Grand Prix just talking to media.

If it's anything like the Swedish royal family it's because they can't talk off script without making total fools of themselves.

Zeknurn

So, Button for the win and Hamilton for 2nd and Vettel for 3rd - all British podium (when you count 3rd using the team and not the driver).

You know it can (and will) happen :D.

Well, we are still waiting for the race where the Mercedes drivers take each other out. It might just happen here.

The Cowboy

I really didn't mean my initial comment to lead to a discussion about the royal bloodline and how people perceive them (or apparently how people like to suck royal appendages - LOL), lets keep this to F1 - the race is starting and Button will take the lead on the 1st corner (though he is more likely to loose a few places) :D.

Staab

Looking forward to the first couple of laps...
With Ferrari / Williams at the back and the Marussias in the mid-field it should be fun !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom