• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT| Who Will Win? Nobody Nose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasney

But seriously, Luca and Pedro arent subbing for anyone after the last time when they had to specifically go get Fisichella in and even he did pathetically bad.

That car was a dog. I was laughing at Luca until Fisi got in the car and did the same. Guy going into a car after Force India's first ever podium and failing as well. Kimi and Massa must have gotten used to it like hell at the pre-season testing.

Ruruja

I agree with Niki in this specific case, the barrier was a tiny bit bent and had a small hole in it. Not worth an hour waiting to replace.

dakun

Alonso was not in his place during the start.. but it was the same with Massa in Spa some years ago and they didn't give him a penalty

Jezbollah

I agree with Niki in this specific case, the barrier was a tiny bit bent and had a small hole in it. Not worth an hour waiting to replace.

Even though it is in a location that would be unlikely to face another incident, all you have behind it is earth and a fucking bridge. They had to replace the barrier.

TCRS

Banned
-uk-rockstar-xdurance-energy-drink-case-of-12-cans-14536-p.jpg

my first rockstar energy drink ever. bought it for the race. finished it, race still hasn't started.

Nicktendo86

They cannot afford to take the chance, the barrier was comprised and if another car hit it that place, as unlikely as that may be, it could end in disaster. It is bloody frustrating waiting but I think they are doing the right thing.

DieH@rd

Banned
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-y2d6ZbTgxLE/UGIdzhMumXI/AAAAAAAAAoE/FscRiVnrAJg/s1600/-uk-rockstar-xdurance-energy-drink-case-of-12-cans-14536-p.jpg

my first rockstar energy drink ever. bought it for the race. finished it, race still hasn't started.

Ark

The Wimbledon final is on now. No one should be forced to choose between these two events. Dammit.

Nobody wants another Kubica situation.

tHoMNZ

Niki is correct in a way.. but if another car went into that barrier as it was, we would have a decapitated driver Cevert style. They should have a quick fix instead (soft barrier pulled in place)

Osiris

I permanently banned my 6 year old daughter from using the PS4 for mistakenly sending grief reports as it's too hard to watch or talk to her

Except for the fact that that "small hole" is enough to invalidate the tracks much needed insurance coverage should they continue without the repairs, leaving the track heavily on the hook should anything further happen during the race. No track would continue under those circumstances.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Hey at least the repairs didn't last as long as some of the ones at the 24hrs of LeMans.

Though I saw this year that they introduced a "slow zone" system where drivers had to press a speed limiter during a whole section of the track. Could be useful for F1 in some situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom