• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT| Who Will Win? Nobody Nose

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuenf

one thing is for sure Massa breaked the shit out of that car.. maybe going side ways was unintentional but it probably saved Kimi from much worse injuries because he was about to go full frontal into Kimis leg.

kinda looks like his left rear break gave out?

Zeknurn

Marussia saying that a longer race brings a higher chance of rain at the end. Suggested that Chilton go on prime now and hope for rain. Awesome.

Dead Man

What I was meaning is the bump wasn't part of the paved section of the road offered to drivers who go wide on the turn.

There shouldn't be such a big lip going from grass to track though, same with the access road ramps in Austria.

Ah, sorry about the misunderstanding.

The Cowboy

Wow, that's a heck of a bump at the edge of the track (finally watched the replay showing it) - very dangerous.

Anyone gif it?.

Mobius 1

I had to leave right at the end of the race, I guess this is the one race I won't finish this year,

Felipe on TV, says he had problems with clutch on start, then says he tried avoid Kimi swerving left then right and spun out but there was no avoiding the crash.

So as far as I'm aware no race can last longer than 2 hours. That means we're almost definitely going for a timed race so even if the rain came it would still impact the same amount of laps.

30 minute sprint race incoming!

Dead Man

No problem, I'm still waking up here.

And F1 should totally have SAFER barriers setup at some locations. They save lives.

Yeah, surprised by all the armco that is still not covered with anything.

So as far as I'm aware no race can last longer than 2 hours. That means we're almost definitely going for a timed race so even if the rain came it would still impact the same amount of laps.

Doesnt the red flag stop the timer?

For all the issues of having a bump at that part of the track, Kimi really shouldn't have been flooring it off-track to hold position. This ain't Abu Dhabi, the outside of the track shouldn't be designed to be an easy way out for drivers.

Track really can't be held responsible here.

The flip side of this is that Kimi was rejoining on a straight, and to do that slowly could be just as dangerous when you're in the pack at the start of the race like that.

If the bump wasn't there, then Kimi wouldn't really have done anything wrong.

And F1 should totally have SAFER barriers setup at some locations. They save lives.

They do. Really surprised to see the exposed concrete under the bridge though, no matter how unlikely crashes there may be.

tHoMNZ

Clock is stopped under red flag. Remember canada 2011?

No problem, I'm still waking up here.

There's hardly ever any accidents in that part of the track though. Exits of corners are generally pretty incident free.

All corners have tyre barriers along with large gravel traps.

Lach

but dumb on Kimi's part too, it's not the first time he goes wide in a corner without adjusting his speed and trying to profit from it :(

Yeah. When he left the track he went full power and missed the regular rejoin area (fake grass). Still very dangerous bump especially so near the bridge,

Juz

Finnish commentator just said that according to new rules, red flags don't count to the overall length of the race.

But the maximum time is 4 hours.

As much as I hope that Kimi is well and alright, how the hell do you screw that up? Unless it was a mechanical failure, I can't see how a F1 driver can make a mistake like that.

Fittipaldi's hair plugs look terrible.

Jezbollah

Yeah. When he left the track he went full power and missed the regular rejoin area (fake grass). Still very dangerous bump especially so near the bridge,

From what it sounds like, it's a rain gully. If that's the case then it was unavoidable. Unless compromises are going to be taken surrounding drainage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom