• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT| Who Will Win? Nobody Nose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Red light at pit entry; Chilton drove in while mechanics were running all over pit lane. I wonder what kind of penalty he'll get for that.

Zeknurn

Looks like Chilton made a grave mistake by pitting under red flag. Anyone know what the punishment might be?

No bones broken for Kimi but they are concerned and will xray it.

TV channels will give up 4hrs for a race? Never knew. That's going to fuck up their schedules. I'm surprised they'd agree to it!
So a possible 5pm finish then!

John_B

Chilton is getting a serious penalty for that. He drove into a closed pit lane while all the mechanics were rushing out to the grid. Bad move.

McNum

Red light at pit entry; Chilton drove in while mechanics were running all over pit lane. I wonder what kind of penalty he'll get for that.
Danish commentators are talking a possible disqualification for that.

And now back to televised traffic radio.
"Expect delays along Silverstone due to repairs being done to the guard rails."

Ty4on

I find the four hour rule funny because the monstrous Canada 2011 was barely over four hours :p

Someone correct me if TV time was much longer.

Hasney

In the UK we have a dedicated F1 channel but yeah it will screw up the other channels schedule.

It doesn't usually screw up too much as they'll abbreviate the podium and analysis if they need tom so 4 hours would probably make the program only last an extra hour tops

YSqkB64.png

mclem

Only a drive through for Chilton. Slightly surprised it's not harsher, but pleased given it is a fairly unusual circumstance.

Ty4on

I think that's right, just a few minutes over 4 hours or something. You'd think they would have capped it off at 3 hours.
Four minutes over according to Wikipedia. Probably a compromise, but I find it funny. Like limiting the speed to 100kmh after a big accident at 101kmh.

mclem

Spot on.

Having large asphalt run offs are abused too much and are only asking for something like this to happen.

If there was grass there Kimi would have lifted.
Well, given the heart of the problem was that he hit grass at the end, maybe he should have lifted?

Hasney

Is "I'm quite beside my shoes" an actual expression relating to being confused, or has Toto just come up with a brilliant phrase?

pants

But seriously, Luca and Pedro arent subbing for anyone after the last time when they had to specifically go get Fisichella in and even he did pathetically bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom