• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT| Who Will Win? Nobody Nose

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
lol, why.

swapping an OP championship seat even with technical issues for Ferrari.

he's clearly the better driver at Mercedes, he just has to stop being a crybaby with baby hair and suck up the issues with DNFs. You'd almost forget that he's won 7 times this year with all the needless drama.

Won't happen until Lauda is there and Mercedes produces fastest car on the grid.

Ninman

Crazy predictions:

Alonso to Mercedes
Hamilton to Mclaren (Rumors since last year)
Hulk/Perez to Ferrari (Hulk best midfield driver, Perez can bring some money/Ferrari Driver academy backup)
Button/Gutty to Force India (Sutil Out, Gutty for the moneyzz)
Chilton/Kimi to Sauber

Caramello

Crazy predictions:

Alonso to Mercedes
Hamilton to Mclaren (Rumors since last year)
Hulk/Perez to Ferrari (Hulk best midfield driver, Perez can bring some money/Ferrari Driver academy backup)
Button/Gutty to Force India (Sutil Out, Gutty for the moneyzz)
Chilton/Kimi to Sauber

Kimi would just retire if that was put to him.

Ron took McLaren from a small dying company to an engineering empire, the struggles this year are repercussions from Whitmarsh's tenure IMHO.

He won't lower the rate for sponsorship according to reports and they're like rats fleeing a sinking ship, still no title sponsor, where's his Chinese mates with the moolah? It's over, forever a midfield team.

The Honda engine will be a disaster, they are getting smoked by Toyota in Super Formula and the F1 engine uses some of that tech. It'll under powered and blow up every other grand prix.

There's no hope, especially if Magnussen and Vettel is the driver line up next season.

kiyomi

He won't lower the rate for sponsorship according to reports and they're like rats fleeing a sinking ship, still no title sponsor, where's his Chinese mates with the moolah? It's over, forever a midfield team.

The Honda engine will be a disaster, they are getting smoked by Toyota in Super Formula and the F1 engine uses some of that tech. It'll under powered and blow up every other grand prix.

There's no hope, especially if Magnussen and Vettel is the driver line up next season.

I'm really glad you know everything about McLaren's inner workings as regards to their viability as a sponsorable brand as well as being an all-seeing and all-knowing clairvoyant.

Dilly

Banned

Amusing, the complete opposite to your posts in the off-season thread. Especially the Honda engine criticism.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Mclaren is investigating why Magnussen finished race almost cooked with burns in his mouth and arms.Kvyat and Vettel had issues due to dehydration after the race

Ark

On Alonso; there's a reason everyone in the paddock wants Alonso or Hamilton in their car. Those two in 2007 are a world apart from where they are now. Absolute top of their field, and there's a reason that when they're both asked who they think the best is, they always refer to each other. Even when they're not asked.

I love the sort of rival-bromance they have for each other.

Stop quoting him, pls.

You can't get the full F1 GAF experience without reading the usual Wax Free & Zomg posts :D

Pimpwerx

On Alonso; there's a reason everyone in the paddock wants Alonso or Hamilton in their car. Those two in 2007 are a world apart from where they are now. Absolute top of their field, and there's a reason that when they're both asked who they think the best is, they always refer to each other. Even when they're not asked.

I love the sort of rival-bromance they have for each other.
Game recognize game. :D

Also, silly season already? It's crazy to think Lewis would walk from this car, but given the shoddy way Merc has handled his season, I wouldn't blame him. The best driver doesn't have to just suck it up and be grateful for the car.

Anyway, the last two races have been interesting, after being gutted in Spa. It's really going to come down to winning in Abu Dhabi, because of the stupid double points. Such a shame, because there's a solid chance the best driver in the best car won't be crowned champion. PEACE.

Juicy Bob

Juicy Bob's Platinum-Plated Predictions:

- Hamilton will win championship, double points will not decide the title
- Rosberg will win one more race before season's end
- Alonso will leave Ferrari at the end of the season
- Hamilton and Rosberg will remain at Mercedes
- McLaren won't win a race in 2015

Lucius86

Banned
Juicy Bob's Platinum-Plated Predictions:

- Hamilton will win championship, double points will not decide the title
- Rosberg will win one more race before season's end
- Alonso will leave Ferrari at the end of the season
- Hamilton and Rosberg will remain at Mercedes
- McLaren won't win a race in 2015

I support these predictions.

Tubie

I doubt Alonso would move to Mercedes or Hamilton leaving Mercedes.

I'm almost sure Alonso won't stay at Ferrari tho, and good for him. Ferrari won't build a good car again in whatever is left of Alonso's career.

Ark

I doubt Alonso would move to Mercedes or Hamilton leaving Mercedes.

I'm almost sure Alonso won't stay at Ferrari tho, and good for him. Ferrari won't build a good car again in whatever is left of Alonso's career.

I don't know. I have faith in James Allison, look at what he managed to do with Lotus. Alonso's best bet is to wait it out at Ferrari next year and see if McLaren-Honda are any good.

Where would Alonso go though? RBR isn't going to just give up Vettel. I'm sure Williams isn't going to do the same Bottas or Massa. Maybe McClaren? But is that really a step forward over Ferrari at this point?

kiyomi

My prediction is that all predictions are predictably predictable, predicting that further predictions will become predictable, which itself is predictable, predictably.

Amusing, the complete opposite to your posts in the off-season thread. Especially the Honda engine criticism.

They haven't even decided on what turbo or fuel supplier to use yet.

http://as-web.jp/news/info.php?c_id=1&no=58709

Turbo:

Still negotiating with several manufacturers, incl Garrett (Honeywell). It's taking time because which supplier to choose depends on whether we go for separate type or not

Fuel:

talking with several companies like ENEOS, Idemitsu, Shell and BP

Does that mean Exxon is another long term partner of McLaren escaping at the end of the season, or will McLaren do what Williams did this season? It's not sounding good at all to me.

Razgreez

Was just about to mention the same thing. From Mclaren having 2015 in the bag ( during the season and before it) to complete and total failure

Aiii

So not worth it
There's a big difference between drawing with a pencil (my dad did the same before his retirement) and having your secretary print out all your emails.

It also raises questions, does he write the replies onto them and does she then reply to the emails for him? Does he tell her who to CC? What does he do when he wants to send out an e-mail himself? And how do they handle attachments in replies, does she scan his hand-written excel sheets?

http://www.elperiodico.com/es/noticias/deportes/alonso-decide-cambiar-aires-3540606

- Briatore called old friend Lauda
- Alonso set to replace Lewis who has decided not to renew his contract
- Mercedes sick of Lewis's glitz and glamour style (citing the purchase of the $25m private jet upon signing for Mercedes)
- Lauda love affair with Alonso ("by far the best driver")
- Most likely swap is Hamilton-Alonso and not Vettel-Alonso as RBR will fight tooth and nail to keep Vettel

Zeknurn

I still don't see Hamilton leaving the strongest team on the grid after he wins the WDC this year.

On the other hand, Rosberg Alonso would most likely be a much easier driver pairing for Mercedes to manage.

Blablurn

Schumis son Micky became 2nd in the Go Kart World Championship

3,w=650,c=0.bild.jpg

Dead Man

http://www.elperiodico.com/es/noticias/deportes/alonso-decide-cambiar-aires-3540606

- Mercedes sick of Lewis's glitz and glamour style (citing the purchase of the $25m private jet upon signing for Mercedes)
- Most likely swap is Hamilton-Alonso and not Vettel-Alonso as RBR will fight tooth and nail to keep Vettel
Why would Merc not want Ham? And annoyed that he spent his own money? What the fuck? And Ham walking away from Merc? Is everybody just a precious fucking princess now? I don't understand any of this.
Schumis son Micky became 2nd in the Go Kart World Championship

3,w=650,c=0.bild.jpg

I could not deal with that pressure. I would stay way the fuck away from professional driving. Good luck to him though.

Razgreez

I cannot find any source for Lauda ever calling Alonso "the best driver" and with Lauda seemingly firmly in Hamilton's corner this all seems rather silly

Why would Merc not want Ham? And annoyed that he spent his own money? What the fuck? And Ham walking away from Merc? Is everybody just a precious fucking princess now? I don't understand any of this.

Because it's bollocks

I could not deal with that pressure. I would stay way the fuck away from professional driving. Good luck to him though.

If it's in your genes it's in your blood

Aiii

So not worth it

That list has got to be biggest pile of bullshit ever assembled.

Especially the "sick of glitz and glamour style."

For one, that is EXACTLY the identity Mercedes want to portray as a premium car brand and secondly, what the fuck do they care what Lewis does with the money they pay him? If he wants to buy a jet, more power to him.

Spanish media, you so silly.

Addnan

I don't see them kicking Lewis out, that would be crazy. If he ends up winning the WDC and then they don't keep him how bad would that look to everyone on the outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom