• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT| Who Will Win? Nobody Nose

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsrjedi

They did, it isn't for NBC to show, the race director throws it up now and then.

Just rewound during the commercial & didn't see anything. Plus, the pit lane announcer just mentioned Hamilton's fuel use.

I'm also not seeing the throttle & gears from previous seasons

Dead Man

I do think that mandating overall fuel usage AND flow rate is a bit redundant, just let the team use the fuel up they are allocated. I know they say they are worried about teams lifting off suddenly on straights, but it just seems overcomplicated to me.

Just another piece of shit sensor to go wrong.

Fake edit: Not defending RBR ignoring the FIA in Melbourne, just thinking in general terms of the rules.

Lach

Sauber batteling with Marussia and Caterham....how sad!

Kobayashi on 11 (soon 12)....a few more retirements and he'll get some points...

Chris R

Can do it whenever as long as it gets done.

Ah ok, I though it would be something that needed to be served within X laps.

Just rewound during the commercial & didn't see anything. Plus, the pit lane announcer just mentioned Hamilton's fuel use.

I saw it. Can't remember what lap sorry, but it was there. Showed the fuel usage for the top 8 or 10 cars.

ramparter

Banned
God this feels like the second half of last year already. I really hope f1 TV go downhill, that our last hope to have a completely new direction...

kmag

So haven't Redbull weakened their appeal by following race directions this race?

And the sensor is completely gubbed so they're not getting a reading then applying an offset to it. They'll just be applying a default based on data gathered earlier in the weekend. I believe RB's issue was they felt the offset was far too draconian compared to their injector data, and that the offset itself was based on spotty data as they had issues all weekend so no baseline was defined.

Pimpwerx

It's been shown on nbcsn. They even show it during the ads. It's on the official feed. PEACE.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
The just said the sensor is now completely dead and they are using a setting from the FIA. Backs up the dodgy sensor claim.
But what about the installation of it on the RBR and STR cars is making it fail? Other teams aren't having these issues.

frontieruk

And the sensor is completely gubbed so they're not getting a reading then applying an offset to it. They'll just be applying a default based on data gathered earlier in the weekend. I believe RB's issue was they felt the offset was far too draconian compared to their injector data, and that the offset itself was based on spotty data as they had issues all weekend so no baseline was defined.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Way less marbles generated from the Pirelli tires. Should make going off the racing line to pass more viable.

gsrjedi

Ah ok, I though it would be something that needed to be served within X laps.

I saw it. Can't remember what lap sorry, but it was there. Showed the fuel usage for the top 8 or 10 cars.

Just saw it on the last lap, I'm guessing I just mistook it for the gaps board

Tubie

Can we go back to 2012 where the RB, McLaren and Ferarri were all somewhat close and it was fun all the way till the last race?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom