• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT| Who Will Win? Nobody Nose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timbuktu

I think after their shambles of a car last year, they went ultra conservative and wanted to get the platform for the future, have a car that can be built upon. It wouldn't surprise me if this year's car was made for the Honda engine.

That would be the hope, but I can't help but feel that McLaren as a whole has been stretched slightly and a bit distracted with all that effort in building a road car business. They just haven't had the experience to be on top of everything yet.

Come on Ron. Get a fucking decent car sorted out and hire Alonso. He deserves so much better than the shit Ferrari serve up every year.

Alonso is a good driver but a cancer to a team.

I wouldn't take him on unless I was fully committed to having my other driver be nothjng more than a test bed for making Alonso's car better.

mclem

Me, playing catch-up:

Current engine usage so far:
BkYVsF3CYAAXqau.png

6 is the limit, isn't it? I really need to earn enough money to ditch the Caterhams before they become active liabilities rather than simply stepping stones to greater things.

I definitely had my doubts about Lewis's decision, but it's probably one of the best drivers moves ever.

For the diametric opposite of that, observe Maldonado.

'Streets ahead'? Someone's a Community fan

It always surprised me, reading the Community thread way back when, that so few people were aware of that term. It's not a term I'd ever been aware was unique to the UK, but maybe it is. Either way, if the speaker is British or has had a lot of exposure to British stuff, probably best to not expect it to be a Community reference :)

Shaneus

It always surprised me, reading the Community thread way back when, that so few people were aware of that term. It's not a term I'd ever been aware was unique to the UK, but maybe it is. Either way, if the speaker is British or has had a lot of exposure to British stuff, probably best to not expect it to be a Community reference :)
From what I understand, very much a UK/Queen's English term. Surprised me when it appeared as some weird thing in a Community episode as well.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Funny little thing - Bottas was complaining to the team on the radio after Q1 that the marshals were knocking all the switches on his steering wheel while they were pushing him into the weigh bridge and changing all his settings.
They will re-set the settings before the race, all settings are stored in the computer for engineer analysis

Zeknurn

Ecclestone agrees to two new F1 teams joining over next 2 years.

Bernie Ecclestone announced that a new team would be joining the Formula One championship next year and another for the 2016 season. Contrary to all the recent rumours though, it will not be the American team Hass which joins the world’s most expensive sport but a Romanian consortium fronted by ex- HRT and Midland team principle Colin Kolles.

The group will have the backing of Dacia which reportedly has agreed a supply of Renault engines – Dacia being a subsidiary of the French Group headed by Carlos Ghosn.

Surprisingly it was Bernie and not the FIA who made the announcement “I talked yesterday with Jean Todt and two nominations will be accepted. It does not depend on us whether they line up or not – I’d be happy to have a couple of other teams in Grand Prix’s.”

Asked about the Haas application, Ecclestone continued: “Yes, Haas is building a plant near its NASCAR base which has a wind tunnel and they are also putting in place a facility in Italy.”

Gene Haas is likely to postpone it’s debut until the 2016 season to allow the project leader – Italian Gunther Steiner – the time to source the budget in the United States for the team. Despite the likely co-operation of Ferrari supplying the power unit and Dallara designing and building the chassis, finding sponsorship Stateside – where American companies are accustomed to paying considerably less than a competitive Formula One budget – will take some time.

A Dacia team? Top Gear is going to love that.

Shaneus

Damn, I'd love to have seen an Australian (or Australian-owned) team be in the running, but location is a bitch when there's only one race here.

I just wanna see Stoddart head up another team.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
PitLaneTalk ‏@pitlanetalk now

Mechanics working on Kimi Raikkonen's car. Apparently there is a gearbox issue. More details shortly. #F1 #Formula1

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware

Lach

No No No No No!

BBC is not showing this race live! SwissTV is showing Football and is putting F1 on a channel that isn't HD.
Alternatives are RTL (which are ok for the prerace stuff) or ORF (austrian borefest).

[edit] I think my best plan will be to show ORF's picture and listen to BBC 5 live and hope there's not too much delay in either picture or sound...

DrM

Redmond's Baby
ORF is great choice, they are airing it without any commercials during the race

Lewis had Brake-by-Wire control system replaced in Parc Ferme, Ferrari replaced exhaust manifold and spark plugs on both cars and checked Kimi's MGU-K and turbo charger

drizzle

Axel Hertz
SkySports F1 showed a quick video on the 900th race spcial thing of a couple pilots throwing punches at each other, full with helmet.

Which race was that?

TylerD

It seems somebody at Formula1.com is not pleased with Mercedes domination. From the qualifying feature...

Once again Mercedes had the front row all wrapped up, and maintained as near as dammit a second advantage over their closest opposition. Rosberg pulled the rabbit out of the hat to best Hamilton on their first Q3 runs, and when the latter messed up early in his second run it was all over. He said that he felt less comfortable in the car during qualifying than he had in the three practice sessions.

Dammit - 1.exclamation of annoyance: used as a swearword to express irritation, displeasure, disappointment, or frustration with somebody or something

Source: http://www.formula1.com/news/features/2014/4/15686.html

TCRS

Banned
No No No No No!

BBC is not showing this race live! SwissTV is showing Football and is putting F1 on a channel that isn't HD.
Alternatives are RTL (which are ok for the prerace stuff) or ORF (austrian borefest).

[edit] I think my best plan will be to show ORF's picture and listen to BBC 5 live and hope there's not too much delay in either picture or sound...

huh. I think I'll do the same with RTL. Heiko Waßer and Christian Danners commentary is an absolute borefest.

NHale

If what Nico just said on pit radio is true (having problems engaging 1st gear), he's going to be 7th after the 1st corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom