• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT| Who Will Win? Nobody Nose

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoKKeR

Ricciardo 3rd ahead of Bottas. Hm.

Doesn't he have a grid penalty?

Anyways, great job to Bottas. Would love to see him grab 3rd tomorrow, but either way it's nice to see that the Williams is competitive with "the rest" in the dry.

markao

Nice lap by Nico, amazing to see the Mercedes going flat-out through 12 (fast uphill right hander), so nothing wrong with the downforce on that car.

Timbuktu

Wonder if Button with frustrate Massa again.

Mercs are the new Res bull, but I guess the two drivers would be competitive against each other... I hope

NHale

Poor Ricciardo can't get a break. Get a penalty for something he didn't do and now 3rd place get demoted to 13th.

I know it's the rules and I agree with them but it's still bad luck.

Today was opposite day on the driver battles: Nico > Lewis; Ricciardo > Vettel; Perez > Hulk; Kimi > Alonso; etc.

Ark

Not surprised by Rosberg pole, had him down as pole sitter for this weekend. I reckon Rosberg will take the race win tomorrow.

Should be an interesting race as long as Rosberg doesn't run away with it.

Timbuktu

Not only that but I have the feeling that Mercedes really treats both drivers the same way.

For now at least. One is German, but the other is the more famous and more marketable name. If one of the other teams get closer, we'll see if they are comfortable with them splitting the points at the busy end of the season. Would be interesting to see how aggressive Ham will be at the first corner tomorrow.

Juicy Bob

For now at least. One is German, but the other is the more famous and more marketable name. If one of the other teams get closer, we'll see if they are comfortable with them splitting the points at the busy end of the season. Would be interesting to see how aggressive Ham will be at the first corner tomorrow.
You've got to remember that Lewis and Nico have known each other for ages. They used to be team mates in karting. They have a mutually respectful relationship and I think they can have a good, fair fight for the title this year. I don't think that one of them will run away with it or that team orders will have to come into it.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Will be interesting to see how will Ferrari work on long run tomorrow. They had one lap pace, but they were slower than FI and Williams in long runs.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
I always thought Hamilton was mates with Kubica, didn't realize Rosberg as well.
CVdxxDR.jpg

Nico-Rosberg-Lewis-Hamilton-2001_2708557.jpg

Times down to .8 seconds behind last years quali time. The tires are supposed to be a second slower this year, and aero is also significantly down, so I guess the green engines aren't so bad afterall....

duckroll

Moving from McLaren to Mercedes seems to have been a really solid career choice for Hamilton. It's really surprising how it has all played out since the move.

Juicy Bob

Moving from McLaren to Mercedes seems to have been a really solid career choice for Hamilton. It's really surprising how it has all played out since the move.
It's clear that Merc basically pitched their plans for 2014 to him, convinced Lewis that they were going to turn up at the first race of this season with a dominant car and that he would have a chance of establishing a dynasty if he moved to them - and that's exactly what's happened.

Ark

Don't forget that since 2010 it's been plain to see that Mercedes have been making changes in all the right areas of the Brackley squad they picked up and improving that tenfold year on year.

I've been calling this for years (feel free to check my post history), but I never in a million years expected Mercedes to have more time in hand than even Vettel did in 2011. If they maintain that gap all year and it boils down to a Lewis Vs. Nico battle I won't even be disappointed, I'll just be fucking amazed at how good of a job they've done so far.

Don't forget that since 2010 it's been plain to see that Mercedes have been making changes in all the right areas of the Brackley squad they picked up and improving that tenfold year on year.

I've been calling this for years (feel free to check my post history), but I never in a million years expected Mercedes to have more time in hand than even Vettel did in 2011. If they maintain that gap all year and it boils down to a Lewis Vs. Nico battle I won't even be disappointed, I'll just be fucking amazed at how good of a job they've done so far.

And yet Ferrari can't get their shit together. I really want to know where exactly the problem lies. They have two great drivers, another great technical director, they even got Rory Byrne out of retirement for the FIAT. It can't be all Domenicali.

So is Kimi driving the socks out of that Ferrari "beyond its capabilities"? lol, no, it has to be that Alonso has something wrong :|

Go KIMI!

I hope the race is trouble free

Ark

And yet Ferrari can't get their shit together. I really want to know where exactly the problem lies. They have two great drivers, another great technical director, they even got Rory Byrne out of retirement for the FIAT. It can't be all Domenicali.

To be honest I don't think Domenicali is the problem. He's seen Alonso finish second three times (we'll ignore CC for argument's sake) and yes you could blame him for 2010 but that's no reason to sack him. I wouldn't say LdM is the problem either, now I have absolutely no idea on how Ferrari's hierarchy works but I get the impression that LdM doesn't interfere with the race team other than releasing statements to the media when he's displeased. - again, I have no idea, just speculating.

I used to have absolute confidence that Ferrari would get Alonso the third title he unequivocally deserves but they don't seem to be able to break out from this lull they're in. The only way I can see them publicly fix that is to do what Red Bull and Mercedes did early on in their lives and completely reorganise the team including hiring externally.

F1 produces some of the coolest pictures.

EDIT: On the topic of Hamilton, this year is going to be the defining year of his career. So even if Mercedes lead the entire year by 20 seconds it'll be interesting in that regard at the least.

Oooooooh snap!!

HAHAHA.. This is gonna be FUNNNNN!!!

http://www.mtv.fi/sport/f1/uutiset....-raikkosesta-mika-ero-kansakunnan-pelastajaan

The first signs of tensions between the Ferrari drivers surfaced today when Alonso sarcastically called Raikkonen "the savior of the nation" when talking italian with his engineer, possibly referring to Raikkonen's popularity within the team.

- I want to know really just where is the savior of the nation. What is the gap to him? Alonso asked on the radio.

This is what the "savior of the nation" had to say about today's quali.

Kimi (about out qualified his teammate): "My goals are more than starting in front of my teammate."

I'm already loving this season. I just hope that Kimi stays ahead of Alonso so insure drama in the Ferrari stable

megateto

Not cool, Nando, not cool. I understand he wants to take Kimi as a reference, specially considering his PU problems, but that message... :/

Come on Ron. Get a fucking decent car sorted out and hire Alonso. He deserves so much better than the shit Ferrari serve up every year.

Car is a dog. Slower than all other merc powered cars, his is that possible for a team of McLaren's size?

I think after their shambles of a car last year, they went ultra conservative and wanted to get the platform for the future, have a car that can be built upon. It wouldn't surprise me if this year's car was made for the Honda engine.

Juicy Bob

Funny little thing - Bottas was complaining to the team on the radio after Q1 that the marshals were knocking all the switches on his steering wheel while they were pushing him into the weigh bridge and changing all his settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom