• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2014 Season |OT| Who Will Win? Nobody Nose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryne

Damn, avaya.

Anyway, hope Red Bull gets taught a lesson here. They should have just listened and presented an argument against it after the race; it was a bit arrogant of them to just flat out ignore the FIA and go their own merry way.

Thanks for the posts Hammer24

With the rumours that McLaren is thinking about replacing Button with Vandoorne for next season I think Alonso's only choice is to stay at Ferrari (or retire).

No way will McLaren start next season with Mag / Van, Button will stay / retire / swap seats with Alonso.

Ronbo in an interview from the other day:

Jenson is doing a great job. He is quick and he is dedicated so there is no reason not to stay with Jenson from any perspective.

When Button crushes KMag this season, I can see a But / Alo lineup for Honda's return.

TCRS

Banned
Eddie Jordan said Alonso is going back to McLaren and he's usually right about this sort of thing. I didn't think it was ever possible but with Kimi back at Ferrari, I'm not so sure anymore.

Pretty sad. Alonso winning a title with Ferrari would be a dream come true. Schumacher era stuff. Oh well.

Jibbed

Pretty sad. Alonso winning a title with Ferrari would be a dream come true. Schumacher era stuff. Oh well.

Yeah.. Alonso's patience is wearing thin though. I'm given the impression that Schumacher was much more team-orientated back in the day, and with the aid of Ross Brawn created a very powerful, efficient workforce.

Alonso may have the odd samurai quote every now and again to motivate Ferrari, but I don't see the same level of commitment in terms of getting the maximum out of the organisation as a whole. He's much more focused on his own ambitions and immediate prospects.

Yagami_Sama

Two rookies on McLaren next year. don't seem to be a good choice. Magnussen was good in the first race but now I am feeling that it more lucky than skill, I hope that is just an impression.
I particularly don't like Alonso, but I can live with that for one season.

RB should be DQ'd from this years Constructors Championship. Suspending a race or two wont do shit because they're gonna continue doing whatever the fuck they want because if their point of view "they're not doing anything wrong"

I hope the FIA hits them hard. Shit, throw a 100m fine while you're at it.

Zeppu

Yeah. Let's disqualify the only team which has any hope of catching up to Mercedes because they did something for which they were punished by being disqualified from a race. That makes sense.

Ark

Yeah. Let's disqualify the only team which has any hope of catching up to Mercedes because they did something for which they were punished by being disqualified from a race. That makes sense.

I don't think you understand how rules work.

rule
noun
plural noun: rules; noun: Rules
one of a set of explicit or understood regulations or principles governing conduct within a particular activity or sphere.

Hammer24

Banned
With the rumours that McLaren is thinking about replacing Button with Vandoorne for next season I think Alonso's only choice is to stay at Ferrari (or retire).

MCL is not going with two unexperienced drivers next year. From what I heard, BUT got a golden payout promised to basically be the development driver next year. If, - and that's a big if, as MCL is known to stand to their word -, they´d change their mind to go cheap, than they'd go with ALO.

Eddie Jordan said Alonso is going back to McLaren and he's usually right about this sort of thing. I didn't think it was ever possible but with Kimi back at Ferrari, I'm not so sure anymore.

It might well be that ALO ends up at MCL - but once again, guys, please: EJ is the biggest chatterbox/fishwife in the circus. Don´t take anything he says for granted. There might be diamonds among the manure, but they are sparse.

Zeppu

I don't think you understand how rules work.

Thanks for explaining that to me. Not having enough fuel at the end of a race or qualy is against the rules as well right? And not bringing the car to parc ferme after a race. Or giving a lift to another driver back to the pits. Or going off track to gain position.
We should disqualify all teams from the WCC every time they do such a thing.

Brundle pretty much said what I thought about Domenicali.

"Sorry to hear Stefano Domenicali has stepped down at Ferrari. Like Martin Whitmarsh he's an approachable good guy, which means little in F1"

Both of them were nice guys and didn't accomplish as much as their asshole competition.

Pimpwerx

Yeah I gave up. With no prediction question for each race everyone just ends up being tied for the entire season.
Pole time is the new bonus. It just delays growth 1 week, which is fine because everyone is flush with money in the last few races anyway.
Just deleted my f1manager account, this is ridiculous, could do no changes after 3 races...
You should've given it time. This year they're making it start slower because the previous two years people were overflowing with cash with about 5 weeks to go. The money grows pretty fast. By midway we should be able to afford top drivers, and by the last few races, we can probably field a pretty stacked team.

Then again, I've been much better at this game than the Castrol one we did last year. Predicting finishing orders isn't my thing. I can read engine and chassis trends pretty well though. A tip for next year is to review all the winter testing results before Melbourne, and pick the early season dark horse as engine or chassis, then fill in the rest around that, as budget allows. I've successfully ridden Force India to great early season starts on the leaderboards all 3 seasons we've used F1M. People sleep on them every year, but when it's not Hulk smashing preconceptions of the car this season, it was Sutil doing it in others. Y'all seen RedShift Racing up there before. :D

Force India is a really interesting team. I feel their a works deal away from stomping with the big dogs. PEACE.

So we should hear the FIA decision on Red Bull's appeal at some point today, what does everyone think are the likely outcomes?

1. Race DQ upheld and no further action?
  2. Race DQ upheld, further race suspensions and fine??
  3. Entire season DQ and mega-fine???
  4. Slap on the wrist, DQ quashed????
    Because they're Red Bull and might leave the sport OMG!
I reckon option 1, likely, option 2 a definite possibility. 3 or 4 just for the hilarity that would ensue!

hamchan

They should just uphold the DQ and maybe give a fine for wasting everyone's time. Any more than that and it's a bit extreme.

acm2000

if Formula Red Bull looked like this:
red-bull-x2014.jpg

then good bye F1 and hello FRB!

DrM

Redmond's Baby
/Bernie mode on

They should be granted additional 3 day test in Bahrain, just for fairness in this sport
/Bernie mode off

mclem

So we should hear the FIA decision on Red Bull's appeal at some point today, what does everyone think are the likely outcomes?

1. Race DQ upheld and no further action?
  2. Race DQ upheld, further race suspensions and fine??
  3. Entire season DQ and mega-fine???
  4. Slap on the wrist, DQ quashed????
    Because they're Red Bull and might leave the sport OMG!
I reckon option 1, likely, option 2 a definite possibility. 3 or 4 just for the hilarity that would ensue!

The judge judges if they should be regarded as having breached the rules, but who determines the punishment, anyway? Does that go back to the FIA rules folks or does the judge make a call?

DENIED!!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/113461

The FIA Court of Appeal has rejected the Red Bull Formula 1 team's appeal against Daniel Ricciardo's disqualification from the Australian Grand Prix.

The Australian's car was found to have "consistently" exceeded the maximum permitted fuel-flow rate of 100kg/h but despite Red Bull arguing during Monday's hearing that this was not the case and the FIA-homologated fuel-flow sensor was not reliable, the exclusion stands.

"The Court, after having heard the parties and examined their submissions, decided to uphold the Decision N°56 of the Stewards by which they decided to exclude Infiniti Red Bull Racing's car N°3 from the results of the 2014 Australian Grand Prix," said an FIA statement.

Edit: Dammit, beaten twice!!

Hammer24

Banned
Does that go back to the FIA rules folks or does the judge make a call?

The judge is FIA, he can decide.

Hardly a compliment then ;)

LOL, <3 Shaneus!

If they do it again, DQ'd from the race again, no appeal.

Hmm, appealing is always possible, otherwise there´d be no fairness to the process.
But I think repeat offenders should be treated harsher when they do. So some kind of probation would hurt no one right now, and keep up the standards.

What a boring outcome. Total waste of everyone's time. I'm sorry you followed this crap yesterday, Hammer. We still appreciate the transcript, though.

Zeppu

What a boring outcome. Total waste of everyone's time. I'm sorry you followed this crap yesterday, Hammer. We still appreciate the transcript, though.

Honestly, I don't know what you guys expected. It was an appeal. Why would they get additional penalties for an appeal?

Honestly, I don't know what you guys expected. It was an appeal. Why would they get additional penalties for an appeal?

But Horner said they'd have a strong case! And Mercedes wants more blood!

According to Mercedes' barrister Paul Harris QC, additional punishment could be handed out because new information was submitted to the panel of judges, which means the appeal has became a hearing instead.

"This is a rehearing with new and different evidence than the stewards had [at the time in Australia]," Harris, who also represented Mercedes during the 2013 tyre test tribunal, said in his opening remarks on Monday.

"Now this court has had sight, it can see more clearly than the stewards that the breach was very deliberate; it was a flagrant breach.

"[Red Bull] knew [it was] not compliant, not doing what Mr Lom [FIA head of powertrain] said repeatedly, and knew full well it was being done to obtain and express sporting advantage - 0.4s per lap for Mr Ricciardo."

I can't watch the race next weekend, so I need as much F1 drama as possible. :(

Zeppu

MERC were pushing for it

Yeah but that's teams being dicks to each others especially considering RB were being dicks and asking for a harsher penalty after the Pirelli testing debacle.

I personally believe it's ridiculous that someone would be better off not attempting to appeal simply because if the appeal is rejected you can get additional penalties. Probation I might understand, but again they should've been put under probation immediately after they got DQ'd in Australia.

Overall though, good job. I agree with the decision since it seems that they were gaining an advantage of 0.4s/lap.

Oh wow, didn't know of this.

Nevermind me then folks.

"All three races so far have been won by the same team and therefore Fry is realistic about the Scuderia’s short term goals. “We are naturally working as hard as we can on closing the gap to the top teams, with Mercedes having a reasonable lead over the rest of the field,” says the Englishman. “Currently, our first priority is to establish ourselves as the second best team. We are looking at all areas of the car – power unit, aero, suspension. We are trying to make as big a step as we can for each and every race.” - See more at: http://formula1.ferrari.com/news/chinese-gp-closing-gap-top-teams#sthash.Vv5clspX.dpuf"

At least you can't say they aren't realistic.

duckroll

I don't think it was a waste of time at all. I think this entire circus has been a pretty good indication of how little Red Bull thinks of the FIA, and how full of themselves they are, thinking they actually had a chance at an appeal with the evidence they had. The outcome obviously didn't change, but I think it shows that Red Bull doesn't really have any surprises left in their bag of tricks.

Nicktendo86

Oh I don't mean a waste of our time, it's been interesting I think to argue over the points etc, but they wasted the court's time with a frivolous appeal which never had any chance of winning. Very surprised they didn't get another penalty actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom