• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

Mastah

The Buxton Blog ‏@thebuxtonblog 43s44 seconds ago

.@McLarenF1 junior @svandoorne fastest in GP2 practice on a 1:30.171. Top McHonda of @alo_oficial best lap in FP1, a 1:29.813. Ouch.

:(

I wouldn't say that per se... what's clear is that Ferrari is definitely evaluating its options.

Arrivabene is delaying any decision to the end of the season, according to Gazzetta.

That really doesn't inspire a lot of confidence.

Maybe the Kimi to Haas rumors end up being true.

And Marussia is 2 seconds slower than a GP2 car. Absolutely pathetic.

Arrivabene is delaying any decision to the end of the season, according to Gazzetta.

That really doesn't inspire a lot of confidence.

And Marussia is 2 seconds slower than a GP2 car. Absolutely pathetic.

What a fall for Kimi if that were true. From championship contender to first-year backmarker...

As usual. They always have to do different programs in FP1.

I don't recall speed trap to be that different though.

DBT85

Its still the beginning of their first year together. If they are still in this state at the end of next season, thens the time to throw them under the bus.
People simply need to keep their expectations in check ;-)

but but but but but the internet told me Honda were going to arrive and together they would give McLaren at least +10 speed and +5 dexterity.

I don't recall speed trap to be that different though.

Probably evaluating which setup gives the lap time and speed where it is needed to keep Ferrari behind.

Or they might be testing some of these parts that they aren't developing.

Mastah

Yeah, like Kimi would like to go there, lol.

Dat Mercedes reliability:

CEeozE8XIAEraVZ.png:orig

Aiii

So not worth it
Engine change for Ricky. Sky think Ricciardo is now on his fifth engine.

Going by the graph above it's the fourth though.

Mastah

Haas will be more competitive that the a normal new entry. They'll basically use everything they can from Ferrari. It's literally a B-team.

I'm suuuure Kimi can't wait to spend his last years in F1 driving for midfield/backmarker team, after already suffering this fate with Ferrari last season.

DBT85

Haas will be more competitive that the a normal new entry. They'll basically use everything they can from Ferrari. It's literally a B-team.

I quite literally isn't a b-team. They have a working technical partnership with Ferrari for all the bits they can get from them. That's it. Ferrari don't pick drivers or supply the chassis or bodywork.

Mastah

Well it might come down to that. Ferrari don't have to give him an extension: Haas or GTFO.

Or Indycar or NASCAR or WEC or rallying or raising his son or whatever else Kimi wants to do. All these options are better than driving for team which will probably be dead last.

Unless of course Kimi wants to swallow pride left in him and sell himself for big money.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Jesus. They'll be able to upgrade 3 engines with their token changes in some cases.

They are planning to use first engine in Monaco and then switch to new, upgraded one in Canada. I think this is the reason for insane mileage during winter testing.

Jibbed

Uh, no. They only get the following non-engine parts from Ferrari:

- Suspension mounting points
- Brakes
- Suspension uprights
- Pedal box
- Steering rack
- Fuel cell

Does that sound like a full car to you? Dallara are helping them design the chassis in-house, and they have nothing in the way of aero / setup / whatever help.

Toro Rosso is more of a 'B-team' even in its current form, and even they do a lot of in-house work now.

I quite literally isn't a b-team. They have a working technical partnership with Ferrari for all the bits they can get from them. That's it. Ferrari don't pick drivers or supply the chassis or bodywork.

Literally a B-team as much as the regulations allow. Gene Haas has said they will use everything they can.

If the regs allowed selling chassis or even the entire car Haas would take that option. But it doesn't.

I'm sure Ferrari will have a say on the drivers, if that means a discount on the PUs.

h3ro

Alonso just said "Maybe you have a virus in your computer" regarding poor battery charging over the radio :lol

Dilly

Banned
13:23 "The rear was weak at the start and it's getting weaker," says Button, although he adds: "It's diffiuclt to understand because it feels like it's coming back to me a bit."

Button pls

Mastah

Lap times are pathetic. Last year Ham did 1:25.5 in FP2 and today he was 1.5s slower than that in a car with more downforce and power. What's going on? It's not like the track is suddenly so much slower, because GP2 is slightly faster than in 2014, so the only thing that can be blamed on is Pirelli :/ It's seems these tyres offer zero grip in hot conditions.

Mercedes still a good margin ahead on longer runs on either compound

Rosberg is much faster than Lewis which indicates either different programs/setups in FP2 or that Mercedes (ROS) is running lighter.

Also, it could be that Ferrari is still testing its new parts.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Lap times are pathetic. Last year Ham did 1:25.5 in FP2 and today he was 1.5s slower than that in a car with more downforce and power. What's going on? It's not like the track is suddenly so much slower, because GP2 is slightly faster than in 2014, so the only thing that can be blamed on is Pirelli :/ It's seems these tyres offer zero grip in hot conditions.

Track temp hovered around 50 degrees Celsius on FP2 and all cars were struggling with those conditions - no grip at all.

Mastah

But that is no excuse - last year at the start of FP2 track temp was 44 degrees. It's just that these 2015 Pirelli tyres are awful in such conditions. It was the same story in hot sessions in Bahrain and during weekend at Sepang.

Aiii

So not worth it
Race fastest lap last year was a 1:28.9, so I don't think it's as drastic a change compared to last year as you're making it out to be.

Mastah

Let's not compare apples and oranges, shall we?

During the same session in pretty much the same conditions, only 12 months apart, with everyone saying pre-season how much faster new cars are than their predecessors, they in fact slowed by over 1 second. It would be just interesting to know why that is.

Mastah

Romain Grosjean ‏@RGrosjean 22m22 minutes ago

Great @GPDA_ meeting today! At the #MonacoGP we will announce big plans on how to properly connect with you, the fans #RacingUnited #r8main

Top Bottom