• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

Shaneus

So Toro Rosso do this dumb challenge thing series where they have Max and Carlos face off in random wacky challenges. The latest one is actually kind of cool, they have them visualize a lap around Barcelona and the winner is the person who gets the closest time to their actual fastest time during winter testing:

https://www.facebook.com/tororosso/videos/987110861313873/?fref=nf
Sainz actually should've been more accurate, because even though he was 2.5s slower, he was accounting for his engine blowing up on the main straight.

Risgroo

Hmm, this could look pretty nice on track...
0668017.jpg

Hammer24

Banned
But like half the grid lives in Monaco to avoid taxes too.

I wouldn´t blame him for that either. Like my tax lawyer always says: "There is not a single line in any tax code that makes it necessary for you to optimize your income in a way to pay the most taxes possible!"

Mastah

No wonder Lewis wants to squeeze as much money as possible from his new Mercedes contract, he can't even afford new jeans now :(

CEa_TelWgAAjmVa.jpg:orig

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Aggressive package for Ferrari... Will they finally close the gap to Mercedes?

Probably, because Mercedes is unable to develop the car anymore

there are pics of new parts on Mercedes car on twitter - mostly marginal small parts like additional winglets, different under nose splitter. But this is quite normal practice from Mercedes, they rarely parade their car around the paddock with new parts on before FP1 starts.

Plus there is another thing with so many new parts - will all work with desired effect? It is quite easy to turn your car into tyre eating monster in these days.

Probably, because Mercedes is unable to develop the car anymore

there are pics of new parts on Mercedes car on twitter - mostly marginal small parts like additional winglets, different under nose splitter. But this is quite normal practice from Mercedes, they rarely parade their car around the paddock with new parts on before FP1 starts.

I guess we will see tomorrow morning. I guess I understand why the team has been downplaying the Barcelona upgrades...

EDIT:
Aaaannnd Lewis confirms that there are very few upgrades (Reuters)
Mercedes now saying that Ferrari runs with more horsepower in the race than them (on AMuS, I think). On F1 Technical, one poster is saying that it is due to Ferrari's more efficient cooling and battery materials. Mercedes is hoping to get a boost in Canada.

Tubie

Now we will know if Ferrari has really changed their ways.

In recent years they started the season strong, but always fell behind others in development of the car as the season went on.

Pimpwerx

I'm hoping for another pole and win for Lewis this weekend. Looking forward to seeing the new Mac livery in motion too. This race is almost certain to be a procession. I expect teams to finish paired up for the most part. We're going to get a good idea of the gap between teams on this track. PEACE.

Jibbed

Raikkonen will hang on for another season, and Bottas will take his place in 2017. Lewis is getting a bit more bold with his Ferrari comments, too. I wouldn't be surprised to see him finish his career there.

Prediction for this weekend...

Qualifying:
HAM
RAI
VET
ROS
BOT

Race:
HAM
RAI
ROS
VET
BOT

Who am I kidding? Something will go wrong and Kimi will have to fight from the back again.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Lewis said that they went with quality over quantity with their upgrades. They still have a lot downforce from their package and Barcelona is quite demanding about that.

And tyre compounds: Hard and medium.

Mastah

Andrew Benson ‏@andrewbensonf1 7m7 minutes ago

#BBCF1's @TomClarksonF1 reports that @JensonButton's car is up on jacks with a hybrid system problem

Yeah, fucking hell, Honda :/

F1 Fanatic Live ‏@f1fanaticlive 3m3 minutes ago

"I have no front end in the car," reports Raikkonen. He's told to pit for a practice start.

What a surprise :D

Aiii

So not worth it
Toro Rosso seem to be on pace today, maybe all this "Renault fixed their shit" news wasn't bullshit after all.

Mastah

McLaren 2 seconds slower than Toro Rosso, Alonso spinning and running wide, Button complaining about awful balance. Great start :/

Dilly

Banned
McLaren is fucking shit, and they're going to be shit for the rest of this season and the next.

But I'm sure they're going to give it another positive spin.

Hammer24

Banned
McLaren is fucking shit, and they're going to be shit for the rest of this season and the next.

But I'm sure they're going to give it another positive spin.

Its still the beginning of their first year together. If they are still in this state at the end of next season, thens the time to throw them under the bus.
People simply need to keep their expectations in check ;-)

Top Bottom