• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

spuckthew

Hamilton only needs one more pole to secure that pole trophy. Pretty unlikely he won't manage it with the number of races remaining. He's beasting Q3 this year, and generally making it count.

Hamilton only needs one more pole to secure that pole trophy. Pretty unlikely he won't manage it with the number of races remaining. He's beasting Q3 this year, and generally making it count.

Crazy - it's the third time in 10 qualifying sessions that the gap between them is over half-a-second. Lewis has not just been beasting Q3, he's been demolishing it.

6/9 times he's beaten Rosberg have been by over 0.3s.

Aiii

So not worth it
If you ever wanted to see the very definition of salty. Check out Nico in the post qualifying top 3 presser. Wow.

A driver that gets upset at finishing second should be held in the highest regard, unless it's a midfielder suddenly qualifying in second, a driver shouldn't be happy to come in second best. Good on Nico.

ramparter

Banned
Heavy rain a moment ago in Budapest, even some heil. Forced us to go inside (we were having some cocktails while complaining about the humid hot weather :p)

Great day at the track. Walked around the entire thing, have never been to another track which has as good views as this one for general admission. Incredibly hot though, everyone was melting.

Alonso got a big cheer for pushing his car, though many of the stands were very empty for qualifying. I hope there's a better showing tomorrow.

Budapest is amazing btw. Will definitely be coming back. Food and drink are ridiculously cheap, and the women... oh god the women.

If you're looking for anywhere to eat in Budapest btw I highly recommend Hungarikum Bistro and Borsso Bistro

Going to try one of these tomorrow. Went to a place called Menza yesterday which a local recommended, was very good. Trying the best rated Gyros place today. :)

Heavy rain a moment ago in Budapest, even some heil. Forced us to go inside (we were having some cocktails while complaining about the humid hot weather :p)

Yeah, the hail hit hard. I was in a taxi coming back from the track at the time (shame on you for leaving before the end of the GP3 race!).

Boullier-watch continues:

http://www.mclaren.com/formula1/201...ngarian-grand-prix-fp3-and-qualifying-report/
ERIC BOULLIER - Racing director, McLaren-Honda

"Here in blistering Budapest, as we approach the midsummer shutdown, we’d been hoping to be able to leaven our first-half-of-the-season melancholy with some discernible improvement.

"The fact is, we have improved, but I guess the key word is ‘discernible’, because a series of glitches and gremlins continues to conspire to prevent that improvement from translating into the ameliorated grid positions and race performances that we feel are within our compass.

"Today, in Q2, Fernando suffered an electrical shutdown triggered by a loose harness connection, shortly after Jenson’s fastest Q1 lap had been stymied by a steering switch software data issue.

"Nonetheless, tomorrow is another day – and, despite the fact that the Hungaroring is a notoriously inexpedient circuit on which to overtake, both Fernando and Jenson will be doing their level best to do just that, and thereby move forward through the field."

kharma45

Budapest is amazing btw. Will definitely be coming back. Food and drink are ridiculously cheap, and the women... oh god the women.

Yeah it's a fantastic city. I'd love to return. It's got some really interesting things to see like the hospital in the rock, their parliament, heroes square and he house of terror (former SS and Communist secret police headquarters) to name but a few. Fantastic views of the city too from fishermans bastion.

Going to try one of these tomorrow. Went to a place called Menza yesterday which a local recommended, was very good. Trying the best rated Gyros place today

I liked Hungarikum Bistro best whereas my girlfriend liked Borsso best. Wasn't much between the two, but the starter I had in Hungarikum was great and sways it for me. It was the one called a touch of Hungary and had a lot of different samples to pick from.

Hilarious, vendors at the track wearing jackets and fleece blankets. You wouldn't believe how different the temperature is compared to the last two days. No cooling tents today either.

I'd go as far as to say its cold.

Edit - Unrelated, there's a banner at the front of our stand that says "This is Sparta". Odd.

McHonda down on power by 120bhp.

EB:

“After the summer break we will use some of our tokens to improve the engine. And I certainly hope it will be noticeable on the track.

“We still lack 120hp compared to Mercedes. So we need to continue to work under high pressure. It’s very important to remove these weaknesses, also with regards to the 2016 season,” he added.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Ferrari is having huge issues with engine overheating, so they also had to tuned their engine down to pre-Canada levels. They hope that they will fix those issues with their 4th engine.

Honda can't take a break:

http://www.motorsport.com/bike/news/stoner-in-violent-suzuka-8-hours-crash-after-throttle-jams-video

Jammed throttle.

Alonso isn't happy: Disenchanted Alonso 'tempted' by other racing series

"I love motorsport, all the categories, and it is true that F1 is not exactly the same, or as exciting as it was in the past – at least to me, to drive the cars two or three seconds faster than a GP2 car," said Alonso on Saturday in Hungary.

"Right now, there is huge motivation and a fantastic project that I am in right now with McLaren-Honda. My first go-kart was a McLaren-Honda replica and I am in a real McLaren-Honda, so I am enjoying this process of getting competitive starting from zero.

"But with no testing, with these tyres, with these limitations, with the calendar for example next year, there is the temptation [for doing] other categories, that is true."

Hands are tied

Alonso said the current testing restrictions make the season very predictable, as teams find it impossible to recover from a difficult pre-season.

"It was more fun before, but I don't think it is because we have more sensors or more information," he added. "Before we had some freedom in terms of testing and in terms of improving the car as well.

"You find your car that is not competitive in the first quarter of the season and then you have some solutions and maybe you end up in a competitive way.

"Now Mercedes will win all the races and Manor will be last in all the races, with more or less sensors or more or less input of driver or team.

"It is not the amount of information we get.

"We have the hands tied for the season so when we put the car in Barcelona or Jerez for the first test it is a coin in the air and if it is competitive you will have a good season and if it is not competitive you will have a bad season."

Zeknurn

THANK YOU BERNIE FOR THE LAST 30 YEARS - HUNGARORING

Whiting has decided to allow the teams to make changes to brake ducts and its cooling because of the massive temperature drop from yesterday.

Ferrari is having huge issues with engine overheating, so they also had to tuned their engine down to pre-Canada levels. They hope that they will fix those issues with their 4th engine.

So Vettel's win was a fluke. There's no chance to be a threat for Mercedes again this season.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
So Vettel's win was a fluke. There's no chance to be a threat for Mercedes again this season.

More or less, Mercedes gave that victory to Ferrari with their pit wall blunder. And after Ferrari made that 'awesome' Barcelona 'upgrade', Mercedes has nothing to fear, only mechanical issues can prevent them from winning every race until the end of the season.

dalin80

Banned
More or less, Mercedes gave that victory to Ferrari with their pit wall blunder. And after Ferrari made that 'awesome' Barcelona 'upgrade', Mercedes has nothing to fear, only mechanical issues can prevent them from winning every race until the end of the season.

It was odd listening too all the normal talking heads going on about the Ferrari resurgence and how they have closed the gap etc. when it was so painfully obvious that Merc had made a muck of it on that day. But I suppose the journos and the like have to drum up excitement even when it's entirely fabricated.

Brundle is becoming one of the worse for it, slow driver inherits a good position thanks to reliability or team mistake and it's out with the gushing praise with no real founding in reality.

chadskin

There's rain 25 km to the north but it's expected to not hit the track. Race will be dry.

tumblr_inline_mnmjxcoYNs1qz4rgp.gif

Top Bottom