• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

John_B

Good thing nothing serious happened with that GP2 crash.

Vandoorne is looking a step above the rest in that category. Will McLaren promote him to F1 over Magnussen if Button retires next season? Magnussen did not exactly impress in his first season, but he has more than a full season of driving and has been a close part of the team this season.

Aiii

So not worth it
Aside from being a tremendous talent, Stoffel outgrew that division last year already, by all rights he should have been in F1 this season.

Fox Mulder

... and in the third sector (another power sector).

Not sure Mercedes would take them back. Wondering who's got the tightest contract? McLaren or Honda? Surely, McLaren would have built in some out clauses if Honda's engine was sub-par. Not sure that they would kick in after 1 season, though.

Also, McLaren would have to replace the $100m+ funding from Honda... not that easy considering they are still without major sponsorships...

A shame the engine rules are so fucking stupid. Stunts development despite spending a ton of money and probably turns outside manufacturers off.

Mercedes nailed it and gets to drive off every race until new rules come in.

Honda will turn it around next season, they currently have more power than Renault and will be around Ferrari when the last upgrades are added to mkIII in Monza (combining the ICE & full energy store), but due to a poor MGU-H it all goes tits up.

In mkIV I Believe!

Aiii

So not worth it
Honda will turn it around next season, they currently have more power than Renault and will be around Ferrari when the last upgrades are added to mkIII in Monza (combining the ICE & full energy store), but due to a poor MGU-H it all goes tits up.

In mkIV I Believe!

All Renault's, one with a technical issue, are ahead of them today.

They are barely ahead of a 2014 engine in a car that's essentially held together with duct tape, so to say.

I wouldn't hold my breathe for a huge turnaround for next year. Hopefully they can reak into the midfield. Around midseason. Maybe.

In mkIV I Believe!

What's all that power good for if they can't use it? If Honda has indeed exceeded Renault in (peak?) power, then why aren't McLaren better ranked? Does that mean that the McLaren chassis is still as shit as last year?

Jezbollah

What's all that power good for if they can't use it? If Honda has indeed exceeded Renault in (peak?) power, then why aren't McLaren better ranked? Does that mean that the McLaren chassis is still as shit as last year?

Power is nothing without control.

Risgroo

b63Aw0s.png

9GHahx7.gif

DrM

Redmond's Baby
RBR with Mercedes or Aston Martin labeled engines would be a direct competitor to Mercedes factory team.

Xun

Me and my family are about to drive through to the circuit now.

Will probably be a nightmare getting in.

Weather is great :) sitting in the centre of Rivage :)
Yeah, it's been pretty decent so far.

I don't expect it to last though.

You will know when you are in Belgium the moment you start hitting potholes.
Had a small bump on the way, but nothing too crazy yet!

Mohonky

So the talk was;

McLaren big improvement with Honda power unit - is actually slower than ever.
Ferrari and Williams gaining big on Mercedes - Mercedes just pissing about so no one else feels bad.
Redbull big improvement - well they made Q3 I suppose
Bottas / Hulk to Ferrari - nah, keeping Kimi to non-chalantly mumble his way around the track for another year
Redbull tries to escape Renault - Renault says lol no, we're beat friends......forever.

Meanwhile, we got more shots of the cute blondie from the Williams garage.

itsgreen

A bit cold in the shadow at the moment. Am at Les Combes and GP3 is doing installation lap...

De Jong had to had surgery btw. Broken vertibrae.

Me and my family are about to drive through to the circuit now.

Will probably be a nightmare getting in.

Spa was fine to get to, I wouldn't bother with the official parking next time though, there was a brilliant campsite to park in about 200 meters from the track.

jey_16

Banned
I'm probably wrong on this but why would Mercedes give the best engine on the grid to Red Bull? this isn't Williams here....RBR with a Mercedes power plant would be a genuine threat to their domination

phoony17

I'm probably wrong on this but why would Mercedes give the best engine on the grid to Red Bull? this isn't Williams here....RBR with a Mercedes power plant would be a genuine threat to their domination

Toto mentioned to Ted yesterday that having a strong team like Redbull using their engines would help in providing good feedback for further development and keep them ahead of Ferrari.

Top Bottom