• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
I hope Honda will have a better 2016 season. Their situation is really not helping in convincing other manufacturers to join F1. I don't want to end up with a series that only has Mercedes and Ferrari engines.

Aiii

So not worth it
I hope Honda will have a better 2016 season. Their situation is really not helping in convincing other manufacturers to join F1. I don't want to end up with a series that only has Mercedes and Ferrari engines.

A single engine manufacturer would be amazing for competition really. Cost would go down, stupid rules to force equality would no longer be needed, a several year long dominance by one team would be less likely, and much more.

I know why it isn't happening, but for the watchability of the sport, it would be a good thing.

Dilly

Banned
A single engine manufacturer would be amazing for competition really. Cost would go down, stupid rules to force equality would no longer be needed, a several year long dominance by one team would be less likely, and much more.

I know why it isn't happening, but for the watchability of the sport, it would be a good thing.

Only if it's an independent engine manufacturer, not one also making a chassis.

Lach

BBC segments made me like Max and Daniil (especially Daniil) a lot more. Might be that I've started tackling Tolstoy this week :)

duckroll

Lol Honda. Qualifying looks pretty boring so far. What was that news earlier about Red Bull trying to dump Renault? Is there a good translation?

1.48.9 on a set of mediums...Mercedes just trolling the other teams. McHonda just in front of the Manors, Ron Dennis must be like this at the back of the motorhome:
mr-lahey-is-a-fucking-drunk-o.gif

Tubie

Can't McLaren build their own PU? I'm sure they would do a much better job than Honda has so far.

It's that or going back to Mercedes. I don't see Honda turning this around, they will basically have to start over from 0 and build a new engine for next season.

That's actually a very tight field if you ignore the fact that Mercedes is trolling. I say that for anything where everyone advancing from Q1 is within 1 second, but especially so on the longest track of the year.

Oh, and fuck Honda. But that's not new. The car can't be entirely awful given what Alonso pulled off in Hungary and they managed to score points in Monaco but the engine is, just, no.

Honda 1 second slower in first sector than Ferrari and Mercedes. Matching their power very well.

... and in the third sector (another power sector).

Not sure Mercedes would take them back. Wondering who's got the tightest contract? McLaren or Honda? Surely, McLaren would have built in some out clauses if Honda's engine was sub-par. Not sure that they would kick in after 1 season, though.

Also, McLaren would have to replace the $100m+ funding from Honda... not that easy considering they are still without major sponsorships...

RoKKeR

Just checked the times. Fucking lol at Honda. Wasn't this supposed to be the race that they turn it all around.

Also I would love to see a Force India in the 3 spot.

ramparter

Banned
Can't McLaren build their own PU? I'm sure they would do a much better job than Honda has so far.

It's that or going back to Mercedes. I don't see Honda turning this around, they will basically have to start over from 0 and build a new engine for next season.
No they wouldn't, enough with the hyperbole. It's their first year. And it's also the stupid rules.

Top Bottom