• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

Obviously the brand used wouldn't be Porsche given that they just entered the WEC, it makes a great deal of sense to move their Audi efforts into F1 given how they've dominated the Le Mans series for well over a decade.

I don't understand the CVC cynicism, they already gave Lotus historical status when the team changed hands before. It's a formality if anything else.

It indeed makes sense for Audi to enter F1 with a championship winning team, just like they did with Joest Racing and Le Mans. However does Audi want to get into the mess (regulations/politics) of F1? It doesn't fit their MO.

And the bonus is (or was, according to rumors) the sticking point for Renault.

Fact is, too many rumors going about Red Bull. It seems to me it's just to put pressure on Ferrari.

Ark

It indeed makes sense for Audi to enter F1 with a championship winning team, just like they did with Joest Racing and Le Mans. However does Audi want to get into the mess (regulations/politics) of F1? It doesn't fit their MO.

And the bonus is (or was, according to rumors) the sticking point for Renault.

Fact is, too many rumors going about Red Bull. It seems to me it's just to put pressure on Ferrari.

Exactly the same could've been said for Mercedes.

Aiii

So not worth it
The cars look so good on this track.

Yeah, I think out of all the tracks added over the last 15 or so years, this one is hands down my favorite. It's a fun track, it looks amazing, both on-track and the surrounding area. All in all it's just amazing.

gqcgzHL.gif

Not sure why they've never altered the track through the turn 18/19 area. I doubt there's been a single year where there haven't been multiple wrecks there, and in the race it's an automatic safety car. Assuming that there's minimal room to change the track, but it's still a pretty brutal flaw.

Exactly the same could've been said for Mercedes.

Well 1) Mercedes had been in F1 for 15 years before going full in as a works team and 2) they hedged their bets making Wolf and Lauda shareholders, so in case it didn't work they could offload the team more quickly.

Not really comparable IMO to Audi.

Ark

Well 1) Mercedes had been in F1 for 15 years before going full in as a works team and 2) they hedged their bets making Wolf and Lauda shareholders, so in case it didn't work they could offload the team more quickly.

Not really comparable IMO to Audi.

I disagree entirely, but we'll find out soon.

Top Bottom