• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

Ark

Even I despise the current Red bull, but this is wrong. They thanked renault several times for wins. They even had Renault Mechanics on the Podium.

Yup. Red Bull were always quick to mention & thank Renault during their successful years together. It was a very healthy partnership. Unfortunately, Red Bull just doesn't have the patience to wait for Renault to get up to scratch and now they're having to deal with that.

Zeknurn

Here's your Tobias Grüner update of the day.
@tgruener:
#F1 As reported already this morning, Ferrari threatened to veto the proposed cost cap on engines. AMuS (in German): http://t.co/i4GW4QpWev
Red Bull made clear they will not accept B-spec engines. They leave F1, if they can't get competitive engines. AMuS: http://t.co/YE2FsY7s3B
FIA & Pirelli agreed on tyre pressure checks. Teams allowed to adjust pressure on grid if found to be below limits. http://t.co/dTjfDxRdCu
There was no voting on the ban of windtunnel testing in the strategy group meeting. So there is no majority in favour. #F1 #AMuS
Mateschitz met with people from Audi last week. Red Bull has ongoing F1 talks with Audi already since 5 years. AMuS: http://t.co/YE2FsY7s3B

Mastah

Porsche Motorsport ‏@PorscheRaces 1h1 hour ago

JPM says he loves Porsche and he loves endurance racing, especially fascinated by Le Mans. Talks are taking place about a possible test.

Nice.

Mark Hughes ‏@SportmphMark 4m4 minutes ago

Grosjean to Haas, Perez to Renault and di Resta to make a Force India return? Could happen... #SkyF1

Aiii

So not worth it
Yup. Red Bull were always quick to mention & thank Renault during their successful years together. It was a very healthy partnership. Unfortunately, Red Bull just doesn't have the patience to wait for Renault to get up to scratch and now they're having to deal with that.

Renault have spend 0 tokens to catch up, patience is all fine and well, but they wasted 100 of millions of dollars on their cars this year, have a bunch of pissed off sponsors that aren't paying midfield prices for a place on that car and will lose out on more money for next year due to their lower position in the standings.

I can't blame Red Bull in the slightest for falling out of love with the Frenchmen.

Ark

Renault have spend 0 tokens to catch up, patience is all fine and well, but they wasted 100 of millions of dollars on their cars this year, have a bunch of pissed off sponsors that aren't paying midfield prices for a place on that car and will lose out on more money for next year due to their lower position in the standings.

I can't blame Red Bull in the slightest for falling out of love with the Frenchmen.

They haven't spent any tokens because they've been focusing on the reliability and driveability of the engine - something they announced before the European leg of the season.

The way Red Bull have treated Renault has been totally unprofessional.

Aiii

So not worth it
They haven't spent any tokens because they've been focusing on the reliability and driveability of the engine - something they announced before the European leg of the season.

The way Red Bull have treated Renault has been totally unprofessional.

Oh, I see, well that's good then since Verstappen is on his 8th engine, Both RB driver on their 7th and Sainz had a bit of luck at the start of the season and is only on number 6. Great job they're doing.

Turrini says Alonso has a performance clause in his contract and Briatore is trying to get him in a Red Bull next season.

Mystic Eddie says VW are close to buying Red Bull Racing.

If VW/Audi got into F1 we would have a show on our hands.

Then BMW would be all like heh can't let the other Germans have all the fun.

Finally Ford would be involved after a successful 2 years of the Haas GP team. Supplying an American team, American engines.

Who am I kidding.

Ark

Oh, I see, well that's good then since Verstappen is on his 8th engine, Both RB driver on their 7th and Sainz had a bit of luck at the start of the season and is only on number 6. Great job they're doing.

I was addressing your point about Renault having not used any tokens. But by all means, go ahead and shit-talk everything in the sport. The rest of the thread has been all year.

What happens to Toro Rosso if VW buys Red Bull? I love that team, and the RB junior programme has been great for the sport...

Haven't Red Bull been trying to find a buyer Toro Rosso for like...over five years?

Aiii

So not worth it
I was addressing your point about Renault having not used any tokens. But by all means, go ahead and shit-talk everything in the sport. The rest of the thread has been all year.

I'm sayin the Renault is shit and saying their excuse at the first few races doesn't quite hold up eleven races later (not to mention that increasing reliability and using engine development tokens aren't even mutually exclusive), but that's fine. I guess my opinion on RB being right in not being happy that their business partner is not upholding their part of the business is reason enough to blame me for the entire thread's supposed hive mind opinion.

Ark

I'm sayin the Renault is shit and saying their excuse at the first few races doesn't quite hold up eleven races later (not to mention that increasing reliability and using engine development tokens aren't even mutually exclusive), but that's fine. I guess my opinion on RB being right in not being happy that their business partner is not upholding their part of the business is reason enough to blame me for the entire thread's supposed hive mind opinion.

Man, your springboard for jumping to conclusions is a lot higher quality than mine. I should get one of those ;) Really though, let's both stop being sarcastic fucks and start focusing on the important issue at hand.

The likelihood of Audi being in F1 is higher than ever!

Massa

RBR has every right to be upset at Renault. They're still their partner though, be mad in private not public.

dubc35

If VW/Audi got into F1 we would have a show on our hands.

Then BMW would be all like heh can't let the other Germans have all the fun.

Finally Ford would be involved after a successful 2 years of the Haas GP team. Supplying an American team, American engines.

Who am I kidding.

I'm now certain to be disappointed with anything less than this.

Driving the Lotus 2015 F1 car in Forza 6 with no TC makes you appreciate the amazing throttle control these drivers have because the torque to weight ratio on these turbo hybrid cars is nuts. So, so easy to overheat the tyres being too hard on the throttle.

stryke

Audi-Redbull starting to sound more legit

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/audi-swerves-fresh-red-bull-f1-link-at-cota/

Speaking at the Austin World Endurance Championship event, Ullrich paused for effect before responding to the latest bout of rumours emerging from Singapore, following Red Bull owner Dietrich Mateschitz’s latest comments.

When pressed on the subject, Ullrich replied: “No details or comments,” before adding: “Red Bull is a strong team.”

dalin80

Banned
So VAG have repeatedly denied being interested in F1, have expressed nothing but contempt at the poison dwarf being in charge, currently invest massively in other forms of motorsport where they are successful, have just seen Honda fail partly due to stupid rules, have seen a drop in popularity for the sport, are already looking at budget cuts and may be facing an immense EPA fine... /breathes

And on top of all that people still think they would be interested in racing in a league that exists purely to pad Bernies wallet and doesn't even race in their own country anymore. Right.

So VAG have repeatedly denied being interested in F1, have expressed nothing but contempt at the poison dwarf being in charge, currently invest massively in other forms of motorsport where they are successful, have just seen Honda fail partly due to stupid rules, have seen a drop in popularity for the sport, are already looking at budget cuts and may be facing an immense EPA fine... /breathes

And on top of all that people still think they would be interested in racing in a league that exists purely to pad Bernies wallet and doesn't even race in their own country anymore. Right.

I'm not convinced either. Red Bull wants a competitive engine for 2016 and VW can't just pull one out of their ass.

Ark

Ferdinand Piech was the guy that despised Bernie, and he was ousted in ~April.

Zeknurn

Ferrari looks good.

Lol, don't want to help Red Bull but help Renault instead after the split. That would give Mateschitz a stroke.

Have no doubt that they only want to help Renault enough to keep them in the sport because it makes Mercedes look better when they completely floor multiple power units.

Top Bottom