• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

Now for something different:
CQ9EPm4W8AAW2DK.jpg:large

No gif of him giving Eddie some flowers and kissing him in the BBC interview? lol

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Manor twitter team is slowly taking the crown from Lotus. Maybe they even employed some guys from former Lotus social media crew.

Williams had a event sponsored by Martini yesterday evening and mr. Eccelstone came along for free Martini (or ten). Looks like he gave some candy to Felipe, just look how happy he is :)

Mastah

Mattzel89 ‏@Mattzel89

Back to #F1 for a sec, noticed that the onboard of Sainz's crash was in "real" HD (unlike the other Onboards!)

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/146253

I thought this strange noise even before Sainz clipped wall and then before he went into barriers was unusual, but testing new camera would explain it.

And just for info, last time they were upping quality happened in the middle of 2009. After testing it on single car in 2008 and the first half of 2009, in the second half few cars featured cameras we have today and almost full switch was done for 2010.

Zeknurn

Esteban Ocon, the definition of forever second. Nine consecutive second places, lol.

That overtake on the penultimate lap though. I'd like to see him in the Renault Lotus.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/faster-2017-f1-rules-tweaked-to-deliver-leap/

Formula 1's plans to deliver cars in 2017 that are around five seconds per lap faster than now are on course, Motorsport.com has learned, following tweaks agreed with teams.

That left teams working on an idea based around a more aggressive proposal from Red Bull, which has now been refined following the most recent Technical Regulations Working Group after the Japanese Grand Prix.

This will involve an 1850mm wide front wing - which is 200mm wider than the version currently used – and a rear wing that is 950mm wide and 800mm high.

The diffuser design will also be similar to how F1 cars were back in 2010, which should allow improved performance from the floor.

One change that has been approved is for the tyres to be slightly narrower than first proposed, because of concerns that the higher drag produced by the original concept offsetting all aerodynamic gains.

So the idea now is for the tyres to be 300mm wide at the front and 400mm wide at the rear. Current tyres are 245mm wide at the front and 325mm wider at the rear.

Mastah

I think that he will be awesome second driver in the future

Let's leave such status for experts like Rosberg, Massa or Raikkonen :D

That overtake on the penultimate lap though. I'd like to see him in the Renault Lotus.

I just hope his talent won't be wasted in DTM, where it seems he's heading to :/ As long as he is at least in F1 testing role with some mileage to drive, he will shine through.

Also, Ferrari have one and only chance to lock down proper talent in Luca Ghiotto. Beating and competing with Ocon is no easy feat, so if they are serious about Ferrari Driver Academy and if they want "their" Italian driver in F1, he's the best prospect out there.

Ark

Holy crap. Mercedes has 1300 people in the team? I knew it was a big team, but I never realised quite how large they were.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Holy crap. Mercedes has 1300 people in the team? I knew it was a big team, but I never realised quite how large they were.

I think this is combined number with their engine development team. In main team they have around 750 employees

Who the fuck are those clowns on RTL?
not like RTL coverage is good or anything.

RTL is more like watching commercials with race breaks

DrM

Redmond's Baby
can i watch sky or bbc legally from germany?

Dunno, maybe with satellite receiver? I will have the same issue next year, our national TV will not air 2016 season, because they will spend too much on Olympic games coverage and ORF is also pulling a plug (still undecided, but leaning into that way).

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Tarmac on this track is simply not too abrasive enough. Maybe it would be a better to put this race in the summer, when weather is hot and we would see 2-3 stopper race, but then Sochi is already full of tourists.

chadskin

And on RTL, Bernie said Red Bull will get an engine for next year and they'll definitely be on the grid in Melbourne.

Now the question is which engine. :p

Top Bottom