• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Season |OT| Formula E Feeder Series

DBT85

Nearly 6/10 between HAM and ROS and nearly 1.4 secs between HAM and MAS.

Crazy.

EDIT: holy shit Nico looks bownbeat lol.

I hope this pole from Lewis is a sign that he's got on top of whatever it was (braking issues?) that was hampering him last year in quali.

stryke

Why is it when Ric graduates to Red Bull, then they decide to go to shit...

They shouldn't be tussling with Torro Rosso.

Pimpwerx

Great lap by Lewis. Holy shit @ that advantage. I mused that Merc could conceivably extend their advantage due to Red Bull falling off and Ferrari having to come from a long way back. I didn't expect them to be 1.4s up on the next best team. The race pace should be a second or more per lap. Just insane. PEACE.

"I regret everything"

7hg9Qbi.png

yami4ct

Great fight for second place in the Constructors, closer fight between Rosberg and Hamilton and McLaren Honda's (seeming) implosion. Shaping up to be a fun season. Might even be able to make up for the inevitable Merc dominance.

Again, let it go. It's not worth it.

Eh, I ain't even that bothered. It's all cool.

Lach

Yeah they all did well considering the cars they're driving.

I think Nasr would have been in Q3, if they hadn't missed P1. I hope for the team they can sort things out with VDG until Malaysia. They got back up from an abissimal last year, a lot of which probably is thanks to the ferrari engine.
Peter Sauber is in Melbourne so i hope he lets some heads roll....

Mohonky

Hamilton - my favourite bolting straight out the gates. Awesome drive

Massa - my likable under dog. Good to see him do well.

Ricciardo - keep scrapping, always opportunities.

Ferrari - much better than last year, poor Alonso.

Mclaren - we knew it was bad, but that thing is a real piece of shit and Button can not drive anything that isnt perfectly neutral, he is going to have a dismal year. As will Alonso banging his head against a wall.

Draconian

I can't even feign interest in watching these post qualifying press conferences anymore. When it's the same 4 or 5 guys every single time, it gets a little old.

Rosberg looked incredibly pissed off. Jesus.

And why is Herbert on the Skypad? He's awful. Was Davidson not available or something?

tHoMNZ

pretty sure the mclaren's main issue is simply the power unit and reliability.. they were maxing out at 300kph.. some 20 kph off the top. Honda are running some eco mode just to keep the engine from failing. Once they turn up the wick, things will improve.

Juicy Bob

pretty sure the mclaren's main issue is simply the power unit and reliability.. they were maxing out at 300kph.. some 20 kph off the top. Honda are running some eco mode just to keep the engine from failing. Once they turn up the wick, things will improve.
Sure. But they are four seconds a lap down to Mercedes on ultimate pace. How much can they gain back on engine power alone? Two to three seconds? I can't see that...

Humidex

Ah the OT has appeared, noice!

LH on pole? I can live with that.

What I can't live with are the new on-screen graphics...

Zeknurn

I think it's safe to say that the dark ages of Ferrari are over. German Jesus have blessed us with his presence and Raikkonen is back to where he belongs

That gap between Mercedes and rest of the pack is insane though. Has there even been a more dominant team in F1?
Well if Bottas is slow for this qualifying section then hopefully we'll get a repeat of him tearing through the pack in the race like he did last year.

Bottas' Mario Kart starts were some of my favorite moments from last season.

Hear hear. I'd be okay if Bottas was forced to start 10th every race.

This is absolutely terrible. I really enjoyed going last year and now I don't know what to do. Terrible season continues.

Four seconds between McLaren and Mercedes, wow. They went from the best engine to the worst. Maybe they can get some spare engines from Renault.

I think it's safe to say that the dark ages of Ferrari are over. German Jesus have blessed us with his presence and Raikkonen is back to where he belongs

I know you're joking, but lets remember that McLaren finished 2nd and 3rd at this point last year and they seemed very promising. Ferrari was 4th as well.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
What I can't live with are the new on-screen graphics...
Yeah, that green numbers when driver post best lap are really bad. Otherwise I like it, I watched it in my room with aerial HD receiver and it was nice in 720p :p

Shaneus

According to my phone, I've walked 28km over the last three days. I think I've covered more ground than the Honda engines have this week.

Shaneus

brotkasten said:
I know you're joking, but lets remember that McLaren finished 2nd and 3rd at this point last year and they seemed very promising. Ferrari was 4th as well.
Guess there's hope for Danny yet! Just a shame it seems RBR have this habit of shitting the bed at the start of each season.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
I really wonder why Ferrari used softs in Q1. Maybe due to the fact that track temp went down quite a bit before Q1?

Mastah

All we can hear from Minardi-Honda is waiting for things to improve, but there is no improvement at all, even during the weekend. Gains made by teams on soft tyre from FP2/3 to qual:

Mercedes - 1.4s
Williams - 1.2s
Ferrari - 0.7s
Red Bull - 1.7s
Toro Rosso - 1.4s
Lotus - 0.9s
Sauber - 1.1s
Force India - 1.3s

Meanwhile Minardi-Honda was 0.035 slower in qual than in FP2. How on earth is that even possible? Did they actually decrease power throughout weekend or what? Absolutely pathetic and embarassing performance by them and good luck to those believing in bullshit they spit out about improvements.

Despite their drivers, I'm quite happy and amazed that Lotus bounced back. I definitely didn't expect them to finish in the top 10, after last season. And clearly not with their loss of talent over the last two seasons. I'm really happy for them.

That interview with Ron Dennis... ouch, he was pretty much at a loss for words.

Yeah, he was just standing there and scrambling for words, mumbling something and trying not to throw Honda under the bus, Red Bull style.

He also looked a bit like he feared for his life or made a huge mistake, I dunno.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Felt sorry for him but that's the risk they took. This "we're a year behind" excuse isn't going to work for long.

That was the biggest mistake that Honda made, they should be on the grid last year with one of the backmarker teams and they would gather data and experience how engine perform in real life conditions.

Top Bottom