• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crumpet Trumpet said:
This classic was number 1 when I was born.

a3oAz.gif
Oh. Oh no. Oh nononononono.

I'm so sorry, bud. The only good thing about that song was its sample.

...I'm stealing that gif by the way, thankyouverymuch.

Also, hooray for
Cosmic Bus said:
7. Robin S, "Show Me Love"
2. Robyn, "With Every Heartbeat"
6. Mariah Carey, "Always Be My Baby"
Crumpet Trumpet said:
5. M.I.A.- Bamboo Banga
9. Florence + the Machine- Cosmic Love

Koodo

Banned
Oh shi-

I forgot about one of my other fave Madonna songs, Human Nature. Definitely a Top 10. It's so flawless, your
non-Gaga
fave could never be this HBIC.

While I was searching through my crap last night I found this (click the pic for a YouTube link):

True story: while in high school, we organized a dance party in someone's garage while their parents were out just so we could play this over and over. No, we didn't get sick of it and yes, middle-class white people are weird.

Koodo

Banned
Leona Lewis says "sexy popstars go too far"

DigitalSpy said:
Leona Lewis has revealed that she believes certain female singers portray a bad image and often "go too far".

The 'Collide' singer explained that popstars should aim to look and be attractive in a "positive" way, rather than being "too in your face".

"Personally, I think some people go too far," she told Stylist magazine. "I don't really like to see people dancing around a pole or gyrating on a guy every time I go to a concert.

"I just don't think there is any need for it. I'd rather be something positive, especially to young girls. It's not something I want to represent and I find it a bit insulting as a woman. There's a way to be sexy that's not too in your face."

Lewis added that she has no plans to strip naked for a photoshoot (because she can't book any #justsaying), and that she is "happy" with her body.

"I would never do a bikini shoot. It's too embarrassing," she said. "No weird sex books for me either. I watch what I eat and I eat really healthily most of the time, but other times, I'll just eat what I want. I'm happy with my figure."
Sauce

What do y'all think about this? I personally believe these women should do whatever it is they want or portray their bodies however they want, though maybe there's an argument to be had when some exec pressures a young starlet to strip off for extra appeal.

Kyon

Banned
fuck these doubke standards, teen boy pop tarts always take off their shirts etc. im all for woman being sexy and raunchy, there is however ways to be sexy without stripping like Leona says but, not everyone can pull it off, plus shit gets boring, they need to keep us talking with the provocateur

Kyon

Banned
you tried it sis. but ... she started dancing in the Labrynth Tour, this era she doesnt want people to drag her about just standing their and singing i guess

Sai-kun

Banned
stay mad, crumpeta! <33

In other news, Coldplay's latest single is out, Paradise! :D I like it a lot! Here's the cover for it.

Coldplay-Paradise.jpg

Also apparently they collaborated with Rihanna for one of their new songs, Princess in China? WTF? It's the first I've heard of it....

Stills from Mr. Know it All video out September 26th

2dt15cx.jpg

vyboug.jpg

2hpt9nm.jpg

14mwh2f.jpg

kcih61.jpg

Poor bb look at those newspaper clippings on the wall: "TOO FAT?" "FAILURE," "SPONSORS DROP KELLY CLARKSON," "Clarkson Music Leaks" etc.

Sai-kun

Banned
Granger Danger said:
If nothing else she should be applauded for her consistency, what with wearing a fish net to go with the whole beached whale theme.
11uyi4o.jpg

holy fuck. it is taking everything i have not to burst into laughter right now (i'm in class, rofl)

bPgHh.gif

9zu3h2.jpg

1. Only If For a Night
2. Shake It Out
3. What the Water Gave Me
4. Never Let Me Go
5. Breaking Down
6. Lover to Lover
7. No Light, No Light
8. Seven Devils
9. Heartlines
10. Spectrum
11. All This and Heaven Too
12. Leave My Body
13. What the Water Gave Me (video)

November 1st!

AHHHHHHHHHHH This year is so good for pop music imo. What the Water Gave Me has grown on me like mold. /rimshot

Crumpet Trumpet said:
1. Only If For a Night
2. Shake It Out
4. Never Let Me Go
5. Breaking Down
6. Lover to Lover
7. No Light, No Light
8. Seven Devils
9. Heartlines
10. Spectrum
12. Leave My Body

November 1st!

AHHHHHHHHHHH This year is so good for pop music imo. What the Water Gave Me has grown on me like mold. /rimshot
IbvZG.jpg

This album is gonna be great.

Sai-kun

Banned
Crumpet Trumpet said:
1. Only If For a Night
2. Shake It Out
4. Never Let Me Go
5. Breaking Down
6. Lover to Lover
7. No Light, No Light
8. Seven Devils
9. Heartlines
10. Spectrum
12. Leave My Body

November 1st!

tumblr_lkdotrTBei1qducr1.gif

I am so happy right now.

Marius_ said:
Katy Perry out to dethrone Micheal Jackson by releasing a 6th single to have 6 number 1s from one album

The One That Got Away

Personally I dont think that song has enough pull
Should've been Hummingbird Heartbeat. I was so sure that was going to be the 4th single after CG, TD and FW, but it never happened and still not now that there's going to be a 6th single. Just weird.

Granger Danger said:
Should've been Hummingbird Heartbeat. I was so sure that was going to be the 4th single after CG, TD and FW, but it never happened and still not now that there's going to be a 6th single. Just weird.
I actually like Hummingbird Heartbeat. very 80s.

Also, Stronger tracklisting.

1. Mr. Know It All
2. What Doesn't Kill You
3. Dark Side
4. Honestly
5. You Love Me
6. Einstein
7. Standing In Front Of You
8. I Forgive You
9. Hello
10. The War Is Over
11. Let Me Down
12. You Can't Win
13. Breaking Your Own Heart
14. Don't You Wanna Stay (w/ Jason Aldean)
15. Alone
16. Don't Be A Girl About it
17. The Sun Will Rise

Bonus EP:

1. Hello (Smoakstack Session)
2. The War Is Over (Smoakstack Session)
3. You Love Me (Smoakstack Session)
4. The Sun Will Rise (Smoakstack Session)
5. If I Can't Have You (Smoakstack Session)
6. I Can't Make You Love Me (Smoakstack Session)

Kind of lame there's only 6 songs I haven't already heard. (Einstein and I Forgive You need to GTFO, and same @ that Jason Aldean duet) And I'm pissed that Why Don't You Try isn't on the album. Oh well!

HOLD UP. SOME RANDOM FANCLUB IS REPORTING THAT WHY DON'T YOU TRY IS IN. HOLD ME HOLD ME HOLD ME

Koodo

Banned
That new Florence song is fab but I am currently (LTTP) jamming to What The Water Gave Me. Even more fab.

Marius_ said:
Katy Perry out to dethrone Micheal Jackson by releasing a 6th single to have 6 number 1s from one album

The One That Got Away

Personally I dont think that song has enough pull
I prefer Who Am I Living For, but TOTGA seems better suited for the Fall. They really know which single to release and when, that's for sure.

ChldRebelSoldr said:
Saw one of the best bands tonight.

DOes synth pop count? Oh well, fuck it.
Of course it counts, synthpop was the king of pop music in the 80s. Several of the artists in the OP - especially Robyn - owe a lot of their career to gooey, synthesized goodness. And one of the most critically-acclaimed pop acts of the last decade could properly be described as "synthpop".

As long as we all agree to leave the hair out of this,

peLtP.gif

...then I'd love to see more synthpop in here.

As a big fan of Tears for Fears, I'm also extremely jealous right now.

Goldenhen

Koodo said:
Rihanna says...

6th album in 6 years, apparently.

and yet no Billboard 200 #1s
Ok if Rihanna going to release another album very soon, I hope she put alot more effort into her music rather rushing it out. Cause her last two albums (Loud and Rated R) isn't good as Good Girl Gone Bad.

SecretMoblin said:
Of course it counts, synthpop was the king of pop music in the 80s. Several of the artists in the OP - especially Robyn - owe a lot of their career to gooey, synthesized goodness. And one of the most critically-acclaimed pop acts of the last decade could properly be described as "synthpop".

As long as we all agree to leave the hair out of this,

http://i.imgur.com/peLtP.gif

...then I'd love to see more synthpop in here.
My fav synthpop song: Dead or Alive - You Spin Me Round (Like A Record)

Dat beat is so killer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom