• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The greatest movie soundtrack in your opinion

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Remember this jam in the theater?

ugh

Jamming Blue Cat GIF by Cool Cats

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Howard Shore's work on Lord of the Rings is easily the greatest score in cinema history. Probably the perfect soundtrack that matches every scene in the trilogy to perfection.

I'm also a massive fan of Jóhann Gunnar Jóhannsson's work on Arrival. Haunting, beautiful and innovative, this is probably one of the best original scores to have ever graced my ears. Some of the tracks sound truly alien. Like something created on another world. Masterpiece.

jufonuk

not tag worthy

Unironically One of the greatest. Vince Dicola synth in the album and the touch
Plus you get to watch the best transformer film ever. If they make this film Into a remake using the team from bumblebee it would be the best film you ever saw.

Ok how about this.

Aretha Franklin was in this film and ok the sound track. Great film. Watch it if you can.

One more

So good.

Last edited:

BlackTron

There aren't really any official versions of it all together as one cut, but they kept reusing the main melody of the vocal track "Misty Mountains Cold" in Hobbit and fuck it gets me every time it reappears. I'm still kinda disappointed they didn't use it for the dwarves big push out the gate at the final battle.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Tron legacy's soundtrack is amazing but not the greatest.

Hans Zimmer's work on Gladiator, The Dark Knight, Interstellar, Inception, Thin Red Line, and Prince of Egypt is sublime.

But the greatest soundtrack ive ever heard is Alexander soundtrack by Vangelis. One of those rare soundtracks where nearly every track is amazing.

Last edited:

Raven117

John Williams or Hans Zimmer...something something.

Honestly, Its probably Star Wars. Its hard to think of any music so iconic in cinema.

Hard to argue with Tron Legacy.

Tangerine Dream has a few soundtracks under their belt that are pretty good - Sorcerer, Thief, Risky Business, etc.

John Carpenter also has some strange ability to generate ear worms with really simplistic synth arrangements. The only reason I wouldn’t put some of his soundtracks on top is most of his movies loop the same 5 themes over and over again.

I’ve always been fond of the Clockwork Orange soundtrack and Blade Runner. Both perfectly fit those movies.

Sledge

Neo Member
Can't not mention Tomorrow Never Dies now you've got me thinking. Great arrangement and instrumentation, mixes KD Lang's closer -- Surrender -- expertly into the score, and compliments the action perfectly throughout the film. Amazing talent.

Top Bottom