• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King Of Fighters XIII Hype

Galdelico

patrickthehedgehog said:
Holy fuck. Beautiful.
If the european version will have the cover seen in the trailer, then I'm jealous. US one looks so much better (but I still hope the game will have the same boxart worldwide).

You could always complain about it, I mean, it worked with XII :D

I felt embarassed and proud at the same time when they used my covers done in 5 minutes on Photoshop as example of what the KoFXII cover should look like that time XD

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
My personal thoughts on K' buffing:

giefwhattha.gif

Otherwise, everything is all good so far ^_^ If Betty got "nerfed", I hope there's a reason why, and she's not just left missing a tool.

Didn't expect to see Saiki gameplay. Looks like he'll let us use the GOOP powers of his indecent self, but with a more acceptable form. That's a good start!

US Box art is also very awesome. Iori looks seriously evil, there...

Galdelico

SolarKnight said:
You could always complain about it, I mean, it worked with XII :D

I felt embarassed and proud at the same time when they used my covers done in 5 minutes on Photoshop as example of what the KoFXII cover should look like that time XD
I honestly have no idea of what you're talking about (I bought XII really really late, so I know now there must have been some sort of boxart-design-contest), but sounds great. :)

Anyway, I just think US cover looks better, but I wouldn't complain at all about the orange european one, in case it should be confirmed as official. I like it as well.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Saiki HD Combo Featuring Neomax: http://youtu.be/PaqeMEL4QJo

I like the Neomax. Good way to use the naked man sprite, without forcing us to actually USE the character, lol. A very SNKBoss style OP thing, as well!

Rubbing his foot into his opponents head, before kicking them so casually... nice personality.

Liking what I see of Saiki so far, although I wonder if that's all there is to that DM. It looks awesome and fitting for the character tbh, but it also feels kinda weak :/

Galdelico said:
I honestly have no idea of what you're talking about (I bought XII really really late, so I know now there must have been some sort of boxart-design-contest), but sounds great. :)

Nah, there was no contest. There was this, pretty much everyone complained all options were awful, so Ignition decided it'd be better to just use the JP art (which is what we got in the end).

Galdelico

SolarKnight said:
Nah, there was no contest. There was this, pretty much everyone complained all options were awful, so Ignition decided it'd be better to just use the JP art (which is what we got in the end).
I see, didn't know about that either. :D

Grokbu

There has to be something else to K' being buffed. Perhaps The Answer is just trolling or that K' got nerfs that weren't mentioned.

I mean, buffing him sounds so weird.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
KOFXIII is shaping up to be one of the best KOF ever... hell even one of the best fighting games ever.

I cant believe my eyes... and dat art box. DAT. ART BOX.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
SolarKnight said:
@Shen's change: What?! Why?! What's the freaking point of the move then? =/

On hit it crumples. It might just take LARGE guard damage now, rather than a 100% break. We'll see! Considering how few things in the game lead to absolute guard break, I think this is OK for Shen. He's got loads of great stuff already anywho.

Oh, and remember, with HD mode changes, that means he has easier access to SSJ SHEN -> RAOH GOD FIST, sooo...

In other news:

Oh Mr. Higashi, you seem to have recieved a substantial buff!
http://youtu.be/mvuOSWiywyY

Chargeable Neomax that leads to OMGWTFBBQ damage? OOoo.

SAB CA said:
On hit it crumples. It might just take LARGE guard damage now, rather than a 100% break. We'll see! Considering how few things in the game lead to absolute guard break, I think this is OK for Shen. He's got loads of great stuff already anywho.

Oh, and remember, with HD mode changes, that means he has easier access to SSJ SHEN -> RAOH GOD FIST, sooo...

Nobody is ever going to actually get hit by a fully charged punch though and you know it =/

But yeah, with the change to Max Cancels Shen now has pretty much the easiest almost touch of death combo for only 4 bars rather than the 5 it used to take.

J.D->s.C->f+B->HD->s.C->f+B-xxC,A,B,DxxNeoMAX

gundamkyoukai said:
These mean nothing unless that info about K wrong .
I wonder what the nerfs on betty are .

Maybe the only buffs K' got was the juggle on EX Iron Trigger->f+B and being able to combo his qcb+K from a jump in? That doesn't sound like too much, in fact, it kinda sounds like stuff he probably should've had from the beginning.

SolarKnight said:
Maybe the only buffs K' got was the juggle on EX Iron Trigger->f+B and being able to combo his qcb+K from a jump in? That doesn't sound like too much, in fact, it kinda sounds like stuff he probably should've had from the beginning.

If you play KOF 13 you would know that K needs to be nerf anything else they give him just going to make matters worst .
He is already the best char in the game , there are other people that were almost as good but they getting nerf like Betty , Raiden .
Now i got to see if they do anything to the others like Andy , Kyo , Iori , Takuma , Robert, Kula .
Where are the buff for people that need them Mai , Athena , Clark , Terry , Vice .

The last thing i want is K so good that you have to play him on your team which most people already do anyway .

gundamkyoukai said:
If you play KOF 13 you would know that K needs to be nerf anything else they give him just going to make matters worst .
He is already the best char in the game , there are other people that were almost as good but they getting nerf like Betty , Raiden .
Now i got to see if they do anything to Andy , Kyo , Iori , Takuma , Robert that were also good.
Where are the buff for people that need them Mai , Athena , Clark , Terry , Vice .
We don't need to nerf everyone that was good.

gundamkyoukai said:
Now i got to see if they do anything to the others like Andy , Kyo , Iori , Takuma , Robert, Kula .

The last thing i want is K so good that you have to play him on your team which most people already do anyway .

Oh I know, I also think it's pure BS that he of all people avoids the nerf bat and actually gets buffed, all I'm saying is that if those are the only 2 things he got buffed at then it doesn't sound THAT bad. I mean, is being able to juggle after an EX Iron Trigger projectile THAT big of a buff?

Terareflection said:
We don't need to nerf everyone that was good.

Well they already start which why i want to know what they did with other top guys .
While i love 98um everyone and there sister has to play Krauser or Geese if not you not winning anything .

SolarKnight said:
Oh I know, I also think it's pure BS that he of all people avoids the nerf bat and actually gets buffed, all I'm saying is that if those are the only 2 things he got buffed at then it doesn't sound THAT bad. I mean, is being able to juggle after an EX Iron Trigger projectile THAT big of a buff?

Well with all the option he got he don't need anymore.
Since it would help him get you corner for even more juggles .

Edgeward

~Devil Trigger~ said:
which day is that again?

Oct 25

The cover needs some Mai love, to tell everyone "Hey, boobie girl is in this game, buy it, pleeeaaaassssseeeee!"

And wow, I really hope K' is rebalanced and not just buffed. Too early to overreact, so I'll hold out for hope.

Hag

The cover is cool but where's Mai to boost the sales? :lol

I really really hope that netcode is at least good so I can play it this time.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
SolarKnight said:
Nobody is ever going to actually get hit by a fully charged punch though and you know it =/

But yeah, with the change to Max Cancels Shen now has pretty much the easiest almost touch of death combo for only 4 bars rather than the 5 it used to take.

J.D->s.C->f+B->HD->s.C->f+B-xxC,A,B,DxxNeoMAX

People actually DO get hit by the charge on wakeup mix-ups, however. Will they still, now, without the fear of guardbreak? Hmmm... Either way, I think it'll work out for Shen!

gundamkyoukai said:
These mean nothing unless that info about K wrong .
I wonder what the nerfs on betty are .

giefwhattha.gif

*cackle*

SolarKnight said:

If they give K' a few Meterless buffs, but take away some of his old ways to do mega-damage without meter, I think this would be a fair trade.

Going by what they did to Raiden and Betty, I really doubt K' is getting away unscathed.

SAB CA said:
giefwhattha.gif

*cackle*

If they give K' a few Meterless buffs, but take away some of his old ways to do mega-damage without meter, I think this would be a fair trade.

Going by what they did to Raiden and Betty, I really doubt K' is getting away unscathed.

Damn you SAB lol
I will deal with it alright by playing K .
Which is same way i deal with Krauser or Geese in 98um if you can't beat them join them .

Guess one of my main teams will be Betty since i going to play her no matter what happens to her , K and Andy or Kim.

Our cover has Mai, we win.

It's also being published by RSG, chances are not many people will see it on store shelves anyway, haha.

Kusanagi sounds lame if it's really not a Kyo alt, but I guess Shingo is one step closer this way.

Also not impressed with Human Saiki yet, I can't see what his gameplay is about other than arm waving and tele-stomping.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Wow, Kane317 unloaded a TON of observations onto DC. Here they are! The whole game is getting some pretty strong balance changes, the way it sounds:

• Neomax in HD costs 2 stocks but 3 stocks outside of HD.
  • Liz's midscreen, 1 stock no drive 511 damage combo now deals 391
  • Shen's gotten a slight damage decrease, I couldn't quite figure out where but Kunio's 799 (1 stock HD combo) now does 777
  • Duo Lon's Ex f.AC now has more hit stun (or better recovery for DL) so that he can do s.C or s.D (before it was a near 1 frame that allowed only for d.A, and if you're close enough you can link that to s.C).
  • Duo Lon's NM has finally been normalized and now does 448 instead of his silly 400 he used to do. (Most characters are 450-500 in the arcade version).
  • Maxima's air vapor cannon now holds him in place for both version and then after he's done he either goes forward or drops down (I forget), but not backwards.
  • Maxima's damage has been decreased slightly.
  • Goro's dp+K, [DC] hcf P seems to only work in the corner now (WHY?). His NM has been buffed to 571, yup!
  • Kyo's hcb+K is no longer safe, is also does not build much drive or meter if it connects. It seems only useful for combos from now on.
  • Kyo has his air Ex Orochinagi
  • All characters that we tested all had aerial Ex DMs like Mai.
  • Kyo can do d.B, d.A, df.D [1hit], qcf+K midscreen now.
  • Overall, hit hitboxes have been adjusted and it's harder to cross characters up now. It was noticable as we couldn't get K''s j.B or j.D to crossup.
  • Chin is now top tier.
  • K''s hop no longer goes over a standing opponent.
  • K''s second shell (qcf+P.f+B) now juggles opponent higher and when preceded by an Ex qcf+P, allows the second shell to hit twice, and hence combo into his qcf x2+P DM like in the RS trailer.
  • Shen's fully charged qcf+P now only removes 50% of the guard gauge.
  • Mai has been buffed overall. Her air.d+B has faster recovery making it kinda safe, her air.qcb+P is also safer.
  • Mai's air DM now falls "natually" as she travels across the screen a la '95 Mai's hidden air DM.
  • Mai's air Ex DM also MaxCancels into NM.
  • Mai's Ex Ryuenbu has startup invincibility.
  • Mai's A Ryuenbu has a larger vertical hitbox acting like an anti air (assumingly it's like her beta version).
  • Terry has a d.A, d.C link which helps his hit confirmation a lot. Gave us an instant Fatal Fury "feel" to it.
  • Takuma's stun combo juggles are much harder to perform and the timing is real tight.
  • Joe's NM comes out FAST. Can pretty much punish air attacks on reaction.
  • Joe's NM when MC'd, will wait for the opponent to drop from the Screw Upper, automatically releasing it for you. It's a damaging MC.
  • Joe's Ex DM travels across the screen now.
  • Joe's D Tiger Knee now has startup invincibility somewhat similar to XII but not as exteeme. B version is faster but has no invincibility.
  • Liz's Ex DM now does no pushback on blocked opponents
  • Liz's Ex counter only allows followups with specials, not normals.
  • Liz still can do the reset DM midscreen still (personally tested).
  • Beni's Ex Raijinken now holds the opponent in position allowing you to follow up. I believe CMD.Duc did (corner), Ex Raijinken (qcf+AC), A Raijinken, dp+K. Overall CDM.Duc says he's been buffed.
  • Ash's Ex qcb+P now juggles even grounded opponents.
  • Ryo's dp+A seems faster, his parries are faster, and his Ex hcb+K seems faster.
  • Andy's d.D is slower now and no longer as abusable, it still can hit anti-air but seems to trade more now.
  • Andy's Zaneiken is safe on block now, but he's also pushed back really far himself.
  • Andy's Ex hcf+K, d.D is harder to connect now mid screen.
  • Raiden's dropkicks have finally has its charge time increased. Despite initials reports, 1.1 did not change his charge time from 1.0. Personally, I must have charged ove 20+ seconds and I could not get level 3 to come out. If you land the DK midscreen, the opponent will fly away really far not allowing a follow up. His double DK shenanigans still work in the corner.
  • King and Hwa Jai's slide both cancel now by themselves.
  • King's NM has been fixed, it now goes further and when MC'd does full damage.
  • Mature's qcb+K has better recovery
  • Ralf's Vulcan Punch now knocks the opponent away after two hits.
  • Clark, sadly, seems unchanged.
  • Leona's HD combos have been nerfed slightly.
  • Kula's corner juggles seem harder to connect.
  • I was kidding about Chin, he seems unchanged.
  • Saiki is very strong from what I saw from No.17 and Oscar messing around with him. He feels very mid-boss in terms of damage but I may change my mind later, naturally, Oscar has decided to pick him up and drop Liz =)

Poor Clark, lol.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
General Shank-a-snatch said:
What a moron, that was already in the arcade version.

From the looks of it, the DM travels to the opponent, then stops on them, doing it's damage. It I'm not mistaken, in the arcade original, it simply would travel through the opponent, yet never stopping until it dissiated.

I think we can commend him for sharing such info with us, not insult him for some odd wording, or any potential errors, no?

Top Bottom