• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King Of Fighters XIII + Steam Edition |OT| Now on Steam with Improved Netcode!

MechaX

GrayFoxPL said:
Let's dance!
iLsOVHC88qtmk.gif

That... was surprisingly hypnotic and that's not even the best part about her dance number.

stormer

I'm really hoping this thing doesn't turn out to be a big cluster fuck like the last one.. but I'm sure it will be :///

Tizoc

Nice OP, Fersis \m/

Now could someone make me a KoF XIII av please?
I want it to be Mango Sentinel with a curleh mustache and sambrero.
Anyone who is getting the game MUST have a sambrero avatar at least once.

Oooh, we gotz OT.

And the President didn't get any love in the OP.

I'm the sadness.

But KoF will make it all better.

You killed the OT in retrospect however.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
ReXXXSoprano said:
Oooh, we gotz OT.

And the President didn't get any love in the OP.

I'm the sadness.

But KoF will make it all better.

You killed the OT in retrospect however.
Oh sorry your name was in some of the stuff that got cut! SOWWY! Will fix asap

Terareflection said:
Fersis, the Beginner's Incomplete Tutorial doesn't link directly to the guide, but you can add the Norvil tutorial if you wish.
Fixed. Thanks!

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Shinriji said:
HYPE GET.

The bad thing will be waiting until Christmas to play...
FUUUU WHY?! I hope to get it a week or two after release.

Hey i got a new internet connection. 6Mb we should try some games once XIII is out.

Shinriji

Fersis said:
FUUUU WHY?! I hope to get it a week or two after release.

Hey i got a new internet connection. 6Mb we should try some games once XIII is out.

My sister that lives in the US will bring the game for me, and she will arrive at the 23. But will have the soundtrack so it's a little tradeoff.

And grats for the new connection, dude. Let's play some KOF 95 and 96 to test it.

Grokbu

_dementia said:
I think so. No spectating though.
DiscoShark said:
Do we know if there are lobbies at all? Seriously I've yet to see a single screenshot suggesting we have anything of the sort in KOF13.
Hrm, ok. I guess we won't know until a reviewer/someone getting it early releases some info.

Thanks anyway.

Fersis

Grokbu said:
Hrm, ok. I guess we won't know until a reviewer/someone getting it early releases some info.

Thanks anyway.
Do reviews always take this long to come out? I just want to know about the netcode. :(

Fersis said:
Do reviews always take this long to come out? I just want to know about the netcode. :(

Maybe Atlus asked for a specific date for the reviews to go up? I don't recall this from them though. I too want to know about that netcode.

Fersis

CcrooK said:
I'm more interested in the players here on GAF with their netcode impressions.
Oh yeah totally but some impressions even from reviewers would be nice.
But as you may know im not holding my breath for good netcode.

CcrooK said:

Well I wouldn't mind being a guinea pig in that sense. With PSN gaf chat we could probably gauge how well it is by where we are playing.

Fersis said:
I don't think games like this would get reviewed until after release.

Shadow780

I have more faith in Atlus conveying fan concerns to SNK in Japan, but yeah I'm not holding breath on the netcode. Luckily I have a few local friends to play with.

alstein

Fersis said:

It's hard as hell for game reviewers to post honest netcode impressions. I've asked one, and here's the problems they listed.

a) There aren't many review copies out, and among those that have them, most of them wouldn't know lag if it hit them in the face. Most game reviewers don't even know what a hadoken is. On top of that, you get very close distances or very far distances, which aren't optimal.

b) Dev kit online is often deceptively good since no one's on it.

That said, if the damdai rumor is true, I have faith.

Takuan

May cop @ a low price if the netcode is solid and there's still a player base by that time.

This decision is based solely on the KOFXII Elisabeth Blanctorche sprite, which I just googled and like quite a bit.

LowParry

Urban Scholar said:
Well I wouldn't mind being a guinea pig in that sense. With PSN gaf chat we could probably gauge how well it is by where we are playing.

Well, it can be just general impressions from the get go but if people want to test different regions, that'd be cool too. I'd love to help out but I don't think I'll be able to pick this game up till the holidays or beyond. Too much on my plate already.

Takuan said:
May cop @ a low price if the netcode is solid and there's still a player base by that time.

This decision is based solely on the KOFXII Elisabeth Blanctorche sprite, which I just googled and like quite a bit.
XIII version has boob window.

Takuan

patrickthehedgehog said:
XIII version has boob window.
Yes, I noticed the change in her art. I personally prefer the XII version because it simply makes more sense, but whatever. I can't watch Youtube at work and wasn't able to find her XIII sprite, unfortunately - the latter probably can't exist yet, since the game isn't out.

Fersis

Heads up for those in the US:
Someone from twitter said:
Some Gamestops in the US will be holding #KOFXIII tournaments. Call to see if your GS is holding one for your chance to get a free copy!

Takuan said:
Yes, I noticed the change in her art. I personally prefer the XII version because it simply makes more sense, but whatever. I can't watch Youtube at work and wasn't able to find her XIII sprite, unfortunately - the latter probably can't exist yet, since the game isn't out.
XIII on consoles has both versios.

Grokbu

Fersis said:
I think it depends on the publisher actually. But I'm not sure if there is a review embargo on this or not.

CcrooK said:
I'm going to give my impressions for sure. As I understand it, the general internet infrastructure here in Sweden is pretty good (but that's only what I've heard), and we live pretty close to eachother, since it's not as large a country as USA. So my results might not match others'.

I will be getting this game a bit later than NA, though, since I'm from EU. :<

But what I want to know the most is if the netcode holds up with people you generally have good connections to.

EDIT:
Takuan said:
Her Boob window sprite is an alternate one, and the XII sprite is her XIII default.

Takuan

Cool. I just looked up her gameplay on ATLUS' site... looks like a counter character, or at least she appears to have several counter moves, which makes me sad since I'm bad at timing this sort of stuff. :<

Takuan said:

Yeah, with both versions in XIII you can keep her in modest non-boob window form until you feel like you've reached that point in your relationship where you don't mind her showing off a little bit!

Great news about the GS tourney! I'll give mine a call today.

Takuan

Korigama

Takuan said:
Was it ever truly available? Let me get this right - am I looking at a $50 game that comes with a complete soundtrack + special packaging for said soundtrack??? Is this an SE or does it come with all of 'em?
All pre-orders.

Takuan

Grokbu said:
I think that's kinda hard to tell. I guess you could ask stores if all the preorder bundles are taken.

BTW. Chlorophylle on Dream Cancel brought this up: http://twitter.com/#!/risingstargames/status/136457662979248128

It seems that the game is pushed back to Nov 30 in France.
Hmm, ok. I'll hit up some EBs and see what's up.

Edit: Looks like EBGames.ca is still offering it. Doesn't hurt to try ordering.

Fersis

Also delayed for a week in Spain. =/

Fersis

Grokbu said:
On the bright side. It seems to be delayed because it's more popular than they thought.
How do you know?

BadWolf said:
RSG say so in the twitter link he posted.
Didnt saw that post! SOWWY! Great news!

Skilletor

Criminal Upper said:
Jesus, my Gamestop doesn't even have XIII in their SYSTEM.

Wtf

That can't be right since they share a system, lol. It's not like one store has different things to look up from another store. Your rep didn't look it up right or something.

Dambrosi

Banned
Grokbu said:
On the bright side. It seems to be delayed because it's more popular than they thought.
Kinda hoping it gets delayed in the UK as well. I don't get new money till its current release date, and you know what online pre-orders are like. Otherwise, I'll have to cancel :-(

Top Bottom