• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King Of Fighters XIII + Steam Edition |OT| Now on Steam with Improved Netcode!

Known attendees:
DM|Xian
ElivePro|Mr.KoF
Sparkster
ElivePro|Oogosho
Juicebox Abel
AS|Reynald
CMD.DUC
ElivePro|RF
Frionel
RogueYoshi
*Xiaohai
*Dakou

*= Possibility

From the Dream Cancel MLG thread. The list of players going to attend. Seems to be a great tournament to level up in.

Not very long... I think it is the third best Story mode behind BB and MK though. It is pretty distant third though.

To be fair, SNK doesn't have the budget of NetherRealms or Arcsys. You know. More then ten dollars. For the hamburger meal it took SNKP to make the story, I think they did pretty damn good considering it cost them like nothing to make compared to everyone else.

To be fair, SNK doesn't have the budget of NetherRealms or Arcsys. You know. More then ten dollars. For the hamburger meal it took SNKP to make the story, I think they did pretty damn good considering it cost them like nothing to make compared to everyone else.

Yeah, I know that SNK doesn't have the budget. I am just somewhat disappointed with things went down in the story mode. I don't really like the Ash Saga characters.

For the record, I really enjoyed all the pre-battle dialogue in story/arcade mode.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Crazy weekend: NCR and MLG
Get your streams ready stream monsters!

BTW im starting to warm up to the stick! ^_^

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
BTW i totally messed up and NCR and MLG are not this weekend. LOLZ Fersis.

BadWolf

^After reading just the title, for a sec I thought we were getting a sequel to NGBC.

Been putting some time into Joe and his ex hurrican super into neomax is one of the coolest things I've seen in any fighting game. He's so fun in this game.

Hope they ditch Hwa Jai in XIV, Joe has a great sprite but feels less unique due the bald version a few spaces away.

alstein

^After reading just the title, for a sec I thought we were getting a sequel to NGBC.

Been putting some time into Joe and his ex hurrican super into neomax is one of the coolest things I've seen in any fighting game. He's so fun in this game.

Hope they ditch Hwa Jai in XIV, Joe has a great sprite but feels less unique due the bald version a few spaces away.

Joe's on the milk carton because he's traditionally a low execution character, but became high execution in XIII. Generally when chars have to rely on hard stuff, a few people bother to learn it, and most just pick less frustrating characters.

I miss 98-style Joe. Hwa Jai's too fun a character to dump though.

BadWolf

Joe's on the milk carton because he's traditionally a low execution character, but became high execution in XIII. Generally when chars have to rely on hard stuff, a few people bother to learn it, and most just pick less frustrating characters.

I miss 98-style Joe. Hwa Jai's too fun a character to dump though.

I don't mind if he stays as long as he gets his own sprite.

Between his gameplan and combos (DC/EX/HD), this is my fave version of Joe easily. The only difficult thing about him are his stun combos but you don't need them to be effective with the character as he does solid damage regardless and has hit confirms up the wazoo. The Japanese player Haregoro (amazing freaking Joe) actually seems to be shying away from them in the console version due to the meter they build for your opponent.

Hey, just wanted to chime in with an outsider's view of KOF. I watched FR XV - Road to Evo... or I am watch it.

Good game. Nice visuals, solid system, great balance.

The commentators just fucking love this game, though. It's kinda funny. They are more hyped for the actual game itself than the characters or players, lol.

Yeah, think it is nice that there is one facet of the FGC that is actually about game, rather than the players.

On another note, I am free to throws and Mai's CD and Far D are awesome. Really need to be more watchful of the opponents meter as well, eating one too many wake up supers.

alstein

Yeah. Really annoying. Usually they are more prone to mistakes though.

Just like Flowchart Kens. EX Iori is the flowchart Ken of KOF. That said, good players are a nightmare, there's a reason he's my most hated character in the entire series.

The only other thing that close throughout the years was 2k2 Athena.

Just like Flowchart Kens. EX Iori is the flowchart Ken of KOF. That said, good players are a nightmare, there's a reason he's my most hated character in the entire series.

The only other thing that close throughout the years was 2k2 Athena.

Kyo always annoyed me the most throughout the games, mainly because I encounter way more of them, but yeah, he is a pain, him and other characters you can't Alternate Guard easily.

I haven't experienced corner lockdown like that in years. Might have to switch Duo Lon's position since he can't really handle this pressure.
When in doubt, wake up EX super.

Fersis

So ive been playing SFxT for a few days (Got it this sunday)... its a good game no doubt about it. But i found myself thinking: 'When are you gonna play XIII?'
I spent about $90 bucks on SFxT (Lolz Argentina) so im forced to play it! ;) but man... KOFXIII is something else isnt?

So ive been playing SFxT for a few days (Got it this sunday)... its a good game no doubt about it. But i found myself thinking: 'When are you gonna play XIII?'
I spent about $90 bucks on SFxT (Lolz Argentina) so im forced to play it! ;) but man... KOFXIII is something else.

I feel this way when I play SC5, even though I lose far more in KOF than I do SC, I have much more fun with it.

Nyoro SF

Maybe you got grabbed at the end of it? Its invincibile on startup.

Oh ok. Well at the very least that should get me out of corner lockdown.

My other issues with Duo is his really hard to land crossup and the st.C reset after rekkas not coming out online. :(

Top Bottom