• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Kiseki / Trails (of the Sky/Zero/Ao/Sen/Etc) Community Thread: SPOILERTAGS OR DIE

gtcT1o1.jpg

Can see some more students in the top of the picture. Including a blue haired girl we're seeing for the first time. She seems to be standing next to the green hair girl we've seen a couple times now based on the boots, as well as a couple male students whom have yet to be revealed.

danthefan

Cold Steel near end game boss spoilers:

WHAT THE FUCK. I'm trying to beat Comrade C and he's insanely strong. His S-Craft is very close to being an entire party 1 hit KO, one member survived and I managed to get going again, after spamming celestial balms, but he then literally got about 10 attacks in a row and just ran about the area murdering me. I could do absolutely nothing to stop it. And since you don't get a break between that and the previous boss fight I'll have to do that again too to change up my quartz, etc.

This is some bullshit. Any tips for it? Going to give it another try, tbh if he just gets to chain turns again to wipe me out I'm just going to give up on this game.

WHAT THE FUCK. I'm trying to beat Comrade C and he's insanely strong. His S-Craft is very close to being an entire party 1 hit KO, one member survived and I managed to get going again, after spamming celestial balms, but he then literally got about 10 attacks in a row and just ran about the area murdering me. I could do absolutely nothing to stop it. And since you don't get a break between that and the previous boss fight I'll have to do that again too to change up my quartz, etc.

This is some bullshit. Any tips for it? Going to give it another try, tbh if he just gets to chain turns again to wipe me out I'm just going to give up on this game.

I think I abused that one girl who hits on all the girls craft attack that has a 90% faint chance.

danthefan

I think I abused that one girl who hits on all the girls craft attack that has a 90% faint chance.

I used that a bit and didn't get a single faint... Then she didn't get a turn for about the final third of the fight.

I know there should be a challenge to the game but I just felt like the game cheesed it there which really pissed me off. How am I meant to survive if I can't get a turn in.

PK Gaming

Try this

Couple of things to keep in mind:

-Enter the fight with as much CP as possible. You never know when you'll need an emergency S-break.
-If you don't destroy the bombs he sets up (using CP skills with high range like Gale) then you're absolutely fucked.
-The boss is resistant to a ton of status, but he's vulnerable to Faint. Spam moves that cause Faint, like Angie's.. (well I forget the name because it's a cool looking move) and Rean's Flame Impact.
-Positioning is God here. It's worth wasting turns, moving out of the way. His S-craft is stupid strong, but its range is limited to a straight line.
-It should go without saying, but the sooner you take out those giant robots, the better

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah but this time you're the teacher
Makes all the difference

Can't wait to romance my cute student and get fired as a result

If there is no essay/test correcting and grading minigame preorder cancelled. My Rean is also a powerdrunk dick and will grade everything an F.
You can't beat me in ogre mode? Well TOO BAD SUCKER TRY HARDER F!!! You don't know the specifics of how my hero self stopped the civil war??? F!!!!

HEY GUYS FANS LOVED THE SCHOOL SETTING IN CS1 AND P5 IS OUT NOW, LET'S GO BACK!

:)

Why you hate school, we gotta support education especially when it comes to teaching people the value of bleaching your hair and owning a massively powerful mech.

PK Gaming

I doubt the school segment is going to make up the bulk of the game

We might get a chapter dedicated to it, but I suspect the new team VII is going to be out and about for the most part

Girlfriend got me Trails of Cold Steel for the Vita back at christmas time. Starting taking the bus and realized I was wasting my time not playing a game on my commute that wasn't Fire Emblem Heroes. Started this game a few days ago after all the praise. It's guilty of it's anime tropes, which I fully expected, but I have to say this game is hella enjoyable for the get go. Bus commute to and from work became the highlight of my day now thanks to this gem. Really wanna play Trails in the Sky because I've similarly heard great thing.

Edit: Also that ToCSIII art of Rean makes me want to binge the hell out of the first two.

PK Gaming

Being a bracer is awesome

Seriously, SC excels at making you feel good about your job. Talking to people you've helped in the past, boarding airliners to get resolve issues... I actually feel like a working man (err, gal) and it's such a wonderful experience.

zakujanai

I can't wait to find out why Tita's incredibly negligent parents are angry at the person who's been protecting their daughter from harm while they've been off doing fuck-knows what, fuck-knows where.

Genuinely, I want to know why they left a child alone to spend months away at work.

Such hype for Third. I'm doing whatever I'm doing as soon as this comes out.

danthefan

I've played TiTS recently and I'm about to finish CS now, on the final chapter, in that order.

So do I go for CS2 or TiTSSC next? Does it matter?

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
I've played TiTS recently and I'm about to finish CS now, on the final chapter, in that order.

So do I go for CS2 or TiTSSC next? Does it matter?

Lol you madman you're cliffhangering yourself on both games what? xD
Well since that obviously seems to have 0 effect just follow your heart.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
This reminds me, they should use the time skip to have Elliot turn into his father.
I've wanted to see badass Elliot since we found out about his dad.

Tonton

Is a 4gb memory card enough to play one cold steel at a time?
Don't remember the exact size but you should be fine, I got both at the same time on a 8gb, just couldn't also have Cyber Sleuth
I think you might need both games installed at the same time to do the save transfer however?

sibarraz

Banned
Don't remember the exact size but you should be fine, I got both at the same time on a 8gb, just couldn't also have Cyber Sleuth
I think you might need both games installed at the same time to do the save transfer however?

That's bad, I bought a Vita today and memory cards are hard to find, even the cheap ones

Jiraiza

The wait for new info about Jusis is killing me. Curious if they'll be able to improve on his outfit as an adult because he looked pretty fly in CS2. Same with Laura.

The wait for new info about Jusis is killing me. Curious if they'll be able to improve on his outfit as an adult because he looked pretty fly in CS2. Same with Laura.

With all the hints about returning characters from the other games, I'm not expecting much more from the original Class VII than the odd cameo. Especially as the games supposedly set in Western Erobonia, it'll be hard to get Jusis much involvement in the plot.

With all the hints about returning characters from the other games, I'm not expecting much more from the original Class VII than the odd cameo. Especially as the games supposedly set in Western Erobonia, it'll be hard to get Jusis much involvement in the plot.
I think some of them will play major roles and some won't be more than cameos personally. I could see alisa, Gaius, Fie, and maybe Emma and Laura playing larger roles, with Jusis, Machias and Elliot likely not being too prevalent

Edit: oh and Millium will almost certainly feature prominently as well at some point

For some reason I thought that both Legend of Heroes I and II for PC Engine were on Wii VC, but I was mistaken. : (

A largely voiced JRPG from 1991 is such a surreal experience. I wish more PC engine games could be properly curated and put on a newer VC platform. Of course, SCEJ seems to have all but given up on VC so it would be up to Nintendo ...

Jiraiza

Obviously he's very happy with his husband Machias.

Err... I mean uh, wife Paula.

Never did understood the weird shipping with Machias. Their chemistry never went beyond the social standing thing that was usually from Machias anyway. Then again, you could say the same for the interpersonal relationships between everyone outside of Rean, but that's for another discussion.

It's all about
Millium
, though.

Never did understood the weird shipping with Machias. Their chemistry never went beyond the social standing thing that was usually from Machias anyway. Then again, you could say the same for the interpersonal relationships between everyone outside of Rean, but that's for another discussion.

It's all about
Millium
, though.

They keep trying to one up one another.

So it's pretty much just basic Rival x Rival shipping.

Thoraxes

It's all about
Millium
, though.

I just treat it as StarSketch said.

That said, I completely treat it as tongue-in-cheek.

PK Gaming

It's all about
Millium
, though.

Yo, what

They constantly spend time with each other. They finish each other's sentences. They show up in each other's bonding events. They hang out during downtime. Their relationship wouldn't be out of place in a sport's manga.

10/10 yaoi ship, would ship again

sibarraz

Banned
omg, I think that I found the lionheart edition of CSI, and a physical copy of CSII on a store here, I hope to buy them by the end of the month

Making my way through CS and I'm wondering- how important is changing out your Master Quartz? There was a shop selling them in Barehard but I was low on money and couldn't get any. I swapped Enma's out for Another magic based one, but I haven't run into anything else and I'm not even sure switching the one I did was a good idea.

So uh, what's the deal with the hundred or so 20mb updates FC and SC have been getting today? I know they fixed some UI assets, but what's with another update getting pushed every hour or so? Like is there some guy at XSEED making some single minor change, seeing if it works, and then pushing the patch before going on to make another minor change and repeat the last few steps?

But anyway, I guess the transition to 32-bit colors is probably something Trails 3 will have at launch if they're updating the first two to use 32-bit colors?

Top Bottom