• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Kiseki / Trails (of the Sky/Zero/Ao/Sen/Etc) Community Thread: SPOILERTAGS OR DIE

preta

Ah okay. I guess I'm not missing anything too big worth back tracking for until I finish Trails of Cold Steel II then? As far as localized titles go, is there just Trails of the Sky 1&2, and a handful of the original Dragon Slayer/Legend of Heroes titles? Do majority of the non localized entries have english patched roms at all?

Thanks!

There's a part of Cold Steel I that spoils an endgame twist from Sky SC (though you may have gotten to that point already, I don't remember), and there are several parts of Cold Steel II that spoil other things from the Sky games.

danthefan

I should finally finish Cold Steel tonight after work. It's been something else.

Will play through Horizon and then it's SC I reckon.

danthefan

Well didn't get it finished, naturally it's going on for much longer than I expected. I finished up the festival so have whatever is after that left. No crashes thankfully.

danthefan

I DID IT

Cold Steel finished. Took about 64 hours. They really are cruel in their use of cliffhangers though aren't they, first TiTS and now this.

danthefan

Some of these games are on sale at the moment, got CS2 there fit just over $20 also using the 20% discount code.

Guess I'm going straight from CS into CS2.....

Quick question, I generally do all the upfront Side Quests, but I got an A and not an S for the Prologue and Chapter 1. I usually talk to as many as the NPCs as I can but I never seem to run across any additional tasks, assuming there are additional tasks and thats how you get them, but I can't seem to figure it out. I guess I could look it up, but that kinda ruins the fun. Also, will only getting A's stop me from getting to the rank of A0?

Quick question, I generally do all the upfront Side Quests, but I got an A and not an S for the Prologue and Chapter 1. I usually talk to as many as the NPCs as I can but I never seem to run across any additional tasks, assuming there are additional tasks and thats how you get them, but I can't seem to figure it out. I guess I could look it up, but that kinda ruins the fun. Also, will only getting A's stop me from getting to the rank of A0?
if there is 1 constant frustration with this series, its the amount of extremely time limitted and hidden side quests, AP points, and important missables

Famassu

This is one franchise where I just use a (as spoiler free as possible) walkthrough since -as much as I enjoy the games and following even the mundane happenings in the world - I don't care for the ridiculously easily missable side content. I love to experience all of it but I don't care for running around so much that I'd want to check up on everyone all the time only to still miss half of the side quests.

Ah, so they are super hidden. I usually try to talk to all the NPCs but there are so many, I'm sure I miss a good handful. Maybe I will just open a guide, then. :/ Am I boned on getting A0 is I don't get an S on all the chapters?

desmax

Ah, so they are super hidden. I usually try to talk to all the NPCs but there are so many, I'm sure I miss a good handful. Maybe I will just open a guide, then. :/ Am I boned on getting A0 is I don't get an S on all the chapters?

You can miss about 10 to 15AP and still get A0, I believe

You can miss about 10 to 15AP and still get A0, I believe

Well that's reassuring. Not sure how much I missed considering I didn't do any of the hidden stuff in the Prologue, Chapter 1, or any of the Pre-Bareahard stuff in Chapter 2. How much extra AP is there generally in a chapter?

danthefan

This is one franchise where I just use a (as spoiler free as possible) walkthrough since -as much as I enjoy the games and following even the mundane happenings in the world - I don't care for the ridiculously easily missable side content. I love to experience all of it but I don't care for running around so much that I'd want to check up on everyone all the time only to still miss half of the side quests.

Yeah I did the same for CS, during each chapter I'd check for miss-able quests in a FAQ to make sure I got them all. I don't find it fun having to speak to every NPC in town in case I miss anything.

desmax

Well that's reassuring. Not sure how much I missed considering I didn't do any of the hidden stuff in the Prologue, Chapter 1, or any of the Pre-Bareahard stuff in Chapter 2. How much extra AP is there generally in a chapter?

From my understanding, if you get A rank in every chapter you'd get just enough for A0. But do check a guide for more info on that

Really hope thats the case! Thanks for the help!

Also I'm enjoying Rean as a character way more than I thought I would. I think that goes for almost everyone in the came, maybe except for Jusis and Machias. I'm sure they get better, but I really enjoy that the game's portrayal of all these characters isn't overly tropey. Like, the tropes are there, but it doesn't hold on to any interactions that happen because of those tropes and I really appreciate that. Though I think I like the Rean the most, I don't really strongly dislike anyone. Emma is kinda boring, but maybe she'll be fleshed out more on this Field Study, Also Sara is the best.

Really hope thats the case! Thanks for the help!

Also I'm enjoying Rean as a character way more than I thought I would. I think that goes for almost everyone in the came, maybe except for Jusis and Machias. I'm sure they get better, but I really enjoy that the game's portrayal of all these characters isn't overly tropey. Like, the tropes are there, but it doesn't hold on to any interactions that happen because of those tropes and I really appreciate that. Though I think I like the Rean the most, I don't really strongly dislike anyone. Emma is kinda boring, but maybe she'll be fleshed out more on this Field Study, Also Sara is the best.
Emma remains boring for a long time, but shes one of my favorite characters. However when I say a long time I mean really until CS2.

Sara is the best, very true.

Thoraxes

I always just commit to two playthroughs of each title due to this. First time is just all me; a pure experience. Second time is a guide for missables/completionist stuff and whatnot.

Felt happy when I got A0 and all treasure chests in my first run of CS2, lol

Out of curiosity, since Trails in the Sky is Legend of Heroes 6...

Is it in the same universe as the previous ones, or are all the prior ones unrelated and they decided to De-Final Fantasize things and go for a shared universe for all future entries?

preta

Best Kiseki Title Screen Go......

I like Zero`s

Aoki Shizuku, no question.

Out of curiosity, since Trails in the Sky is Legend of Heroes 6...

Is it in the same universe as the previous ones, or are all the prior ones unrelated and they decided to De-Final Fantasize things and go for a shared universe for all future entries?

1 and 2 are a duology and 3, 4, and 5 are the Gagharv trilogy. As far as we know, each of these (and Trails) is set in their own world.

SephLuis

Does anyone have that pic that Estelle is threatening someone with her big staff ? Trying to convince someone to play TitS

Edit: Found it

The first two Legend of Heroes games are straight up Star Ocean. Not that space travel or anything like that is necessarily involved ... although I wouldn't be surprised if it came up. I'm also somewhat reminded of Phantasy Star II. I didn't expect the origins of the series to be like this.

preta

The first two Legend of Heroes games are straight up Star Ocean. Not that space travel or anything like that is necessarily involved ... although I wouldn't be surprised if it came up. I'm also somewhat reminded of Phantasy Star II. I didn't expect the origins of the series to be like this.

The Phantasy Star comparisons I can understand, but Star Ocean how?

Oh wow! Very nice of them to keep names and terms up to date and correcting as they go.

I dunno about you, but unless Falcom directly requested they de-localize the name or there's something in 3C's script that relies on this... It's stupid.

The only Zin in the world to me is this Zin.

saints-row-iv-zinyak.jpg

Oh well, gonna start a new run of Final Fantasy VI, starring Tina.

Nyoro SF

I dunno about you, but unless Falcom directly requested they de-localize the name or there's something in 3C's script that relies on this... It's stupid.

The only Zin in the world to me is this Zin.

Oh well, gonna start a new run of Final Fantasy VI, starring Tina.

Having played Zero and Ao, I can definitely think of a case where having Zane's real name, Zin, is important. I think it is a wise future proofing move to undo the choice to call him Zane. This ain't a self-contained thing, terms and names can have far reaching consequences in these games...

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Having played Zero and Ao, I can definitely think of a case where having Zane's real name, Zin, is important. I think it is a wise future proofing move to undo the choice to call him Zane. This ain't a self-contained thing, terms and names can have far reaching consequences in these games...

It would be kind of interesting if they were making way for the fan translation to use Zin if that ends up being important in those games.

Top Bottom