• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Kiseki / Trails (of the Sky/Zero/Ao/Sen/Etc) Community Thread: SPOILERTAGS OR DIE

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
On the upside, this should be applied in 3rd on day one, just like most(all?) of the improvements patched into FC were applied to SC on day one.
Yeah that's good to hear. Will we be able to skip cut scenes too? Still couldn't as of CS1, anyway. Kind of crazy, must make NG+ a total chore. Not that I'll ever bother with NG+ in those games, but the lack of cut scene skipping makes it an obvious "NOPE".

Yeah I do that, but that's a text acceleration, not a cut scene skip.

It works well enough that scene skip isn't necessary. I kinda prefer it as it allows me to skip scenes while being less attentive than having to manually skip consecutive scenes one by one as they load in.

Skipping S-Crafts is a cool feature I guess, but I feel that if you're using S-Crafts in FC/SC it's because you want to see them lol

On the upside, this should be applied in 3rd on day one, just like most(all?) of the improvements patched into FC were applied to SC on day one.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe 3rd already let you skip S-Craft animations. Which is probably why they were able to get that into FC and SC.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
It works well enough that scene skip isn't necessary. I kinda prefer it as it allows me to skip scenes while being less attentive than having to manually skip consecutive scenes one by one as they load in.

Skipping S-Crafts is a cool feature I guess, but I feel that if you're using S-Crafts in FC/SC it's because you want to see them lol
What? No. Some cut scenes take forever. If I decide to reload some save for whatever reason (or, hell, do NG+) and have to go through all that dialogue, even mashing the button isn't nearly fast enough, not to mention there's often long cut scenes where there's no dialogue and it just pans the camera about.

Plus the S-Craft are used for... winning battles? Of course we use them without necessarily wanting to see them.

Your post is honestly baffling.

less than 10
it said FINAL chapter right?
also i hope you have CS2 on hand, ready to play right after for reasons

Yeah doing the last dungeon now (or well I think it is). As for CS2, not yet, but it's on my Xmas wishlist at least...

What? No. Some cut scenes take forever. If I decide to reload some save for whatever reason (or, hell, do NG+) and have to go through all that dialogue, even mashing the button isn't nearly fast enough, not to mention there's often long cut scenes where there's no dialogue and it just pans the camera about.

I say, as someone who does do NG+ and the trophies in these games, it's not that bad lol

Plus the S-Craft are used for... winning battles? Of course we use them without necessarily wanting to see them.

I guess. I never really used them much in the Sora games because CP builds so slow. They aren't something that happened frequently enough to where I'd want to skip them.

I mean it's nice I guess, but what the Sora games really need is the ability to skip Arts animations if you really want to cut down battle times. Some animations are as long as S-Crafts almost and are cast much more frequently.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
CS1? CS2? I remember beating CS1 at night. I was going to just clear it and go to bed.

I... did not go to bed. I hope you're prepared.
CS1.
I cleared the "last dungeon" and killed the "last boss", or what I thought were those things. Did the festival, played the concert, danced, then heard the BIG NEWS from Crossbell. Then it just... continues.

Welp. No, I'm going to bed now and continuing this another time. >_<

duckroll

CS1.
I cleared the "last dungeon" and killed the "last boss", or what I thought were those things. Did the festival, played the concert, danced, then heard the BIG NEWS from Crossbell. Then it just... continues.

Welp. No, I'm going to bed now and continuing this another time. >_<

There's another good 2 hours left. Mostly cutscenes but also gameplay and battles. Lol.

Sarek

The new patches added different orbment line colors to TiTS... I hadn't even realized that those lines actually mattered. So basically all the septium fragments on the same color line are added up and you get arts based on that? And the central slot always starts/ends a line which is why some characters only have one color, and others multiple different colors because of the their different orb configurations?

The new patches added different orbment line colors to TiTS... I hadn't even realized that those lines actually mattered. So basically all the septium fragments on the same color line are added up and you get arts based on that?

Oh that's pretty cool

and yes that's basically how it works. I think on the right hand side there was always a box that displayed how many lines were in each orbment and how many fragments you currently had towards each element in each line.

And the central slot always starts/ends a line which is why some characters only have one color, and others multiple different colors because of the their different orb configurations

I'm....not sure about that.

I don't think there's any universal rule. Number of lines and element reserved slots have always just been character specific. Usually the type of element and the amount of lines sort of place characters into different roles.

Like Zane has his split into five lines so he can't cast high level arts really, and has Earth reserved slots because the game wants you to buff his defense and use him as a tank.

Or Kloe who has a single line so she can cast some pretty high level magic, but I believe she has 3 water reserved slots to since she's supposed to be the healer archetype of the group.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Always just dropping in with questions, always thankful for the people answering although I might sometimes forget to reply.

Since we're on Orbments what are the chances of them evolving that it CSIII once again?
What the history in Trails games of changes to that system?

Have changes been only between sagas?

Gu4n

Always just dropping in with questions, always thankful for the people answering although I might sometimes forget to reply.

Since we're on Orbments what are the chances of them evolving that it CSIII once again?
What the history in Trails games of changes to that system?

Have changes been only between sagas?
Master Quartz were introduced in Ao, so that's a fairly big change mid-arc. With Cold Steel they tried to make it more accessible and introduced the combat links, so that was the biggest change. I expect them to build on the combat links, and hope they dismiss the ARCUS orbment setup in favour of the old one in Sen III or the game after that.

Psxphile

INTRODUCING... the iOrbment&#8482;.

A revolution in orbal communications, data access, entertainment and real-world applications. With the iOrbment&#8482;, you can talk to other iOrbment&#8482; users in real-time from over 1500 selge away thanks to our new orbal wireless network and state-of-the-artes technology. Or perhaps you'd like to access a range of high-quality audio recordings and video programming from our iTracks&#8482; store using our unique and genre-defining Orbal-Touch interface? Would you rather listen in on local orbal radio programming? There's a quartz for that.

Nyoro SF

INTRODUCING... the iOrbment™.

A revolution in orbal communications, data access, entertainment and real-world applications. With the iOrbment™, you can talk to other iOrbment™ users in real-time from over 1500 selge away thanks to our new orbal wireless network and state-of-the-artes technology. Or perhaps you'd like to access a range of high-quality audio recordings and video programming from our iTracks™ store using our unique and genre-defining Orbal-Touch interface? Would you rather listen in on local orbal radio programming? There's a quartz for that.

Tokyo Xanadu 2 and Cold Steel 3 confirmed to be the same game.

If people are correct in their predictions, Sen III will be the biggest time leap in the series

So there'd be a narrative justification for Orbment changes at least

Bladelord Loewe

Neo Member
Source: https://www.facebook.com/XSEEDTrails/posts/1663538447004895:0

The Legend of Heroes: Trails Series - XSEED GAMES said:
Good morning! We've uploaded a few new patches to Trails in the Sky and Trails in the Sky Second Chapter on PC over last week, with details on what was implemented (including the addition of a "skip S-Craft animation" feature!) below. As always, if you come across any issues, feel free to write all the details you can at support@xseedgames.com and we'll do our best to look into it. These updates are live on Steam, and GOG will also soon receive it as well, so please sit tight!
Trails in the Sky
- Added an option to the Options Menu for Orbment Style; this allows the player to use colored Orbment lines like in all later games and more recent versions. This is much more convenient and easy to understand than the game's classic implementation.
- Three styles are provided: the original single-colored style from the Japanese PC release, a basic colored style that keeps the original aesthetic largely intact, and a style that is more similar to later games.
-Slightly rearranged the Options Menu to put the voice toggle with the rest of the sound options.
- Added an indicator for the default volume levels in the Options Menu, similar to SC and later.
- Updated Arts and Crafts descriptions to standardize them and fix some oversights.
- Fixed a couple of minor typos in item descriptions.
- Fixed a long-standing bug where menu descriptions could mysteriously go missing when moving between sections of the in-game main menu.
- Completely revamped the Monster Guide on a code level, which gave it a lot of improvements under the hood. Outdated names and descriptions have been fixed, the layout has been cleaned up, and text will no longer appear misaligned. Status resistance display will also no longer appear glitched when there is a certain number of resistances. Additionally, area labels will look slightly cleaner now, and the arrows on the side of the Guide window will slightly move to acknowledge highlighting. The last boss' page in the guide has a slightly altered layout. Additionally, a couple of minor ease-of-use improvements were made to allow the Monster Guide to flip cleanly between the first and last monster entries when using the mouse. Lastly, boss names will consistently appear in red in FC as they do in SC.
- Implemented S-Craft animation skipping. This can be triggered through use of the cancel button, whatever it may be. On keyboard, this defaults to the Escape key. On mouse, this defaults to Right Click. When triggered, the screen will go dark briefly, and then the S-Craft's effects will immediately resolve without further lengthy animation. Any bugs with battle animations or skipping should be reported.
- The information display window for enemies in battle has been massively revamped. It should now appear cleaner, better aligned, and easier to read. This should also bring more consistency between how information is displayed for certain monsters.
- Some fixes have been made to the game's graphics engine to hopefully prevent the game from choosing the wrong color depth when running in full screen display modes.
- An obscure bug has been fixed in which using a combination of mouse and keyboard or gamepad to open the in-game main menu in quick succession could result in the menu bar disappearing, potentially resulting in an inescapable soft lock.

Trails in the Sky Second Chapter
- Implemented a lot of minor changes and corrections to dialogue throughout the game.
- Slightly rearranged the Options Menu to put the voice toggle with the rest of the sound options.
- Updated Arts and Crafts descriptions to standardize them and fix some oversights.
- Fixed a couple of minor typos in item descriptions.
- Fixed a long-standing bug where menu descriptions could mysteriously go missing when moving between sections of the in-game main menu.
- Completely revamped the Monster Guide on a code level, which gave it a lot of improvements under the hood. Outdated names and descriptions have been fixed, the layout has been cleaned up, and text will no longer appear misaligned. Status resistance display will also no longer appear glitched when there is a certain number of resistances. Additionally, area labels will look slightly cleaner now, and the arrows on the side of the Guide window will slightly move to acknowledge highlighting. Some bosses' pages in the guide have a slightly altered layout. Additionally, a couple of minor ease-of-use improvements were made to allow the Monster Guide to flip cleanly between the first and last monster entries when using the mouse.
- Implemented S-Craft animation skipping. This can be triggered through use of the cancel button, whatever it may be. On keyboard, this defaults to the Escape key. On mouse, this defaults to Right Click. When triggered, the screen will go dark briefly, and then the S-Craft's effects will immediately resolve without further lengthy animation. Any bugs with battle animations or skipping should be reported.
- The information display window for enemies in battle has been massively revamped. It should now appear cleaner, better aligned, and easier to read. This should also bring more consistency between how information is displayed for certain monsters.
- Some fixes have been made to the game's graphics engine to hopefully prevent the game from choosing the wrong color depth when running in full screen display modes.
- A certain character near the end of the game can now correctly wear gender-restricted equipment.
- Several bugs related to Estelle's EXP when starting a new game while loading Clear Data have been fixed.
- Fixed an issue where a white square would occasionally appear in place of a "Now Loading" sprite.
- Fixed an issue where Kevin would get an accidental haircut on the top of his battle portrait when suffering from critical health.
- The tabs in the Bracer Book will now appear much sharper when HD Assets are enabled.
- Retry Offset feature should now work correctly in all situations and for all users.
- The "Baby, Come Back" achievement related to treasure chests is now completely fixed.
- Fixed an issue where Estelle's portrait in the menu could appear incorrectly when HD Assets are disabled.
P.S. Have an in-progress screenshot from Trails in the Sky the 3rd as thanks for your patience. Things are progressing well!

Sorry I didn't post the entire patch notes to begin with but I was a little busy. All of this love and attention to detail XSEED is devoting to the Trails series, even now after an entire year has passed since Trails SC released just shows me that we have great, great things to look forward to.

I highly recommend if you all haven't yet, please like their page I linked above on Facebook and show them your love and support because they do reply, and have replied to me personally after I thanked them for bringing over CS2.

Praying to Aidios for Zero/Ao announcement.

- Fixed an issue where Kevin would get an accidental haircut on the top of his battle portrait when suffering from critical health.

His grassy mane must not have remained shorn!

Seriously, this is long-term support to support here.

Psxphile

Nice to hear they fixed the SC new game plus exp glitch. It didn't just affect Estelle, though... everyone who was a party member in FC was affected. Completely screwed over the veterans during my second run: they kept their end-of-SC levels and 'exp-to-next-level-up' totals but their actual experience points reverted to what they had when starting a normal new game. Which meant they needed a whole playthrough's worth of experience points just to gain one level, and due to their already high levels everything save the final chapter gave piddling experience.

yea im really hoping for a Zero/Ao announcement myself

everytime i hear some cool shits going down in Crossbell im like Whats happening tell me dammit
the fan translation is proceeding smoothly and should still be for Dec, but that still leaves Ao -_-

Slashlen

Nice to hear they fixed the SC new game plus exp glitch. It didn't just affect Estelle, though... everyone who was a party member in FC was affected. Completely screwed over the veterans during my second run: they kept their end-of-SC levels and 'exp-to-next-level-up' totals but their actual experience points reverted to what they had when starting a normal new game. Which meant they needed a whole playthrough's worth of experience points just to gain one level, and due to their already high levels everything save the final chapter gave piddling experience.

This is that glitch? I had just assumed it was something else. I just went from "Cool" to "WTF that took a year?".

Psxphile

I suddenly feel like playing FC and SC again.

Was this your plan, XSEED?

EDIT: Doesn't say if they addressed the Chapter 6 lock glitch when you activate the rising barriers.

This is that glitch? I had just assumed it was something else. I just went from "Cool" to "WTF that took a year?".

Er... I think? Patch notes don't say anything about loading FC clear data for a NG+, which is what causes the problem.

Slashlen

Er... I think? Patch notes don't say anything about loading FC clear data for a NG+, which is what causes the problem.

I remember a glitch from the initial release that had the effect of what you said, that the xp reset on NG+. IIRC there were warnings in the OT about it. I had put off my second run through it because of that, but hadn't really followed up on it. I never imagined it would take them a year to fix something like that, if this is that bug.

preta

yea im really hoping for a Zero/Ao announcement myself

everytime i hear some cool shits going down in Crossbell im like Whats happening tell me dammit
the fan translation is proceeding smoothly and should still be for Dec, but that still leaves Ao -_-

I wouldn't put too much faith in the Zero fan translation. Their project lead disappeared a while ago, and as far as we've seen, the quality of the translation and writing ranges from decent at best to downright terrible at worst.

Young Magus

I wouldn't put too much faith in the Zero fan translation. Their project lead disappeared a while ago, and as far as we've seen, the quality of the translation and writing ranges from decent at best to downright terrible at worst.

Wait what have we seen?

Only thing Ive seen is the title menu

Holy shit lol.

Glad I waited on SC replay

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Well, just saw the credits of CS1. But I'm not even sure if it's really over, because, with this game, you never know anymore xD

Damn you Crow!

I mean if Xseed said it would NEVER happen and there was a c grade translation for zero and ao I think most of us would deal with the c grade translation.

It depends really. If it was some junk translation like Nayuta then I wouldn't bother. I don't trust lower quality fan translations not to be machine translations prettied up.

I mean if Xseed said it would NEVER happen and there was a c grade translation for zero and ao I think most of us would deal with the c grade translation.

In that case, I might just wind up biting the bullet on the Evolution versions if we were told it would never happen.

It's not the way I would really want to experience the games for the first time, but at least with full voice acting it would probably be a workable way for me to get through them.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
So I need to process this, but... Quick and dirty, if anyone cares:

+ Soundtrack (overall better than TitS, especially battle themes)
+ World-building
+ Combat (though it's too easy, I'll definitely play CS2 on Hard)
+ Decent character development
+ Overall plot is pretty epic
+ Non-school stuff is generally fun

- School stuff is generally zzz
- Pacing. Oh my god that pacing. COME ON
- Lame sidequests for the most part, especially during school stuff
- Too many terrible anime cliches
- Creepy moments (like the pervy granddad creeping on UNDERAGE girls, and somehow it's funny?)
- Inconsistent cast; some are cool, most are boring, some are awful
- Performance kind of sucks for a Vita game on PS3
- Mediocre VA for the most part. Some of the girl's voices are absolutely grating

And the biggest sin of them all...
- Not enough
Olivier/Olivert
, and he's too serious for the most part :(

Combat links between more than 2 characters.

That'd leave someone out lol

I think there's potential to expand Overdrive. It'd be cool to have a party wide super mode

Honestly the Nayuta one isn't that bad. If they could have someone knowledgeable about the series edit it or something it'd definitely be better than nothing

but like I said before holding onto this hope until I breathe my last

Top Bottom