• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Jedi: Vice Admiral Holdo action figure on clearance

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

What a deal for one of General Leia's Closest Friends.

YxzEOGE.png

Includes empowerment potato sack and condescending smirk accessories! Plus special issue battlefield high heels. Recreate your favorite scenes of withholding plans from your troops during a desperate life and death battle, and punishing the heroes for not blindly trusting you!

l5Qz18F.jpeg

rpd21fN.jpeg

cxOwPyd.jpeg

veNPdTA.jpeg

:messenger_ghost:

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hahahahahahahahahaha

I fucking hated this shit charactee

Their problem is they keep making figures for completely unlikeable/uncool characters. No doubt they green bald bitch and the witches from Acolyte are gonna get merch too - nobody wants it.
Disney would have to give Lucas money when a Han Solo or Luke Skywalker figure is sold, which I strongly believe is why all the older characters were either killed, ruined, or otherwise "retired." All they have now are their new characters, which they didn't respect either.

RagnarokIV

Battlebus imprisoning me \m/ >.< \m/
Vice Admiral Holdo' is an amazing action figure
Reviewed in Canada on April 9, 2019

As a huge fan of collecting the various female action figures in the Star Wars: Black Series action figure 6" line, I was thrilled to hear Holdo was being added to the series. I was even more happy when mine arrived. The computer-scanned image of Laura Dern's face makes for a dead-on likeness of the celebrated actress. I love her lavender outfit with the sheath material overlay & her plastic cape attachment (super detailing), plus Holdo's signature purple hair (with the head piece) is incredibly well done. Although some fans of the Star Wars series didn't like 'The Last Jedi', I definitely enjoyed it; and especially Holdo. Her sacrifice to save Leia and the other's is one of my favourite screen moments in the entire film series. One major plus with the newer installations to the Star Wars mythology is that women, finally, get to be reflected back to the audience with more variance, and in greater numbers. Trust me no one is a bigger fan of Carrie Fisher's leia than I am, but the newer generations of Star Wars fans get something I didn't in my youth ...a chance to see a multitude of strong women in the franchise, not just one. The addition of Laura Derns' Vice Admiral Holdo to the action figure line is a definite win for me, personally. I thought she was a strong, brave, complex & ultimately fearless leader of the resistance. I even bought a 2nd one of these for a good friend. I feel it's important to aid in the sales of female character toys (maybe one day we'll finally get a 6" Oola action figure for 'The Black Series' line?. One can pray.

Doom85

Disney would have to give Lucas money when a Han Solo or Luke Skywalker figure is sold, which I strongly believe is why all the older characters were either killed, ruined, or otherwise "retired." All they have now are their new characters, which they didn't respect either.

Actually, Harrison Ford wanted Han dead since Return of the Jedi, he was told no because Lucas said, “dead Han doesn’t sell figures”. I guarantee you the only way they got him to agree to come back for 7 was if he died in it. He has made it very clear in interviews he doesn’t think much of Han compared to his other series roles like Indy or Deckard.

Burning Blade

Gold Member
They have had about 200 of these figures at our local Ollie’s discount store for over a year now. Actually bought one as a gag gift for my brother in law last Christmas. Don’t imagine they will even run out.

ReBurn

Gold Member
A souvenir from the train wreck that was The Last Jedi, a movie about how men are petulant fools and whimpering cowards that need strong women to fix them.

SDCC is going on right now, and Hasbro has shown their Acolyte figures there which they're apparently preparing for release. Those will probably be clogging up store shelves next. Seems they haven't learned from previous mistakes.

near

Gold Member
Vice Admiral Holdo, in the movies is the perfect parallel to Kathleen Kennedy managing Star Wars.
Incompetent, arrogant and utterly unlikeable.
Considering she has produced almost every Spielberg film since ET, incompetent might be a little harsh.

winjer

Gold Member
Considering she has produced almost every Spielberg film since ET, incompetent might be a little harsh.

That speaks volumes to the competency of Spielberg, that he still managed to make some of the best movies ever.
Considering what she has done with the biggest franchise in the world, the term incompetent fits perfectly.

highly doubt she was involved in any artistic decisions in any of the spielberg's films. Producers are basically project managers or coordinators. You can be good at it and still be creatively bankrupt.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
The lightspeed ramming retroactively breaks the premise of pretty much every space battle in SW. Why does nobody use that tactic again? I am sure there’s a hundred youtube videos about it, but as a casual viewer its inexplicable.

It looked cool though and the decision to cut the sound at that point was a good one. Probably the best little scene in the sequel trilogy.

Lunarorbit

What a deal for one of General Leia's Closest Friends.

YxzEOGE.png

Includes empowerment potato sack and condescending smirk accessories! Plus special issue battlefield high heels. Recreate your favorite scenes of withholding plans from your troops during a desperate life and death battle, and punishing the heroes for not blindly trusting you!

l5Qz18F.jpeg

rpd21fN.jpeg

cxOwPyd.jpeg

veNPdTA.jpeg

:messenger_ghost:
I had to go back and look at her outfit after your potatoe sack comment. Shit was cracking me up.They butchered her dress with whatever that material is. Why didn't they just use satin?

TheLastJedi5a204fd5ef10e-e1513012782109.jpg

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
The lightspeed ramming retroactively breaks the premise of pretty much every space battle in SW. Why does nobody use that tactic again? I am sure there’s a hundred youtube videos about it, but as a casual viewer its inexplicable.

It looked cool though and the decision to cut the sound at that point was a good one. Probably the best little scene in the sequel trilogy.

It was an admittedly cool AF scene but as you said completely renders capital ships and even the death star battles as utterly irrelevant and breaks the previous movies as all you need is a bunch of old junk ships piloted by droids hyper spacing into fecking star destroyers, it was a massive oversight and just goes to show the utter distain these new wave directors have for the franchise

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
If you're on the fence about Laura Dern, you need to immediately watch David Lynch's Wild at Heart.

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
"Let's run away from the bad guys and hope we don't run out of gas" while the bad guys who could easily overtake them just follow because they don't want to run out of lasers.

The worst idea in history to make a SW movie about running out of fuel. And people profiting off of war. What a stupid propaganda film.

Top Bottom