• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

I gotta say, one of the most awesome things I've found so far about having this game is that I can now play it on my Vita.

but damn do dark scenes look terrible on my tv, dunno what ND did to the gamma settings but contrast dissapears once the scene goes dark

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
They are, but you can't max out all of your shit in one playthrough.

And the gear and vitamin amounts slightly vary between difficulties.
I thought he was referring to a Survivor run followed by a Survivor+ run. You can do it in two. I did on PS3.

So if I lower the difficulty from Survivor to Hard, will I still get the trophy for beating the game on Hard? I haven't played through this game since it first came out on PS3 so unfortunately I still need those Melee Prompts or I'd just play the game on Survivor.

I know Naughty Dog loves mass murdering protagonists, but I don't know what's more depressing: an army of dudes actively trying to kill a 14yo girl or that they're failing at doing so.
Also Ellie's hearing ability sucks, right? Can't detect anyone. I stopped enjoying playing as her when stealth knifing enemies just took too long and made too much noise.

The hearing mechanic shouldn't even exist in the first place, this post confuses me.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
The beginning of the plant on grounded almost drove me crazy.

I still think you did pretty good though.
I think flanking around the left side of the bridge area was definitely the right strategy. I did the same thing too, along with letting my AI buddies do a lot of the work lol

But man, how you handled the
ranch house
enemies was pro as fuck. Aggressive stealth from beginning to end, then ending it by taking a human shield and shooting the other dude.

It was also kinda cool when you ran downstairs during the first infected encounter at
the University
. I've never seen Ellie back you up like that by shooting through the gate before. Neat!

Pretty entertaining stream, dude. You really know what you're doing!

Oh jesus, on Grounded mode it doesn't checkpoint after you start the generator. ;-;

It doesn't really checkpoint much at all. So prepare yourself. Grounded mode is a blast though. After beating survivor+ I thought I had pretty much mastered the single player. Just at the end of winter now and having a pretty damn good time.

Thank gosh, the bloater cloud got me as I shut the door but the game was generous and had placed a checkpoint.

It doesn't really checkpoint much at all. So prepare yourself. Grounded mode is a blast though. After beating survivor+ I thought I had pretty much mastered the single player. Just at the end of winter now and having a pretty damn good time.

Yeah, it's been tough so far but I think the big combat area before the E3 demo is the hardest in the game(outside of the
cabin
later on) so I should be good at this point. Basement just is tough emotionally, so I'm glad to be through with it :p

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Setting the rgb to limited has done wonders for the image. Dark areas look like they should now. Thanks again whoever pointed that out.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Did you have it on automatic before? Maybe I should try doing so as well.

Yeah, auto. Last night I was going crazy fiddling with settings because the dark areas looked greyish. It just looked like shit. I switched to limited and already from the pause menu I could tell it was fixed. Made a huge difference, try it.

Turns out the rgb full setting messes with this game's gamma.

EekTheKat

I can't remember if the PS3 version was like this but, Joel's movement in this game feels wrong. He seems to be constantly colliding with invisible objects and adjusting himself if I don't move him like a tank. Right stick to point where he's going, forward on left stick to move him forward.

Collision is probably the wrong word - it seems to be something like two animations wanting playing simultaneously and Joel gets kind of "stuck" in between. Sidestepping or diagonal movement seem to cause this a lot.

I still think you did pretty good though.
I think flanking around the left side of the bridge area was definitely the right strategy. I did the same thing too, along with letting my AI buddies do a lot of the work lol

But man, how you handled the
ranch house
enemies was pro as fuck. Aggressive stealth from beginning to end, then ending it by taking a human shield and shooting the other dude.

It was also kinda cool when you ran downstairs during the first infected encounter at
the University
. I've never seen Ellie back you up like that by shooting through the gate before. Neat!

Pretty entertaining stream, dude. You really know what you're doing!

I really appreciate you sticking around and the compliments, I almost thought about giving up at the beginning and just playing again another time but I'm happy I stuck through. I'm surprised how well I'm doing since I've only played through the story twice and haven't touched it since I beat survivor well over a year ago. Next up is what I like to call the gauntlet and one of the harder fights of the game. I can only hope enemies are not too greedy and just cut me a break with dropping ammo.

I can't remember if the PS3 version was like this but, Joel's movement in this game feels wrong. He seems to be constantly colliding with invisible objects and adjusting himself if I don't move him like a tank. Right stick to point where he's going, forward on left stick to move him forward.

Collision is probably the wrong word - it seems to be something like two animations wanting playing simultaneously and Joel gets kind of "stuck" in between. Sidestepping or diagonal movement seem to cause this a lot.

I've noticed this too. I've seen him not respond to button commands as well. Seems intermittent but it does happen.

So whats this glitch about new game plus? I'm doing a normal run at the moment but thinking of doing a second playthrough on survivor or grounded.Not sure which is best though tbf! i dont fancy doing new game plys again on normal then ANOTHER playthrough on survivor/grounded!

Top Bottom