• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

Vire

The conversation trophy is fucking fucked. On the end of my hard plus run now and (Spring Spoiler)
Ellie won't stop by the airplane advert on the bus
. Tried various methods. Ain't happening.

Fix this shit. That's a great convo tidbit we 're missing out on.
That sucks, it worked for me just fine on my grounded play through. Must be a bug.

I beat grounded.
Does grounded remove the huge infected battle in the tunnel right before the hospital end game? I could have sworn there were bloaters in that area. I only had to fight 3-4 runners.

Now I'm certain that this is a major bug. This happened to me on my first playthrough on the ps3(normal difficulty). After I finished the game I watched a gameplay of that section on youtube and I remember not having all those enemies when I played it. I played through the game again same difficulty and that time they were all there.

JLeack

Banned
What do you mean it's not? What's not?

On a side note, my current fix for the time being is this.

For the overly dark gamma areas of the game.
VT65 HDMI mode set to RGB Full, with Gamma set to 2.6. PS4 also set to RGB Full.
This gets rid of black crush but retains some of that shadow depth and punch.

For the overly light gamma areas of the game.
VT65 HDMI mode set to RGB Normal, with Gamma set to 2.4. PS4 set to RGB Full.
This darkens up the overly washed out segments of the game, but doesn't crush blacks.

Thank you very much! I'll try this now.

What do you mean it's not? What's not?

On a side note, my current fix for the time being is this.

For the overly dark gamma areas of the game.
VT65 HDMI mode set to RGB Full, with Gamma set to 2.6. PS4 also set to RGB Full.
This gets rid of black crush but retains some of that shadow depth and punch.

For the overly light gamma areas of the game.
VT65 HDMI mode set to RGB Normal, with Gamma set to 2.4. PS4 set to RGB Full.
This darkens up the overly washed out segments of the game, but doesn't crush blacks.

You said its nice not consistant. I agreed and said its not.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I beat grounded.
Does grounded remove the huge infected battle in the tunnel right before the hospital end game? I could have sworn there were bloaters in that area. I only had to fight 3-4 runners.
Same thing happened to me on my survivor run on PS3.

MrMephistoX

Can't believe I held out this long considering how powerfully good this game is: intro ranks up there in gaming's most emotional moments of all time for me
especially since I have a daughter

Fracas

#fuckonami
Before I started this again, I was worried I wouldn't enjoy another run; that knowing what was going to happen would dampen the whole experience.

Noooooooooooope

Just finished
the sewer hideout... "they didn't suffer" got me again. Jesus

What a game. I still don't understand how Naughty Dog went from Uncharted to this.

Was mentioned earlier in the thread, but not being able to pick up soldiers weaponry seems out of context with the whole survivor/scavenger motif. Plus killing a clicker and then having them conveniently drop ammunition, also spoils the mood. Guess it's just accepted video game tropes and probably doesn't bother others.

Otherwise, early on, at bills and enjoying myself so far. The early sections recalled half life 2's opening atmosphere for me.

Cloudy

Banned
Plus killing a clicker and then having them conveniently drop ammunition, also spoils the mood

I'm sure many people are carrying ammo when they got infected.

I agree with the thing about soldiers, though. They could have had a cutscene where Joel gets a gun from them so he doesn't need another

Vire

Update your trophies. I haven't seen you playing all week.
New psn name: audioandy

My brother is using my old account, changed it for various reasons when I got a PS4. Send over a friend request, although I'm not huge on the multiplayer for TLOU.

GQman2121

Banned
Was mentioned earlier in the thread, but not being able to pick up soldiers weaponry seems out of context with the whole survivor/scavenger motif. Plus killing a clicker and then having them conveniently drop ammunition, also spoils the mood. Guess it's just accepted video game tropes and probably doesn't bother others.

Otherwise, early on, at bills and enjoying myself so far. The early sections recalled half life 2's opening atmosphere for me.

I have a bigger issue with the battles against the AI who seemingly have unlimited ammo, yet when downed, they drop two rounds or nothing at all. I would rather the humans drop magazines worth and the infected drop next to nothing. Let the player figure out a balance and make conservation decisions on how to proceed. That would be real survival horror.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Just finished Grounded. Jesus. Fucking. Christ. Shit was brutal in certain sections.

And no checkpoint at the last stage had me SHOOK. I didn't even realize till I got nearly done and noticed in the pause menu it had not saved for 38 minutes! I was cruisin' till I noticed that, and then started to take things much slower. I made it through without much trouble though. Would have been piiiiiiiiiissed if i died after playing that level for 38 minutes already.

I don't even want to look at my total death stat either. It has to be pushing 300+. No doubt. But fuck it, I made Grounded my bitch in the end. :)

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Took 20 hours, but I finally beat Grounded
As new Grounded Bros we must do the "I Just Beat Grounded Dance".

14568556640_772ac86fd5_o.gif

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
so....I pre-ordered the game thru psn store and im wondering where do I access all that dlc content??

Beatrix

Feels good to beat grounded. Took about 15 hours, same time as my collectible play through. Now onto that grounded + trophy...

OccamsLightsaber

Regularly boosts GAF member count to cry about 'right wing gaf' - Voter #3923781
Ending spoilers:
I just knew they were going to kill her. I just didn't anticipate that Joel would kill everyone including the doctors to get Ellie back alive. I reluctantly played that section and was gutted when he killed Marlene. I didn't realize that I was playing as a selfish, psychopathic old man until the final 30 mins. He doomed humanity so that he could live out his years with someone that could replace his daughter. It's not that I don't understand why he couldn't let her go, I just angry that he didn't for the sake of humanity. Ellie definitely wanted her death to mean something and Joel stole it from her.

Nafai1123

Banned
Played for a few hours tonight. I feel so drained.

Got up to where you meet
the guy and his kid brother right before crossing the bridge at night. That boiler room scene where you are Ellie are separated was freaking me out. I ended up just booking it for the door after turning on the generator because FUCK THAT.

Playing on hard and I'm definitely struggling with resource management. I can't imagine what it's like playing on the harder difficulties. I always manage to scrounge my way through it though. Kinda wish the guys that were JUST FUCKING SHOOTING AT ME had some bullets on them.

viveks86

I don't think I'll ever complete this game. Busy taking pictures of random sculptures on the wall that people would rarely notice.

iWqf3nH45PDCq.jpg

Ending spoilers:
I just knew they were going to kill her. I just didn't anticipate that Joel would kill everyone including the doctors to get Ellie back alive. I reluctantly played that section and was gutted when he killed Marlene. I didn't realize that I was playing as a selfish, psychopathic old man until the final 30 mins. He doomed humanity so that he could live out his years with someone that could replace his daughter. It's not that I don't understand why he couldn't let her go, I just angry that he didn't for the sake of humanity. Ellie definitely wanted her death to mean something and Joel stole it from her.

He did not doomed humanity because it was never sure thing cure was even going happen ,Ellie did not want to die since she was talking about what she wanted to do afterwards .
If anything she had survivor's guilt since so many people die she said it can be for nothing but her dying was in no way certain they would be a cure .
Humanity can also reform for eg like tommy town and in TLOU it's not that monsters you should be afraid of it's the humans .

Grinchy

Banned
Left Behind was pretty, pretty, pretty good. I was a little surprised by its brevity but I enjoyed it quite a bit. I guess it's about time to replay this crazy game now. It's hard for me to get back into it because it's so depressing and stressful.

N-Forced

Neo Member
Anyone having issues with saved games being overwritten by the auto save? I've made multiple save files, went back to load them and then the game loads the auto save even tho I picked the save file I just made. Did this for all my save files, so now I got 3 files of the same save point.

Looking through the thread, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one having gamma issues. I played this on ps3 & remember thinking to myself, the game wasn't this dark. I had to do a few sections with my flashlight on or relying completely on my headphones for sound. Talk about tense.

I just got to Fall, does this problem continue?

ZServ

Ending spoilers:

You should do some more exploring in the last level. Ellie wasn't the only immune person.

Hurley

Why does the 30 fps mode feel so choppy? It feels like 20-25 fps and makes it really tough to look at.

Yeah I've noticed this too, wasn't sure if it was just the fact of switching from 60 to 30 on the fly would have something to do with it but it feels more choppy then the usual 30fps, at least that's how I feel when coming from Destiny and WD.

I should lock it at 30 then pop in WD then go back to TLOU and see if I notice it still.

Cloudy

Banned
I'm on hard too, deciding which upgrades to give weapon wise is tough.

I did both holsters, the rifle scope, increased range on the bow and clip rate on the pistol (Bill's safehouse upgrade)

I gotta say, maybe I got better at these types of game by playing Tomb Raider DE and Uncharted 2 right before this but Hard is not nearly as tough as Normal was for me last year lol

Marvel

could never
I did both holsters, the rifle scope, increased range on the bow and clip rate on the pistol

I gotta say, maybe I got better at these sorts of game by playing Tomb Raider DE and Uncharted 2 right before this but Hard is not nearly as tough as Normal was for me last year lol

I played the game on Normal last time and did ok, lots of parts to salvage. I'm doing ok on Hard but man it is fucking tense, I've also died a lot more and parts are kinda rare.

I have two holsters and I'm working on upgrading my bow and revolver xD loving playing this game again.

Ending spoilers:

This is how I saw the ending at first. It made me mad and I hated it. I started to hate the game then I began to think
would I sacrifice my own daughter for a CHANCE to save the world? At what point is the world no longer worth saving? Without love what is the purpose of living? I think the reason Joel snapped was the "greater good" is what stole his daughter. Now he's just supposed to let his ellie die for the same cause? Joel is broken, he's lost everyone he's ever loved and history is trying to repeat itself. Joel said Fuck that!
Besides, how the hell do you mass distribute a cure when society is that fractured. It's not the decision I would've made, but I can see why he made it.

Cloudy

Banned
I'm doing ok on Hard but man it is fucking tense, I've also died a lot more and parts are kinda rare.

I've been saving shivs for the doors and getting lots of drops that way. I also think the game is easier to play with a controller that's actually good unlike DS3 lol

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Got to the 2nd upgrade bench in Bill's town. What are the best strategies playing on hard?

I'm on hard and I go with my usual path: second holster for big guns, everything for shotgun, scope and clip size for rifle, bow, ignore pistols.

I forgot how satisfying head shots are with the rifle. I got one yesterday that was running at me and it felt glorious

Cloudy

Banned
then I began to think
would I sacrifice my own daughter for a CHANCE to save the world?

Seriously.
I don't get how that turned people off. The ENTIRE journey led up to that decision. The whole point of the story was finding things and people to live for in a hopeless situation

Marvel

could never
I've been saving shivs for the doors and getting lots of drops that way. I also think the game is easier to play with a controller that's actually good unlike DS3 lol

Yeah I'm using my Shivs on doors too.

DS4 really makes this game feel a lot better for sure, not missing as many shots this time due to DS3's loose sticks.

Top Bottom