• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

in grounded mode, is listen mode not available? as i just started my first play through of the game and started on grounded and i didnt get the tutorial for it, or for a few other things like how to chuck that bottle what you are told to do that later on

(I played the game on PS3)

milkham

in grounded mode, is listen mode not available? as i just started my first play through of the game and started on grounded and i didnt get the tutorial for it, or for a few other things like how to chuck that bottle what you are told to do that later on

(I played the game on PS3)

no super hearing in grounded

delume

Finished my first playthrough. Sublime,
my favourite part being end of autumn to winter, actually gave me some feels. Stumbling out of the university was so bleak.
I have started a new game + on easy to have a stress free collectathon. Then it is Left Behind and a full playthrough on Grounded. Really looking forward to that. Well done ND!

It is your brain adjusting. Plug in the PS3 and PS4 version in at the same time and switch between. It's the same.

The shock of going instantly from 60 to 30 is not good...

Doesn't mean 30 fps is unplayable though. Just not when there's a 60 fps option.

If you are you taking a small amount of time to change a game, its enough to reset your brain and view 30 fps as smoother. There are also differences in motion blur. Again, if you can switch between the PS3 and PS4(30) instantly, you will see it's the same.

None of this is correct. It's not my brain, I'm used to playing 30 FPS games and 60 FPS games, they are interchangeable for me.

The Last of Us is an issue to me. It's missing some major smoothing operations when it get's locked at 30 FPS, which was most likely removed or limited due to the targeted 60 FPS.

blastprocessor

The Amiga Brotherhood
I never played on PS3 but am enjoying the game on PS4. The 60 fps is just sublime, it's been rare to see any frame rate glitches.

I was hoping the 30 fps mode would have some top quality full screen motion blur (the higher quality shadows are wasted on my eyes) to really smooth the frame rate, l feel Naughty Dog have let the side down here and hope they patch it. As it stands the 30 fps mode is pointless and very jerky.

I'm liking how the story is progressing and i'm hooked, was playing the game till 3am yesterday. Liking the mix of zombies and humans, if it was a 100% zombie fest i'd be hating the game as it's not my cup of tea. I must admit there are some pretty scary moments in this game especially when you have clickers chasing you lol.

There's a pretty substantial difference in quality between cut scene and in game (lighting, motion blur), hope they can close the gap in the sequel.

Ran into a random bug. I'm not super far into the game:

At the graveyard. I strangled two zombies (Bill stabbed the other actually), then I went left to sneak up on another one that was a little further down the road. Joel curbstomped him, then the screen went black and a message came up "upgrade your melee weapon for a more brutal melee attack. Press X to continue". Then I press X, the zombie to the left is alive again, but the other two that I strangled are still dead

Wat

Not gamebreaking, just weird.

can't unsee

4489549-22918551-thumbnail.jpg

Morbo

When I click on concept art from the ingame menu I'm told to access them through the bonuses menu located on the main menu. The problem is there is no bonuses menu on the main menu. Is it locked until the main game is complete or is this a known issue? Because I don't remember it working that way on PS3.

At the graveyard. I strangled two zombies (Bill stabbed the other actually), then I went left to sneak up on another one that was a little further down the road. Joel curbstomped him, then the screen went black and a message came up "upgrade your melee weapon for a more brutal melee attack. Press X to continue". Then I press X, the zombie to the left is alive again, but the other two that I strangled are still dead

Wat

I ran into a bug in the later levels when you are playing as Ellie. I threw a brick at a human and ran at him, pressed triangle and when ellie went to jump and shiv the guy, he up and disappeared on me, then reappeared slightly to the left of where I landed and promply killed me.

I was pissed.

Wat

Ran into the exact same problem yesterday, I just restarted the encounter to be safe.

quick question guys,is left behind intertwined with the main story ? or do you have to quit out at a certain part in the story to start the dlc ?

The video settings puzzled me a bit with the Swedish translation. It literally says "display 3 frames per second", but they used the Swedish word for picture frame/mount and 3 not 30, so I was seriously looking for 3 mounts of something to adjust the picture, lol.
Not until I switched to English did I get that meant 30 fps. Felt pretty stupid, lol.

bombshell

When I click on concept art from the ingame menu I'm told to access them through the bonuses menu located on the main menu. The problem is there is no bonuses menu on the main menu. Is it locked until the main game is complete or is this a known issue? Because I don't remember it working that way on PS3.

Are you on patch 1.01?

camac002

None of this is correct. It's not my brain, I'm used to playing 30 FPS games and 60 FPS games, they are interchangeable for me.

The Last of Us is an issue to me. It's missing some major smoothing operations when it get's locked at 30 FPS, which was most likely removed or limited due to the targeted 60 FPS.

Do you have both versions available to you? I have said I tested both versions and switched between them ON THE FLY and they were essentially the same. There does seem to be some minor motion blur difference but the PS3 version was never high quality to begin with. It's still there on PS4 though.

I checked because I absolutely thought the same thing you did. Playing games on PC, I'm experienced with the spectrum of frame rates, and I thought the PS3 version was smoother than what I was seeing when switched to 30 on PS4. I didn't even think the input lag is close to that.

Switching directly from the PS4 60 mode straight to the PS3's 30 has the exact same effect. It feels like utter garbage for a little while, then you get used to it.

But it's GAF, and why would you care about empirical evidence when you have "feelings" and rely on 100% accurate human memory.

Even the Vita Remote Play could introduce some extra blur from the transmission. I suppose it all matters at 30.

In general though I agree that they should have added a better motion blur to 30, like Watch Dogs.

Zaki2407

Just replaced my 7 year old samsung 46" lcd with brand new toshiba 55" led monitor. Tried this game with it. Boy this game sure is pretty.

terrible

Banned
I switched between the PS4 version and PS3 version and to me they both feel the same at 30 FPS. The PS4 version seems to have little to no motion blur which makes it look choppy when moving the camera but that's just a visual thing.

I don't know if other people are experiencing a bug that actually is making the 30 fps mode bad with the Remastered game though. Thats a possibility.

JB1981

Fire the game up at 30fps first. Play for a while. It will feel normal. Than switch to 60fps and notice how weird it feels. Then go back to 30fps and it will seem like slow mo. Don't think there is anything technically wrong with 30fps it's just the sudden shock your brain feels at the difference

kubus

I finished the story on Grounded but missed a couple of collectibles. I know I can use chapter select to grab the stuff I missed and quit to the menu to have them count, but can I do this on every difficulty? I missed one collectible somewhere at the end of Winter and I REALLY don't want to do that fight all over again on Grounded D:

found my first skill pills on grounded in "downtown" after you open the 'blocked' door, and it was only 5 skill points :/ I think you are meant to find that one too.

have I missed any?

Left Behind along with Ballad Of Gay Tony , Undead Nightmare , Minerva's Den and Lair of the Shadow Broker is how DLC should be done.

are skill pills positions randomised? as i cant believe a game as popular as this and in a year since its been released doesnt seem to have a skill pills location guide

Hubb

I quite enjoyed it. What was lame about it?

I'm not the poster you quoted, and I did enjoy Left Behind. The part I found lame was
the last fight you had where there were at least 3-4 separate waves of enemies.

are skill pills positions randomised? as i cant believe a game as popular as this and in a year since its been released doesnt seem to have a skill pills location guide

No they aren't random. I don't know if there is a gamefaqs guide for it or what, but they did release a strategy guide which I assume has the position for everything.

MMaRsu

I quite enjoyed it. What was lame about it?

I thought it was very short and could have been so much more.

I think the Riley transformation could have been shown, and I thought it sucked a bit it was all in that mall. It's more like one small chapter and I was expecting a bit more.

Izcarielo

Banned
Welp, i was playing TLOU right now when my ps4 decided to reset and then when it restarted i find myself trapped in safe mode. FML

So I made a short TLoU gameplay video in the share factory and usually I upload these videos to a dummy facebook account. Download the video from facebook an upload the file to my youtube channel.
I thought this could be done easier so I tried to copy the video on a USB drive.
Turns out it takes almost to hours to copy a 800mb video file to a usb drive.
Why is that?

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
So I made a short TLoU gameplay video in the share factory and usually I upload these videos to a dummy facebook account. Download the video from facebook an upload the file to my youtube channel.
I thought this could be done easier so I tried to copy the video on a USB drive.
Why is that?
Must be a shitty USB-Stick, because it doesn't take that long for me.

Cudder

Started grounded mode last night. Got through the collapsed building encounter on my first try. I'm a pro. Come at me grounded.

rafaelr

Why is that?

yup, same here, copying to usb takes quite a while (1-2mins for just a 60MB clip, so i won´t even try any larger stuff). as soon as i plug the usb stick into any computer, reading/writing is way faster.

Top Bottom