• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
It was. And since my friend and I are in no hurry at the moment I'm going all the way to the credits.
cool. I've been watching off and on but might be able to catch the last section.

Also has anybody noticed a few weird glitches here and there? This has happened a few times but when you have a human enemy on the ground in the "beg for mercy" position I always mash the melee button but it doesn't do anything... Joel just stands there and the enemy gets up and attacks me. Am I doing something wrong in these situations?
Doesn't seem to be a glitch, it's most likely designed that way. You have to either throw a brick, or wait a couple seconds to aim your gun at a begging enemy. This guy's brick tutorial actually mentions that little quirk near the end.

Rixxan

cant believe you have to play that entire last area with one life on grounded mode - so awesome

anyway next up grounded+ run, now that i know the intricacies of the difficulty im going for less than 10 deaths, wish me luck

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
cant believe you have to play that entire last area with one life on grounded mode - so awesome

anyway next up grounded+ run, now that i know the intricacies of the difficulty im going for less than 10 deaths, wish me luck
My jaw dropped the first time I got taken all the way back. Fuckin brutal.

But the good thing it's deceptively simple.
The whole hospital can easily be stealth'd in less than 10 mins.

Good luck with Grounded+! Should be fun with all the upgrades.

Sheeeeeeeeeit.

I usually just stealth/run through that entire segment. God it's going to be a pain in the ass.
I can't wait.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
No way was i gonna stealth that last section afterr saving up so much ammo. I went Rambo on their asses and only had to start over twice, both times very early on.

The first section is really the only hard part. The amount of enemies seemed endless. There were points where I really thought they wouldn't stop coming...

My first time playing TLOU. First impression: AI is retarded.

I was whacking away at a clicker with a pipe, went in for the killing blow and Tess ran in between us and just stood there, making Joel not attack long enough for the clicker to grab and kill me.

Polygon review justified

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Honestly the only thing that pisses me off about Grounded and Survival is the lack of supplies for Shivs. I cleared every area in this game of enemies every time, scoured seemingly every corner, and I still didn't have enough parts for 3-4 out of the 13 shiv doors. Fucking bullshit.

There was nothing quit like getting to a shiv door and realizing you are only one scissor and/or tape part away from a full shiv. uggggggh

Catalix

lol @ giancarlo
YOU FUCKING ANIMAL!

Juice

How do I claim / get / find my digital preorder bonuses (bought on ps store)? It seems like it listed a lot of them but I don't seem to have anything.

ZServ

Honestly the only thing that pisses me off about Grounded and Survival is the lack of supplies for Shivs. I cleared every area in this game of enemies every time, scoured seemingly every corner, and I still didn't have enough parts for 3-4 out of the 13 shiv doors. Fucking bullshit.

There was nothing quit like getting to a shiv door and realizing you are only one scissor and/or tape part away from a full shiv. uggggggh

I've come to the startling realization that shiv doors are a goddamn waste on Survival and up.

You just don't get enough back for it to be worth it, seriously.

Hubb

I've come to the startling realization that shiv doors are a goddamn waste on Survival and up.

You just don't get enough back for it to be worth it, seriously.

There are certain doors that are better than others, and they always have the same things behind them. There are doors worth skipping, but not all of them.

Gibran7

I'm trying to play the tlou on a difficulty that's not too unreasonable but isn't too easy. Is hard the right difficulty to start with or normal?

I'm trying to play the tlou on a difficulty that's not too unreasonable but isn't too easy. Is hard the right difficulty to start with or normal?

I did my first playthrough on Hard and enjoyed it. Wouldn't call it unreasonable by any stretch. I was strapped to the gills like Rambo before long, but it was still more engaging than what I imagine a lower difficulty setting would be. My Remastered playthrough will be Survivor, so I'll see about that next.

nullpoynter

Am I the only one that thinks hard difficulty is easy? I remember my playthrough on normal being more difficult on the PS3. Maybe I just know what to expect now though.

Donos

Hard is good. And don't measure the game difficult on the first clicker encounter. That encounter is tricky but forces you to think a bit.

delume

I am about half way through my very first play-through and I chose Hard based on recommendations from this very forum. It has been excellent s far, a few challenging bits but not so challenging as to completely break you and rip you out of the narrative. Listening is something people recommended playing with it off but I have enjoyed being able to see enemy movement and understand what the AI Is doing behind the scenes. Already looking forward to my Grounded playthrough.

Am I the only one that thinks hard difficulty is easy? I remember my playthrough on normal being more difficult on the PS3. Maybe I just know what to expect now though.
I noticed that too so far on my hard playthrough, and I also only played Normal on the PS3 version. Think it's just because I'm more used to the mechanics and what to expect as well. That and the game feels much better control wise with the 60FPS and DS4 of course.

todd360

On my new game plus grounded run. About to reach the
high school.
I'm doing a lot better this time. Stuff that I kept dieing on I just skate through now. Must be the upgraded weapons and upgraded health keeping me alive.

Finished going through
the "Bill" section of the game
and a bit beyond. Blah, finally. One of my least favorite areas of the game. It's not all bad, but there are some really annoying parts to it. Like right before you get
into the Gymnasium, going through the school halls.
Jesus what a pain.

Hubb

Finished going through
the "Bill" section of the game
and a bit beyond. Blah, finally. One of my least favorite areas of the game. It's not all bad, but there are some really annoying parts to it. Like right before you get
into the Gymnasium, going through the school halls.
Jesus what a pain.

There may be some annoying parts, but I do love the back and forth between two characters in that section.

eLGee

Where in the menu is the Grounded documentary?

EDIT: Found it.

I do love the documentary and that it's included from the get-go, but one thing that pains me is that there's no way to pause or rewind it. I could just go online and watch it on youtube, but without subs.

I do love the documentary and that it's included from the get-go, but one thing that pains me is that there's no way to pause or rewind it. I could just go online and watch it on youtube, but without subs.

Just found out that there was no pause on accident. YouTube it is.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.

Really? I have been able to open every single Shiv door I've needed. As long as you ONLY make shivs you will have enough. I even wasted one on a clicker.

Friend of mine is having an issue currently. He said he having an issue while moving his character (whether it be in single player or multi-player) in which they will take a few steps, stutter step, few steps, stutter step, etc. This will happen when he is running or walking.

Anyone having a similar issue? I saw a couple posts on reddit mention this, but there doesn't seem to be a fix. I thought maybe it was a bad install but idk.

StuBurns

Banned
Up to the
Uni
, god damn this port is so so rad. Only really notable bug I've had so far was right near the start.

For all the talk of how well it'd run, it's been really fantastic, with the exception of the
horse riding
, which needed some work for sure.

leng jai

Friend of mine is having an issue currently. He said he having an issue while moving his character (whether it be in single player or multi-player) in which they will take a few steps, stutter step, few steps, stutter step, etc. This will happen when he is running or walking.

Anyone having a similar issue? I saw a couple posts on reddit mention this, but there doesn't seem to be a fix. I thought maybe it was a bad install but idk.

That sounds like a problem with the left stick on his controller. I have it too on one of mine, and it shows up in KZ4, Wolfenstein and Destiny too.

I had this problem, but Logging out and back in with the controller fixed it. It seems to happen when I play for a long time.

Odd glitch in the hotel:

BuFK0kdCYAAuWKz.jpg:orig

Gator86

Wow, the end of Left Behind is straight up bullshit on grounded. The enemies are omniscient for the most part. I killed one dude in a room off to the side with a stealth takedown and 2 dudes come running straight to me.

So glad I waited for the Remaster to play through Left Behind. I can't help but smile at these scenes, and everything looks so goddamn amazing and sharp.

moai

Left stick problem. Its not uncommon if you google it. Ps forums recommend resetting the controler, but it didnt work for me. Launch control died this way for me.

Jerkson

Banned
I just finished
winter. This is my third play through and once again Joel reuniting with Ellie brings me to tears. Then you start spring with Ellie looking at that deer on the concrete wall. Just brutal. Naughty Dog really accomplished something with this game. I can't name a movie that gives me those feels.

Hubb

Wow, the end of Left Behind is straight up bullshit on grounded. The enemies are omniscient for the most part. I killed one dude in a room off to the side with a stealth takedown and 2 dudes come running straight to me.

You can play left behind on grounded now? I know you couldn't on the PS3, nice that they added the option for PS4.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Yeah, I hate when the game pulls that shit. I'll stealth kill a bunch of guys but somehow dudes across the room, completely out of sight, know exactly where I am and then they rush me. The fuck out of here with that crap.

This was particularly egregious in Left Behind on grounded mode.

Gator86

You can play left behind on grounded now? I know you couldn't on the PS3, nice that they added the option for PS4.

It kind of ruins the experience. I loved it until the end but it's frustrating as fuck. I was lining up an arrow shot on an enemy a hundred yards to a guy's left with him looking 90 degrees away. I fire the shot, he immediately dashes backwards to matrix dodge the arrow, then spins and headshots me immediately.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
It kind of ruins the experience. I loved it until the end but it's frustrating as fuck. I was lining up an arrow shot on an enemy a hundred yards to a guy's left with him looking 90 degrees away. I fire the shot, he immediately dashes backwards to matrix dodge the arrow, then spins and headshots me immediately.
I couldn't believe they threw in
infected
at the very last minute too. It completely threw me for a loop and before I understood what was happening I was a goner. I was actually pretty fucking annoyed by that. Heh

Top Bottom