• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

Melchiah

Just finished the main game. It took me 20 hours during the course of 19 days, which is an hour more than my first normal run. Next to replay Left Behind.

I have a question though. I missed the 8th comic book, and some shiv door, so can I get the trophies via chapter select, or does the whole game need to be played through again? If the latter, I'll forget it.

Just finished the game having not played it since last fall. It was amazing again. So freaking good. The end of the game, it's just so good.

edit: Can someone answer for NG+. Do weapon upgrades / personal upgrades carry over on same difficulty / harder difficulty?

Superflat

Just finished the main game. It took me 20 hours during the course of 19 days, which is an hour more than my first normal run. Next to replay Left Behind.

I have a question though. I missed the 8th comic book, and some shiv door, so can I get the trophies via chapter select, or does the whole game need to be played through again? If the latter, I'll forget it.

You can get everything via chapter select. No need to playthrough the entire game again.

Just finished the game having not played it since last fall. It was amazing again. So freaking good. The end of the game, it's just so good.

edit: Can someone answer for NG+. Do weapon upgrades / personal upgrades carry over on same difficulty / harder difficulty?

NG+ lets you keep your weapon and pill upgrades. You can only play NG+ with the same difficulty mode you beat it on, but there's a glitch out there that lets you play NG+ on any difficulty even if you didn't complete it.

Just a quick note :

You can take screenshots of the promotional and concept art in the gallery. They'll make great wallpapers one day when Sony let's us use custom image backgrounds on the PS4

antitrop

Just a quick note :

You can take screenshots of the promotional and concept art in the gallery. They'll make great wallpapers one day when Sony let's us use custom image backgrounds on the PS4
God, the PS4's UI is so fucking terrible. I honestly can't believe it's as bad as it is a year after launch. I can't believe it launched as bad as it is. I just can't

Stoze

You can not only get them through chapter select, but immediately after you get them you can quit back to the main menu. No need to worry about saving or reaching a checkpoint.

Sinthor

Gold Member
Absolutely awesome game. I'm so glad I bought it again for the PS4. It might not technical be as good graphically as some more "native" PS4 games but the improvement is definite and noticeable, particularly in the performance of the game. Again, it's not like the PS3 version sucked or that it's performance was bad, but this is just smoother and quicker. There's absolutely NO slowdown at all in some segments of the game that there could sometimes be a very small slowdown in on the PS3. I noticed early on that the PS3 added a blur effect whenever you moved around quickly or did the 180 move and that was replaced on PS4 by a tight, precise, detailed view of EVERYTHING. No more blur on anything! Absolutely incredible and I've had even more fun playing this version.

psychotron

Second rage moment today.....
I was continuing my grounded run, fighting the huge attack of enemies that is followed by a bloater. Managed to kill everyone and the bloater. David says that's it and goes over to the edge where you hit triangle to trigger the cutscene. I get to the edge and a hunter comes from nowhere and bites me from behind. Grrrrr!!!!! Did finally get through it though.

I was continuing my grounded run, fighting the huge attack of enemies that is followed by a bloater. Managed to kill everyone and the bloater. David says that's it and goes over to the edge where you hit triangle to trigger the cutscene. I get to the edge and a hunter comes from nowhere and bites me from behind. Grrrrr!!!!! Did finally get through it though.

Easily the hardest part of the game on grounded. The rest of the game will feel a breeze.

mcfrank

That was he toughest part on my survivor run.

ChapaNDJ

Banned
it's amazing how much the game has changed in the transition from PS3 to PS4, it looks even more beautiful than the last gen version. Of course i kept both versions just because i love this game so much.

ZSPGNgK.jpg

However, i started playing it on ''Grounded'' difficulty and its getting really difficult as i progress. I've really had a hard time in many places. For example, escaping the area of the hotel in Pittsburg where there are a bunch of infected and a bloater, the part in the sewers where a gate falls which separates Joe and Henry from Sam and Joel, or the suburbs with the sniper.
Right now i'm at the abandoned laboratory in the university.

I finished it on survival on PS3 and it wasn't very hard, but ''Grounded'' takes it to a whole new level.

By the way, the game crashed 2 times with this error. What is this? Anyone else had this problem?

Hubb

By the way, the game crashed 2 times with this error. What is this? Anyone else had this problem?

An error has occured with an application or system software

Step 1: Close the application, install the latest system software and game update, and restart the system.

Step 2: If a PS Camera is connected to the system, remove it and reboot the system, then go to [Settings] > [User] > [Login Settings] and turn "Enable Face Recognition" OFF.

Step 3: If the error occurs again, back up your saved data, and then go to [Settings] > [Initialization] and choose [Initialize PS4].

That is what I found on the Sony support page. Might just be a generic "your game fucked up" problem.

U2NUMB

Taking my time with the game.. loving it. Only played an hour of it back on the PS3 but man is this game good..

I just got to this part
Meeting the guy and his boy, about to go over the bridge
... How far into the game am I?

I want to milk it and take my time...

Hubb

Taking my time with the game.. loving it. Only played an hour of it back on the PS3 but man is this game good..

I just got to this part
Meeting the guy and his boy, about to go over the bridge
... How far into the game am I?

I want to milk it and take my time...

You are 50% or around there.

When I went over
the bridge
I was at 54%.

ChapaNDJ

Banned

An error has occured with an application or system software

Step 1: Close the application, install the latest system software and game update, and restart the system.

Step 2: If a PS Camera is connected to the system, remove it and reboot the system, then go to [Settings] > [User] > [Login Settings] and turn "Enable Face Recognition" OFF.

Step 3: If the error occurs again, back up your saved data, and then go to [Settings] > [Initialization] and choose [Initialize PS4].

That is what I found on the Sony support page. Might just be a generic "your game fucked up" problem.
System has been updated 3 days ago when i upgraded to 1Tb, also i don't have a camera.
I'll just assume is a random error, if it happens again i will do step 3.
Thanks for the help. :)

Korten

Banned

I was stuck on the Bloater for so long... Until I realized if you fried at his red spots, he went down really quickly.

knitoe

Fuck.
Sam and Henry part gets me everytime.

On Grounded, after the traped door, run out, get the 2 clickers to come and kill them. Next run out a little further, do a U turn, and once I hear a stalker following, I run back to the start point room in front of the traped door. Wait for the stalker to run through the door way and melee it. Repeat for the rest of the stalkers (10 total?).

Finally finished this game for the first time tonight. I don't really have much to say except it was really damn good and I'm glad I gave it a second try after not really liking it on PS3. Now for the DLC!

knitoe

I'm stuck on the sniper part in grounded. Any tips?

From starting spot, run / move on the left side to the first house, climb through the window at front of that house, go up the stairs on your left, kill the guy coming down, go out to the back of the house pass the kitchen. As soon as you see guys coming, run back into the kitchen, use the island in the kitchen as cover and pick them off 1 by 1 (4 total). Now, run back outside the kitchen, move up, stop before the alley in front of the wooden fence and throw a smoke bomb so you can climb over the fence without getting snipe. Climb over the fence, run around the back and it should be clear to get through the back door of the sniper house. Make your way to the top floor, fight the sniper in the room and you should be in the next checkpoint.

Okay, what in the actual fuck @ playing on survivor difficulty?

I just got passed the
clicker infested graveyard in Bill's town
...after what I think was 6-7 attempts. I'm desperately trying to conserve ammo & supplies by sticking to three hit brick combos and throwing a brick + baseball swing melee weapon attack...but at one point I resigned myself to using a Molotov to dispatch 3-4 clickers in one go. I didn't see any other option.

In front of the
high school
, I decided there was really no way on earth I was going to be able to stealth my way through the runners, so I went full sprint through to get to
the top of the bus
, and then took care of them with my fists one at a time as they climbed up (kicking them off the
roof of the bus
was extremely effective for a one or two hit kill).

Now I'm inside said building and I stopped there last night...but what are my options for strategies? Bricks are an amazing way to conserve ammo and supplies when they're around...but when they're not? Do I just bite the bullet (no pun intended) and start using some ammo? I've saved up quite a bit for the coming
bloater fight in the gym
, but I also want to make sure I have at least a Molotov and a nail bomb for that section.

I underestimated just how hard it would be playing on Survivor. I've only completed the game on hard (on the PS3 version) up until this point.

GAF, unload on me with strategies for this beast.

knitoe

Okay, what in the actual fuck @ playing on survivor difficulty?

I just got passed the
clicker infested graveyard in Bill's town
...after what I think was 6-7 attempts. I'm desperately trying to conserve ammo & supplies by sticking to three hit brick combos and throwing a brick + baseball swing melee weapon attack...but at one point I resigned myself to using a Molotov to dispatch 3-4 clickers in one go. I didn't see any other option.

In front of the
high school
, I decided there was really no way on earth I was going to be able to stealth my way through the runners, so I went full sprint through to get to
the top of the bus
, and then took care of them with my fists one at a time as they climbed up (kicking them off the
roof of the bus
was extremely effective for a one or two hit kill).

Now I'm inside said building and I stopped there last night...but what are my options for strategies? Bricks are an amazing way to conserve ammo and supplies when they're around...but when they're not? Do I just bite the bullet (no pun intended) and start using some ammo? I've saved up quite a bit for the coming
bloater fight in the gym
, but I also want to make sure I have at least a Molotov and a nail bomb for that section.

I underestimated just how hard it would be playing on Survivor. I've only completed the game on hard (on the PS3 version) up until this point.

GAF, unload on me with strategies for this beast.

Even on Grounded, the bloater fight is not that hard. You can let Bill do most of the damage. Once the fight starts, I throw the nail bomb, hide behind the high crates on the left. Once the bloater throws is aoe shit, I run to the other side and punch to death 1/2 infected. Then, jet back to other side to punch to death the other infected. Now, I can either help damaging the bloater or let Bill do all the work. I just have to make sure to hide and avoid his throw aoe.

As for the area before the bloater, you can use your ammo. Conserve some by using throw bottle / brick, grab and takedown on the non ticker infected.

First time playing this game and upto the part near the end? Where
Joel is sick and Im playing Elle by herself. That part where those hunter guys are chasing her is fantastic.

Perfec7_

Neo Member
First time playing this game and upto the part near the end? Where
Joel is sick and Im playing Elle by herself. That part where those hunter guys are chasing her is fantastic.

You've still got a bit to go. The game stays that consistently good as as well.

Damn...Left Behind spoilers

I love how
there are sections with both infected and hunters. Forcing them to confront each other and throwing bombs into the chaos is very satisfying. I'm at the part where you have to fight 8 or 9 guys in the mall, only to fight a whole new group after they're dead. But it doesnt matter because Ellie+bow=dead hunters

DrM

Redmond's Baby

At least once every chapter, it was worse towards the game..like stalking an enemy and then bam, this error message

also, good thing that they included Left behind DLC, because it is not worth 15 € as they charged for PS3 version.

Even on Grounded, the bloater fight is not that hard. You can let Bill do most of the damage. Once the fight starts, I throw the nail bomb, hide behind the high crates on the left. Once the bloater throws is aoe shit, I run to the other side and punch to death 1/2 infected. Then, jet back to other side to punch to death the other infected. Now, I can either help damaging the bloater or let Bill do all the work. I just have to make sure to hide and avoid his throw aoe.

As for the area before the bloater, you can use your ammo. Conserve some by using throw bottle / brick, grab and takedown on the non ticker infected.

This is good advice. Might take forever, though, waiting for that certain someone to come through with doing the damage for me.

Gekidami

Banned
I had a nail bomb and Molotov that I refused to use until he showed up.

1 Molotov + 3 or 4 close range shotgun blasts = 1 dead Bloater on Grounded. Seeing as i always saved shotgun & Molotovs, at no point on my Grounded run did a Bloater cause me trouble. I think i only got killed by one once because i didnt pay attention to where it was when i went round a corner.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I assume chapter select wont work for playthrouogh trophies..as in I can just go to new game plus last chapter and get it?

As in, just replay the last chapter and hope to get them? Nope, no Wolfenstein-TNO'ing your way through this :) Chapter select only works for collectibles

hew9753

Playing on Grounded is making me wonder how I ever died in this game on my Normal and Hard play-throughs. Having to get creative with enemy encounters due to low resources really highlights how easily the AI patterns can be exploited. On the Financial District area with Henry and Sam, I mostly just hung back and let Henry shoot or punch it out with enemies, only intervening long enough to break and enemy's hold on Henry if necessary. In the area right before the
gate with the spotlight, I let would let myself get spotted to draw an enemy then run back into the stairwell because enemies would not pass that doorway. Either Henry would take them out or I could easily do a takedown as soon as they start to walk away.

Same thing in the sequence outside of the hotel when Ellie is sniping. I just ran to the right into the cafe, went upstairs and across to the next building. Took out the sniper and hid in the room where the windows are the only way in. Most times only one enemy will jump through the window and there's a desk right there to hide behind and sneak around to choke them out. Rinse and repeat.

It feels both very satisfying and very cheap.

Turrican2

Just finished it for the first time yesterday (in two days - couldn't move away from my PS4 while playing).
I am blown away.
Brilliant character development, great set pieces, perfect OST and 60fps smooth graphics. Can't believe that it almost looked as good on the PS3 as on the PS4 now.
These ND wizards...

Now it's time for Left behind.
Are there any signs of more SP DLC to come?

Mogwai

Just finished it for the first time yesterday (in two days - couldn't move away from my PS4 while playing).
I am blown away.
Brilliant character development, great set pieces, perfect OST and 60fps smooth graphics. Can't believe that it almost looked as good on the PS3 as on the PS4 now.
These ND wizards...

Now it's time for Left behind.
Are there any signs of more SP DLC to come?
It will probably be called TLoU2 if we get more content from that franchise.

Top Bottom