• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

ZeroX03

Banned
I managed to stealth the whole
Tunnel section with the three bloaters, it wa san intense experience creeping passed them all, just needed to take out one runner with an arrow. Hospital hallway isnt too tough, but then i suppose it depends on how many bullets you have

Yeah that finally hallway it's pretty easy to get sight of most enemies without getting hit yourself, the helmets stopping headshots are the most annoying things. You can pick off half from the entrance. Assuming you have ammo.

I'm almost there!!!
On my Grounded run, just cleared the tunnel with multiple bloaters, clickers and stalkers. Unfortunately I had to use a bomb and the molotov I was saving for the final hospital hallway, so I'm nervous as hell about how I'm going to get through that section. Help me Gaf!

You can
sneak through the hospital. I used a smoke bomb for the last section which allowed me to get through the door. Other than that I didn't engage any of fireflies. Except for the one by the first set of stairs I guess.

Curufinwe

Just make sure you save your easy goals for the 100% death risk challenges. Things like crafting gifts which are basically impossible to fail. For missions where you gain survivors you might as well pick the tough/impossible ones as they're fairly pointless.

DLC map trophies are so much easier in this one! No deaths was ridiculous.

I wasted the 3 Down one already. :(

Gold Member
I wasted the 3 Down one already. :(
So did I on my first run through. It's easy enough to do 6 downs though, it's only two per match. I did:

- 6 downs
- 3 semi auto downs
- 2 revives
- 2 & 4 gifts to players

On my 100% missions.

Don't forget if you do really badly in a game (and don't meet your goal) you can always quit by pressing the PS button and closing the app as the day doesn't advance. Don't just leave game though as it will advance a day and you don't want that! I was lucky as I didn't need to on my first 12 wks, but I would have if it meant starting again for sure.

psychotron

I managed to stealth the whole
Tunnel section with the three bloaters, it wa san intense experience creeping passed them all, just needed to take out one runner with an arrow. Hospital hallway isnt too tough, but then i suppose it depends on how many bullets you have

yeah it's possible to
clear the section without alerting anyone if you stick to the very left side. No bloater will ever notice you. Either way, you don't need much for the hospital either, since the first section is easy to stealth. Second part I went all out with the stuff I had left. I only needed 1 molotov for the soldiers guarding the door, but it can be done without. Just try to stealth the first section so that you can waste everyone in the second part.

You can
sneak through the hospital. I used a smoke bomb for the last section which allowed me to get through the door. Other than that I didn't engage any of fireflies. Except for the one by the first set of stairs I guess.

Thanks for the help! Will give it a shot tonight and report back.

Hubb

So did I on my first run through. It's easy enough to do 6 downs though, it's only two per match. I did:

- 6 downs
- 3 semi auto downs
- 2 revives
- 2 & 4 gifts to players

On my 100% missions.

Healing players is also another insanely easy one. You don't have to "heal" 10 players, you just have to tick up a players life 10 times. If someone is almost dead and you heal them to full you are good to go. You can do this one multiple times too, it is pretty easy if you stick with at least one person on your team.

Artex

Banned
I'm almost there!!!
On my Grounded run, just cleared the tunnel with multiple bloaters, clickers and stalkers. Unfortunately I had to use a bomb and the molotov I was saving for the final hospital hallway, so I'm nervous as hell about how I'm going to get through that section. Help me Gaf!

I've stealthed it on every playthrough, I only killed anyone in that one section near the end with a wide hallway and lots of machine gunners.

ZeroX03

Banned

- 6 downs
- 3 semi auto downs
- 2 revives
- 2 & 4 gifts to players

On my 100% missions.

Don't forget if you do really badly in a game (and don't meet your goal) you can always quit by pressing the PS button and closing the app as the day doesn't advance. Don't just leave game though as it will advance a day and you don't want that! I was lucky as I didn't need to on my first 12 wks, but I would have if it meant starting again for sure.

Yeah I'm using the Support preset and these are all easy to do. There's only five 100% risk missions and IMO about 7-8 easy challenges to do so it's not too hard.

Might try and sweep all the Left Behind trophies in one go. Played twice on PS3, know it reasonably well.

Gold Member
Healing players is also another insanely easy one. You don't have to "heal" 10 players, you just have to tick up a players life 10 times. If someone is almost dead and you heal them to full you are good to go. You can do this one multiple times too, it is pretty easy if you stick with at least one person on your team.

Think I'll give that a go this time around to mix it up a bit, thanks for the tip. I have healed a few players but I wasn't sure enough of the ins and outs to use it on a 100% mission.

Yeah I'm using the Support preset and these are all easy to do. There's only five 100% risk missions and IMO about 7-8 easy challenges to do so it's not too hard.

Might try and sweep all the Left Behind trophies in one go. Played twice on PS3, know it reasonably well.

True there are quite a few easy ones really. Most of the level 1 ones are as they are do 2 / 3 of X thing :)

Cubed

Is this not the most glorious game?

Man, I just can't get over how much I love this game. I've replayed the campaign at least 10 times and still want to work through it again, and I Platinum'd the PS3 version, almost have the Platinum for PS4, and just can't keep away.

Very, very underrated multiplayer, too. It's the best third-person multiplayer game I have ever played.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Just finished my grounded+ playthrough.
The hospital was easy except for the last section. It only took me 1-2 minutes to get to the last section. I had just enough ammo to kill everyone in there. My sneaking attempts didn't go well.

I'm almost there!!!

The hospital is pretty easy to stealth past except for 1 person, maybe 2.

Part 1-As soon as you get your back pack-
There is a long hallway on the left side you can get to by jumping through. There is 1 stationary guard and 1 patrol. You can snipe the both with the bow, or just take out the stationary one. The next room has 2 stationary guys on the left corner. Go right, then back and around all of the tables while avoiding the guys looking back and forth, then time walking down the hallway.

Part 2- Hallway/counter/stairs-
As you move down the hallway, stick to the right and hide behind the counter as the 3 guys run past. After they run past, continue through the doorway, a guy appears from the stair well, shoot him, then run to the door for the stairs.

part 3-long hallway before surgery room-
Go past the hallway and into the rooms, wait for the in the room to turn towards the hallway, keep any eye out for the one patrolling between the first and 2nd room. Sneak up behind the patrolling one while in the 2nd room and stealth kill him, wait til he walking towards the door to the third room or headed back toward the first room. Go to the last room, then Molotov of smoke bomb the 2 guys hiding by the exit door. exit the hallway and head for the operating room

part 4 - PROFIT

Apath

Just finished my grounded+ playthrough.
The hospital was easy except for the last section. It only took me 1-2 minutes to get to the last section. I had just enough ammo to kill everyone in there. My sneaking attempts didn't go well.
The last hallway was insanely easy to sneak, but I kept getting hung up at the end. It took me 3+ tries to realize that two fireflies hide behind the very last sand bags. My solution was to throw a smoke bomb and just sprint through the door. This was on hard though, so I'm not sure if grounded is more difficult to sneak by.

The last tunnel with the bloaters and clickers was pretty easy as well. Got through it on my first try, but I have no idea why Ellie knocking down that crate didn't alert every infected in a mile wide radius.

Clockwork5

Man, this game...

Just finished it for the first time. Those last couple hours are sooo godlike. Had it set on hard which really encourages the player to focus on silent take downs and exploring for items.

This game has the best story in any video game I have ever played. At a few points I just wanted a full on 30 minute cutscene. Not because I like that kind of thing, but because I was so involved in the characters and story. I did appreciate the dialogue along the way, wich really fleshed out the character development.

Stealth was near perfect and what limited gunplay I engaged in was satisfying (outside of consuming ammo lol). It looked and performed great.

Wow. That was a fun ride.

so is my ps4 about to break or do i have a faulty copy of this game because i've just reached downtown and the gamma/brightness has just gone crazy, it's gone really washed out.
None of my other games do this so it's not my tv, anyone else experience this?

so is my ps4 about to break or do i have a faulty copy of this game because i've just reached downtown and the gamma/brightness has just gone crazy, it's gone really washed out.

I think it's just the game. That section looks washed out and "milky" on my game too. Think I have heard other people complain also.

Raptor

This game is crazy, I have to put my tv in Full RGB while my PS4 in Limited in order to not get washed out blacks.

But I won't do it because then I forgot to turn it Full back again and will mess up all my other stuff.

Can you post a picture?
I think it's just the game. That section looks washed out and "milky" on my game too. Think I have heard other people complain also.
This game is crazy, I have to put my tv in Full RGB while my PS4 in Limited in order to not get washed out blacks.
But I won't do it because then I forgot to turn it Full back again and will mess up all my other stuff.

I think i've solved it, someone on the ps forum found out it was a problem with the 1.01 patch, i'll delete the patch and see if it fixes it like it did for all the people there.
you can see about the fix here, including promising pictures!!...
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Technical-Questions-The-Last-of/Wrong-black-levels-in-story-after-applying-patch-1-01-Screens/td-p/44193358

Lexxism

When the
sniper part ends, there's a whole lot of infected coming showed up. Did all of those came from the sewers? I wonder if was those hunters who brought them there.

Superflat

When the
sniper part ends, there's a whole lot of infected coming showed up. Did all of those came from the sewers? I wonder if was those hunters who brought them there.

I remember there being a comical number of infected; perhaps the greatest concentration of them you encounter in the entire game.
Thank god you don't have to deal with them all lol.

I assume any surrounding infected, sewers or otherwise, were drawn to all the sniper and hunter gunfire. They must have been a fair distance away to arrive after the hunters are dealt with.

spekkeh

Banned
Anyway, really good game. Great story and atmosphere, wonderful (voice) acting. Nice stealth action too, but overall the gameplay not varied enough for my liking to be a true masterpiece. I can agree with it being game of the year, not necessarily the game of the years though.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I read everywhere "holy shit the ending", kind of bummed it was "just good".

Let it sink in for a while and/or read up about it. At first the ending felt really disappointing to me as well, but now it's pretty much my favorite videogame ending.

spekkeh

Banned
Let it sink in for a while and/or read up about it. At first the ending felt really disappointing to me as well, but now it's pretty much my favorite videogame ending.

Oh don't get me wrong, I loved the denouement. In itself the ending was great, indeed one of the best ever (a human one), but the other posters made it appear there would be a surprise twist.

Is it me or does the PS4 make more noise in terms of disc spin with this game instead of the PS3 version?

I just loaded up the game for the first time and the installation bar was done in a mere minute but the disc keeps spinning.

My HDD says the game is 48 GB. Is it still installing or is it normal? The PS4 is crazy quiet with InFamous SS and Killzone, though.

Hubb

My HDD says the game is 48 GB. Is it still installing or is it normal? The PS4 is crazy quiet with InFamous SS and Killzone, though.

It does make noise, and from time to time I notice the disc spinning. 48GB sounds about right for the full game + small patches they have put out.

psychotron

I did it!
I finished my Grounded run! I beat the hospital on my first try. Stealth on the first floor, then chipped away at the guards in the hallway. Seeing all those trophies pop was a thing of beauty. Thanks for the tips everyone.

Hubb

I did it!
I finished my Grounded run! I beat the hospital on my first try. Stealth on the first floor, then chipped away at the guards in the hallway. Seeing all those trophies pop was a thing of beauty. Thanks for the tips everyone.

Just finished my Grounded run tonight to.
Hospital was way to easy.
I also went back and started reopening all shiv doors to finally get the only trophy I was missing. Luckily it was the 3rd shiv door, now it is on to finishing Left Behind and getting 100%.

Fumoffu

Neo Member
Oops posted in the wrong thread before; apparently I'm only 35-40% into SP (just arrived in
Pittsburgh
-- that's great news! Wonder what else is to come in the story, I thought I was nearing the end...

As for the gameplay, I'm terrible at stealth and usually just charge through the front door. Any tips on how to take on
clickers
?

Beat if for the second time just now. Instant chills when the credits start rolling. The tune that starts playing near the end, you can hear it slowly ramp up is friggin GODLY music. Really brings outs the emotions.

On the PS3 I beat it on Hard but for the Remastered I beat it on Survivor. I struggled way less on this play through, only at the end
in the hospital did I struggle, for some reason I thought you had to clear everyone out but when I finally saw the hallway to the left it was easy enough. The section with David in the small enclosed room where the Bloater drops took me only one try, I am remember disctinly struggling on the PS3 but now I let David do all the work. Thanks bro :D

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Beat if for the second time just now. Instant chills when the credits start rolling. The tune that starts playing near the end, you can hear it slowly ramp up is friggin GODLY music. Really brings outs the emotions.

On the PS3 I beat it on Hard but for the Remastered I beat it on Survivor. I struggled way less on this play through, only at the end
in the hospital did I struggle, for some reason I thought you had to clear everyone out but when I finally saw the hallway to the left it was easy enough. The section with David in the small enclosed room where the Bloater drops took me only one try, I am remember disctinly struggling on the PS3 but now I let David do all the work. Thanks bro :D

That was part of my strategy on grounded. I'd let David get in trouble or push them so I could stab them in the back quickly.

Jobbs

Banned
Oh don't get me wrong, I loved the denouement. In itself the ending was great, indeed one of the best ever (a human one), but the other posters made it appear there would be a surprise twist

I'm tired of surprise twists. Thank god.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Is only the MP censored in the EU version of the game or is the SP censored as well?

d9b

Banned
Great game, but unfortunately riddled with graphical glitches... Will there be a patch to address them? Any official word?

Oh don't get me wrong, I loved the denouement. In itself the ending was great, indeed one of the best ever (a human one), but the other posters made it appear there would be a surprise twist.

Twist =/= good ending.

Twists have got to be the most overused plot device in any sort of visual medium these days. It's gotten to the point where, if something doesn't feature a plot twist, it's deemed a 'letdown', or 'safe'.

(Not that you said any of those things, I'm just generalising).

I'm glad this game didn't include a twist just for the sake of including one/just because everyone else does.

Is it me or does the PS4 make more noise in terms of disc spin with this game instead of the PS3 version?

I just loaded up the game for the first time and the installation bar was done in a mere minute but the disc keeps spinning.

it's still installing, during the first minute it was just installing the beginning of the game. and the PS4's blu ray drive spins at a faster rate than the PS3's.

I'm really enjoying the story but the gameplay mechanic of walking into yet another area where you navigate around, or through, a group of enemies is becoming boring. Hide. Press TRIANGLE, SQUARE. Repeat. At this point I just look forward to the dialogue.

I'm really enjoying the story but the gameplay mechanic of walking into yet another area where you navigate around, or through, a group of enemies is becoming boring. Hide. Press TRIANGLE, SQUARE. Repeat. At this point I just look forward to the dialogue.

then mix it up with some fighting also take in the scenes

stryke

Twist =/= good ending.

Twists have got to be the most overused plot device in any sort of visual medium these days. It's gotten to the point where, if something doesn't feature a plot twist, it's deemed a 'letdown', or 'safe'.

(Not that you said any of those things, I'm just generalising).

I'm glad this game didn't include a twist just for the sake of including one/just because everyone else does.

Heh, at one stage when they did some focus testing or mock reviews, it performed poorly because one of the reasons included no exciting twist like some government conspiracy.

Bundy

Banned
Ugh..... god no!
Enough with the "Look! I'm trying to be smart with this ending" M. Night Shyamalan crap.

spekkeh

Banned
While I agree with everyone that good stories don't need surprise twists, I would argue that Zombie stories would benefit from one given how pedestrian the setting is. E.g. I am Legend (the book).

Gekidami

Banned
I'd say that
Joel changing his mind killing the Fireflies & saving Ellie was sort of a twist

Though honestly, so many people were expecting
either Joel or Ellie to die
, the fact that didnt happen in the end was a twist in of itself.

I'd say that
Joel changing his mind killing the Fireflies & saving Ellie was sort of a twist

Though honestly, so many people were expecting
either Joel or Ellie to die
, the fact that didnt happen in the end was a twist in of itself.

same here. I saw people talk about the ending and all this stuff so naturally my mind went to "it must be a big twist!" When it wasn't I was a bit disappointed... But also shocked that they were both still alive. The more I read stuff about the ending.. The more I wanted to go play it again. So Damn good. My backlog is huge right now because of TLoU

So I finally encountered a few glitches during my Grounded gameplay. First,
at the ending of the sewers when you are stuck in the last room with Henry, it didn't provide a molotov on the table. I watched Grounded youtube walkthroughs and people were given this. So I had one I crafted and had to get through that seen. 3 waves! It took about 30 tries!

Another,
was the shiv door right at the beginning of the hydro power plant. I pressed triangle and it said I needed a full shiv. Guess what, I had one. I restarted the checkpoint and it did the same thing.

Anyway, I'm not done yet, but I figured I would throw that out there for anyone else thinking it was just them.

Also, I find the AI way more glitchy in Grounded mode than when I played on Hard.

Ricky_R

When I first played the PS3 version I didn't pay much attention to Ish's notes, and thought it would be lame to have him as a protagonist in a sequel, but after replaying the game on the PS4, I managed to appreciate his struggle much more.

I definitely would love to play a game, or DLC, from his perspective. See how he turned out.

x-Lundz-x

Got the platinum trophy last night. The multiplayer was fun, but I really disliked the meta game. And MP trophies in general suck. Fix that for the next game ND.

ZeroX03

Banned
Got the platinum trophy last night. The multiplayer was fun, but I really disliked the meta game. And MP trophies in general suck. Fix that for the next game ND.

Uncharted 2 & 3 had much better MP trophies. Just a taster of the online instead of forcing you to commit 20+ hours (Tomb Raider too).

Top Bottom