• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

*pre-order cancelled*

Bta3psqIEAED4HF.jpg:large

This must be Old Russia.

Or 60fps mode. lol

Ragona

I got my copy early today yay =)
Since i swapped from a 360 to the PS4 i didnt get to play this gem, so this obviously was a must have for me. Got to admit i watched a Let's Play of the game since i couldnt really anticipate this happening at that time.
Still playing it is just sooo much better...but whom am i telling this.

visual impressions :
Sharp, clear picture quality but you can see its a PS3 Engine, quite a few jaggies in motion, BUT: it doesnt need to hide against first gen PS4 games imo.
Obviously the 60 fps help quite alot to enable a very fluid gameplay experience.
I didnt think the game would catch me like it does right now..4 hours in and i had to force myself to put the gamepad aside.

I got my copy early today yay =)
Since i swapped from a 360 to the PS4 i didnt get to play this gem, so this obviously was a must have for me. Got to admit i watched a Let's Play of the game since i couldnt really anticipate this happening at that time.
Still playing it is just sooo much better...but whom am i telling this.

visual impressions :
Sharp, clear picture quality but you can see its a PS3 Engine, quite a few jaggies in motion, BUT: it doesnt need to hide against first gen PS4 games imo.
Obviously the 60 fps help quite alot to enable a very fluid gameplay experience.
I didnt think the game would catch me like it does right now..4 hours in and i had to force myself to put the gamepad aside.

Switch it to 30 FPS

The MP is not dead, even today I still find lots of people to play with.

That's good to know. I will admit my attempts have been few but I have really struggled getting into matches when I have tried. I would say I will try again but with TLOU and Destiny both right around the corner I don't think I will need to.

farmerboy

Alright baby, it's all systems go. Got the ps4 last night, will pick up the game over the weekend.

BRING.

IT.

ON.

On a side note, while having a quick look at the ps4 I started to download Strider accidently. Couldn't stop it or pause it, what the fuck is that shit?

And while I think the UI works really good, it's a bit bland. We've got these exciting photo modes that create beautiful images, how good would it be to have them as background pics.

Come on Sony, get your arse into gear!!!

Hubb

Alright baby, it's all systems go. Got the ps4 last night, will pick up the game over the weekend.

On a side note, while having a quick look at the ps4 I started to download Strider accidently. Couldn't stop it or pause it, what the fuck is that shit?

Yeah no pause feature right now...

I don't know how you are getting this over the weekend, but you are extremely lucky.

taizuke

You can't pause it but you can choose to "delete" the download which stops it and removes it all together.

LAA

Hmm. Think I'm fine with this, though I hope they tried to put all the features they could in the 60fps version, then those they couldnt, enable for the 30fps mode. Focus on making 60fps as best as they can first, then do what they can with 30fps mode.

Hmm. Think I'm fine with this, though I hope they tried to put all the features they could in the 60fps version, then those they couldnt, enable for the 30fps mode. Focus on making 60fps as best as they can first, then do what they can with 30fps mode.

It absolutely seems like they made the 60fps mode their priority through development

Alright all... rewind a little. (also why does this always happen when I'm not on a PC but on my phone?)

Improved shadows in 30 are added as part of the patch. As we were finishing up the day 1 patch we were looking at the game and released at 30 we had extra cycles we could do some further, unplanned, graphics enhancements - and that turned out to me shadows. Naughty Dog being Naughty Dog - we couldn't let idle rendering cycles stay that way! :)

Shadows at 60 are absolutely improved over the PS3 version and the game just looks and runs best at 60. The improved shadows at 30 are a nice bonus - but seriously, not reason enough to play at 30 unless you already needed or planned to lock it... well, it does help a little when you are in Photo Mode, but you can enable that at last minute.

Stick to 60 unless you have to or really do prefer 30. that's why 60 is the default!

He points out that if you don't play with the D1 patch then you don't get those shadows.

Linconan

*pre-order cancelled*

Bta3psqIEAED4HF.jpg:large
I saw something like that in the Ps3 version.
But it was near the Giraffe moment.
You go back the way you came after, and stick to the right and you'll go down a corridor with a door, and presto.
I just laughed, wasn't too fazed by it. Random moment that gave me a reality check, lol, that reminded me i was playing a game.

milkham

I saw something like that in the Ps3 version.
But it was near the Giraffe moment.
You go back the way you came after, and stick to the right and you'll go down a corridor with a door, and presto.
I just laughed, wasn't too fazed by it. Random moment that gave me a reality check, lol, that reminded me i was playing a game.

I actually had something just like this happen to me several times at the
resort
seemed to happen when i moved through the previous area too quickly and the next part would not load no matter what, i couldn't even fall off into the unloaded area

Linconan

I actually had something just like this happen to me several times at the
resort
seemed to happen when i moved through the previous area too quickly and the next part would not load no matter what, i couldn't even fall off into the unloaded area
Yeah it's probably a loading bug,
if i had've kept going forward progressing i wouldn't even of noticed it,lol, but i wanted to keep looking around and whatnot.
I saved the pitch forks for later incase i saw it again,lol.

It was just like when you noticed a Spider in front of your face and take a step back, then only return with a boot and carry on with your day,lol.

Top Bottom