• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

Thinking about it. All the shots in the console OT I have seen on it have severe blocking. Now, whether that is from CU or them rehosting, I do not know. Currently it is banned though. Flickr is still the site I recommend the most for those that are wondering what they should use primarily.

Hmm, that's weird. I didn't notice any on my screenshots, I didn't notice any change in file size either after uploading to there. The site has a "zero compression" motto too.I can provide shots via PM, if you'd like?

Dat cinematic feel of 6 fps.

Lmao! Oops.

GavinUK86

I want that t-shirt.

BtadWGHCcAAFXlh.jpg:large

Andrew.

Banned
Didn't someone at ND recently state that playing the game in 30fps felt "broken"?

Better shadows and "broken" gameplay VS weaker shadows and silky smoove.

Nokterian

The shadows are BARELY noticeable in my experience, but what's the use of better shadows if the gameplay plays considerably worse?

I CAN'T go back to 30fps. I just can't.

This right here..no way even for a bit better shadows..fuck that even on pc i don't care about that. 60fps is a must.

If it ends up being true, what I'll probably end up doing is play the game for the first time at 30fps (hard) and then all subsequent playthroughs on higher difficulties at 60fps. Enjoy both features!

Kaitlyn Dever is my choice for Ellie. She looks like her, sounds like her, and is a fantastic actress (go see Short Term 12 for proof).

I first saw her in Short Term 12 and thought that she could probably pull it off. Then I watched Justified season 2 and her first scene in the show is her using her wits to escape from a pedophile and it further cemented her as Ellie in my mind.

Okay. So what I was teasing is that the 30 FPS lock in The Last of Remastered not only maintains a perfect framerate, but enables 'higher-quality shadows in-game'. And by higher-quality shadows they mean NOTICEABLY better shadows. The game looks better with the option enabled.

http://www.craveonline.com/gaming/a...stered-enables-higher-quality-shadows-in-game

So, we all have a dilemma to face. I've tried both options, and while you might think 60 FPS is much better, it's not as easy of a decision as you think once you try enabling the 30 FPS lock.

Several pages?!? This is gonna need a new thread!

edit: way late.

Nooooo, now I gotta choose?

It depends on if you want higher quality shadows (one user has said the difference is big, another has said the difference is small), or double the framerate.

Just think of that silky smooth framerate and how great it will feel to shoot the face off a clicker with a shotgun in silky smooth 60fps. It will be so silky smooth.

Did I mention that 60fps is silky smooth?

Vire

It depends on if you want higher quality shadows (one user has said the difference is big, another has said the difference is small), or double the framerate.

Just think of that sily smooth framerate and how great it will feel to shoot the face off a clicker with a shotgun in silky smooth 60fps. It will be so silky smooth.

Did I mention that 60fps is silky smooth?

I know I know. I'll probably just give a play through of both settings.
Where have you been?
Real life and shit breh, got a hot date.

I'm so glad you can just enter photo-mode on the fly. It's going to be great seeing the moments that people capture.

I'm gonna try and get a shot of a
Bloater's spore-bomb thingy just as it explodes.

Hype!

Naught Gods, now we need you guys to implement a high quality USB PNG export option, because Share isn't the best.

I second this.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
From JLeack's article:
I’m going to take this opportunity to tell you that this is single-handedly the best looking console game I’ve ever played, with or without the 30 FPS lock enabled. You are in for a treat.

I'm not sure about that, but hopefully he's right.

Well, he did say the best looking game "I've" ever played.

Maybe he hasn't played games like Killzone SF, or Infamous SS, or Ryse. Then again, maybe he has and still thinks TLOUR looks better.

aro52

Okay. So what I was teasing is that the 30 FPS lock in The Last of Remastered not only maintains a perfect framerate, but enables 'higher-quality shadows in-game'. And by higher-quality shadows they mean NOTICEABLY better shadows. The game looks better with the option enabled.

http://www.craveonline.com/gaming/a...stered-enables-higher-quality-shadows-in-game

So, we all have a dilemma to face. I've tried both options, and while you might think 60 FPS is much better, it's not as easy of a decision as you think once you try enabling the 30 FPS lock.

Well shit. I was all set for 60, but now I think I must do 30... Like someone else said, 30 campaign; 60 multiplayer.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Oh shit that makes two people that said it's the best looking game they've seen on PS4.

Someone should make a thread just to get the meltdowns.

Strider

Nah I'm not going to believe a PS3 port is better looking than Infamous, Killzone, etc until I see it.

Naughty Dog is amazing though and I fully expect Uncharted 4 to be the best looking console game ever when it releases.

Top Bottom