• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

Oh shit.

Gonna download now.

YOU! you can post pics!!!!!!!!!1

the-rock-smiling.gif

AKyemeni

I'm sorry, I can't play in 30FPS. I'm just doing it now to try out the photo mode.

Oh, and I can't post any photos anymore because reasons.

I was talking about literally just the opening credits and the tram ride, which is a pretty lengthy section of just standing in one place. There's even loading sections...

Well, just comparing the first few non-cutscene minutes of each game, I'd give it to The Last of Us. Even with forced walking, there's still some interactive forward progression. Though in a vacuum, the 5-6 minute tram ride in Half-Life is something I can deal with. I was defining "intro" as how long it takes to get to the meat of the gameplay (
confronting Robert's thugs in TLOU
- this may be up for debate, so I'll add "imo"). IIRC, Half-Life gets going a bit quicker, overall.

Mine would be The Last of Us, EarthBound, Final Fantasy VII, Super Metroid, Call of Duty 4, and BioShock.

I can let Bioshock and CoD4 slide since their intros are both about five total minutes of limited interactivity before jumping into pure gameplay for the vast majority of each game. Pretty breezy.

Also, I feel really bad for not mentioning Final Fantasy VII.

StuBurns

Banned
I just started Wolf today, first couple of levels are super bland, but it's nice to use the PS4, a rare treat.

The storytelling is oddly high quality though.

antitrop

I just started Wolf today, first couple of levels are super bland, but it's nice to use the PS4, a rare treat.

The storytelling is oddly high quality though.

"Oddly" he says.

Trademark sign of someone that's never played Chronicles of Riddick or The Darkness. Cult classics for sure, though, can't blame. Wolfenstein carries the torch of narrative excellence.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I know! Wolfenstein had no right to have a story that great. It gets better, too.
Yup. I bought it for the gunplay but the story and characters caught me off guard. I recommend it to anyone in this thread since I assume they can appreciate good story.

Top Bottom