• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

Lmao :

TheLastOfUsPhotoMode-1.jpg

iamjohn

Shit. I just pre-ordered on Amazon with prime thinking I'd get release day delivery but instead it's showing a July 31st expected delivery date. BOOOO :( Hopefully this changes...

MRvinegar

Neo Member
for me its a marginal difference, with the split screen its really hard (in the cube-animation it's easier to spot though)

I had the same with the Hobbit movie in 48 fps not a huge thing! So I should probably blame my old eyes ;)

Also with the side by side videos. You can claim the 30fps footage to be 60fps. I wouldn't notice. But I would probably feel the difference with the gamepad in my hands.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I know the page says keep looking at 30fps for few seconds and then look 60 to see how smooth it is, but I'd do the opposite. Just look at 60fps side for couple of minutes then look at 30, you'll instantly see the jittery mess that is 30fps.

You don't play games like that though (although I'm sure there will be people doing that with TLoU), it is more a question of whether 30fps bothers you or not. Plus I don't think that 30fps test adds motion blur, whereas a decent game would, to help improve the perceive smoothness.

Select button in the layout? Lol nice fake. By the way I don't believe for a second it's true, I noticed too many fps drops & aliasing artifacts in the spore (clearly low buffer transparencies).

It's pretty obvious that it's real if you watch the vid at 1080p.

omonimo

Banned
Who cares? That's not the PS3 save UI, you're wrong.
So you say he can't fake UI in the video? In all honesty there is more than a thing which not convince me at all. I see different low buffer artifact in the transparencies, some strange dips in the fps.

Hoje0308

Banned
So you say he can't fake UI in the video? In all honesty there is more than a thing which not convince me at all. I see different low buffer artifact in the transparencies, some strange dips in the fps.

Nice job of ignoring the previous posts to continue on as if no one has refuted your Select button sighting. Typical.

StuBurns

Banned
What's more likely, someone went to the trouble to edit and animate a fake saving UI, but still forgot the select button, or you're wrong?

omonimo

Banned
What's more likely, someone went to the trouble to edit and animate a fake saving UI, but still forgot the select button, or you're wrong?
Mmm. Ok maybe I'm expecting too much from a remastered because the video not impress me at all. I though was a selec button what I see.

Hoje0308

Banned
If I have seen the responses, of course. But I can't be distracted, right?

How short is your attention span when you can't even be bothered to pay attention to a discussion that was driven by your assertion of fakery? Quit playing the victim. You were wrong, now drop it.

Also, is 60fps even implemented in YouTube yet? I only skimmed the video but it looked like a YouTube encoded video at 30fps.

From what I've heard it's limited use at this point. No idea when it will be a universal option.

Top Bottom