• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

I always fantasize about going all James Bond and persuading some chick at Walmart to sell me games early.

Me too. Lol. The best success I ever had was snagging Crackdown the Friday before it came out by taking it out of a stock box and taking it to the jewelry department where someone's very nice and friendly grandma managed to force it through the checkout system and sell it to me early.

My one and only time getting a game early. That made the game 10 times better for some reason. It was a great game though.

MyokLwg.gif

file

shem935

Banned
I haven't started season 2 yet so i can't read it, but what's so funny? is this considered a very bad episode and 8.5 is too high?
Edit: Nevermind, read antitrop's explanation :)

The same reviewer of the Last of Us directly contradicts himself. A complaint from the last of us is a positive thing for the walking dead.

Edit: Also yup that too.

antitrop

The same reviewer of the Last of Us directly contradicts himself. A complaint from the last of us is a positive thing for the walking dead.
Basically this, but also that Phil Kollar didn't understand that *MAJOR TLOU SPOILER*
Joel is essentially the "villain" of The Last of Us, or that his selfish motivations can be seen as villainous against "the greater good"

delume

I have never played TLOU and can't wait to try this in a couple of days. I can't believe I haven't had anything spoiled yet, unless you count this forum due to all the shadow talk. Risked watching a multiplayer match and good lord that looks unforgiving. It seems like communication is crucial.

GavinUK86

I have never played TLOU and can't wait to try this in a couple of days. I can't believe I haven't had anything spoiled yet, unless you count this forum due to all the shadow talk. Risked watching a multiplayer match and good lord that looks unforgiving. It seems like communication is crucial.

I wish I could play it again from a fresh perspective. It's a great experience.

delta25

Banned
In regards to that comparison which showed the PS4 version lacking in shadows, I'm quite positive its fake. No comparison up until that one gave us any indication of shadows being absent in the PS4 version, infact when you take a closer look at it its near identical in texture quality which is strange considering every other comparison thus far has showed quite a large distinct difference in texture resolution.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
In regards to that comparison which showed the PS4 version lacking in shadows, I'm quite positive its fake. No comparison up until that one gave us any indication of shadows being absent in the PS4 version, infact when you take a closer look at it its near identical in texture quality which is strange considering every other comparison thus far has showed quite a large distinct difference in texture resolution.

You can't really see the difference in the character models in that shot or improved textures either. It looks similar to the PS3 shot that someone touched up with added MLAA for comparison's sake.

I would love this, but only in a separate mode from the main story. Something like a 6 hour coop campaign that supplements the main story or something.

That would be great , the could use back the same assets but have something like 4 characters with smaller story .
6 hours might be to long but something like that would be nice.

My gif is not fake unless the two screenshots I found were fake. I provided the originals in all my posts with it. The PS4 shot was better in many respects aside from missing shadows. In addition, not every area of this game was improved to the same degree. That area probably was one of the few.

RedAssedApe

Banned
someone posted somewhere pics of how the character models looked different during different in game moments.

some pics of tess looking cutscene quality and in others she looked a little rough. think it might have had to do with lighting

Here are the best Tess ones i could find. The extreme close up ones looked rough.

ibcLYxarV3PT0w.jpg

iHKR9vKlL8Exk.jpg

iVZl4YiDc7F5B.jpg

Thank you NaK

Lol, ok guys.

iAQnABg8SJ5TS.jpg

iwjEHFydeJB32.jpg

Don't know if it's a lighting issue or a lack of subsurface-scattering.

Vire

Man, GAF is reaching all time levels of stupidity between the 30 FPS shadow and Destiny threads.

Where did these people come from?

Man, GAF is reaching all time levels of stupidity between the 30 FPS shadow and Destiny threads.

digital foundry and stupid sites like that have people that obsess over specs and small details. Honestly hate these types of people. Last of Us has a good story, graphics and gameplay that's all that matters and this version will be better than the last version and include the DLC. can't believe anything else needs to be discussed :(

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I'm starting to think CliffyB was right.

People spending more time bitching about the game instead of playing it.

I'm still a big fan of the community here. You get shitfests every now and then, same with every enthusiast forum, but I've made a lot of friends on here and like how this site can be a good tool to communicate with devs. You just have to be able to sift through the annoying members.

I urge you not to enter any TLOU threads. You'll regret it if someone forgets to spoiler-tag something.

N4G.

I'm starting to think CliffyB was right.

People spending more time bitching about games instead of playing them.

The ignore button is your friend ;)

I think while the initial reaction over the shadow quality was over exaggerated, the recent issue found in some screenshots regarding aliasing is a valid concern and I hope ND patches it.

Same with Destiny, if the content rumors are true. Thats very little content for a game in the structure of Destiny.
Though thats a matter for the other thread.

NAPK1NS

Just wanted to stop in and un-lurk.

This is the most hilariously microscopic, nitpicky thread I've ever read. You're all hilarious. For a game that makes wide, successful brush strokes, the dissection of 3 second GIFs and individual screens is great. I feel like second buyers will spend more time backing the camera against textures and aiming at walls than playing the game.

Anyway, thanks for the thread it's been fantastic.

This is the most hilariously microscopic, nitpicky thread I've ever read. You're all hilarious. For a game that makes wide, successful brush strokes, the dissection of 3 second GIFs and individual screens is great. I feel like second buyers will spend more time backing the camera against textures and aiming at walls than playing the game.

Wrong thread. This is the OT where we are all sarcastic about canceling and actually want this game. You're looking for the 30FPS cap shadow thread.

Gaz_RB

Yeah, seriously, I think you posted in the wrong thread, man.

(._.)

RedAssedApe

Banned
I'm sure some of these concern posts are joke posts...but at some point it starts to get super annoying because unless you've read most of the thread you have no idea. don't have time to play detective gaf and go through someone's post history.

at the same time...the amount of nick picking is kind of a testament to the reputation that ND has built up for themselves. if its not perfect the game is a failure and ND are liars! lol

Gray Matter

I think we've been nitpicking this because, and I hate to repeat it, the lack of footage. ND hasn't shown anything to fully convince us that the game runs at a steady 60 FPS. Besides the few people here who got the game early and said that there are no dips, we haven't gotten any confirmation. So when any info comes here we are going to devour it immediately.

thenexus6

I have tried both 30 and 60 fps and I see no differences.. The shadows, graphics were the same.. some of the smoothness goes with 30 (obviously). 60 frames has been buttery smooth so far!

I was also surprised to see the option for 30 or 60 frames in the multiplayer too, normally in games they tone down / cut options to help it run smoother.

Heres a few spoiler free screens I copied to my USB drive.

http://imgur.com/svZf3KN

http://imgur.com/R8NXm4y

http://imgur.com/3eajKDB

Top Bottom