• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

I'm debating whether or not I should go digital with this game or retail. I really dislike disc nowadays but with Best Buy I get 20% off. I also know its a game I probably will not trade in since its one of my favorite games ever so I know I'll go back and play it multiple times as I did the Uncharted series. Who is going digital?

GavinUK86

I just remembered I have a Vita! Remote play!!!!!

dnc.gif

I specifically took out the names of the quotes because of that.

It would be my hopes that people realize how incredibly petty they are being about certain things and take a step back. Or that the mods start banning these people for posts in similar vein. Whatever, let's hope it doesn't continue.

Y2Kev said as much.

I think most of the users that have this kind of attitude towards anything are mostly teenagers or fanboy in general. This will only improve with time, i don't think that being banned will solve as much, they will just go to other forums to say the same thing. Also towards the middle of the generation, these console wars will slow down a lot. Then when the PS5 and Xboxsomething comes out, it will be the same shit again

I specifically took out the names of the quotes because of that.

It would be my hopes that people realize how incredibly petty they are being about certain things and take a step back. Or that the mods start banning these people for posts in similar vein. Whatever, let's hope it doesn't continue.

Y2Kev said as much.
Kev is right, between Watch Dogs, The Order, Destiny, and now this, GAF's been an embarrassment.

I think more than anything, the Watch Dogs/Order scenario really takes the cake in terms of embarrassment. I mean, "WD looks like a PS2 game/GTA V looks better" and "interactive movie" comments were insane. It doesn't get worse than that.

Edit: I hate anyone that owns this game already.

I think more than anything, the Watch Dogs/Order scenario really takes the cake in terms of embarrassment. I mean, "WD looks like a PS2 game/GTA V looks better" and "interactive movie" comments. It doesn't get worse than that.
You also have to keep in mind the people with unrealistic expectations (like those that expected this to be a remake) and those that claim 60fps is the only playable thing and anything under is a crime against humanity.

GavinUK86

I think more than anything, the Watch Dogs/Order scenario really takes the cake in terms of embarrassment. I mean, "WD looks like a PS2 game/GTA V looks better" and "interactive movie" comments were insane. It doesn't get worse than that.

Edit: I hate anyone that owns this game already.

TLOU is an interactive movie right?

TLOU is an interactive movie right?
I wouldn't mind a Beyond: Two Souls style TLoU game/spinoff.

#unpopularopinions
Cross-posting from another thread:

I have never sold a game in my life.

But I haven't had the chance to play TLOU on PS3 yet... and this seems like an okayish deal...

Ahhhhhh D:

What should I do GAF???
Do it. This version has all of the big DLC packages and will be the definitive version.

Jigolo

Cross-posting from another thread:

I have never sold a game in my life.

But I haven't had the chance to play TLOU on PS3 yet... and this seems like an okayish deal...

Ahhhhhh D:

What should I do GAF???

You're doing yourself a disservice if you haven't touched TLoU on PS3 but have a chance to play the definitive version on the PS4 (assuming you have a PS4).

Trade it in.

Vire

FIFY.

Almost. Still not much gameplay.

Is it weird that I can't even remember that area?

Ah man, I love that portion. After a mess of violence in the scenes prior, you finally get a moment of reprieve and quietness. A serene look out onto the beach among the abandoned boats.

But the less you remember is probably for the better.

sjay1994

I won't be able to play this until next week on Sunday outside of a small 2 hour window on release day :(

I think I can top that. I have the game ordered on bestbuy.ca, but I have to do something from 4am to 4pm (religious thing) and won't be home. The post man will come, but will take the package since no one is at home to the post station. By the time I get back, it will be 5 and the post office will be closed.

I can pick up the game the day after, but I have to take a flight to india. And unfortunately the people I will be staying with don't have wifi, nor a tv with an HDMI port, and thus I won't be back until a week later.

So yeah. Much sadness.

I think I can top that. I have the game ordered on bestbuy.ca, but I have to do something from 4am to 4pm (religious thing) and won't be home. The post man will come, but will take the package since no one is at home to the post station. By the time I get back, it will be 5 and the post office will be closed.

I can pick up the game the day after, but I have to take a flight to india. And unfortunately the people I will be staying with don't have wifi, nor a tv with an HDMI port, and thus I won't be back until a week later.

So yeah. Much sadness.
I feel ya. I haven't played the SP campaign since last June and I missed the first TLoU release as well.

Top Bottom