• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

RedAssedApe

Banned
I have tried both 30 and 60 fps and I see no differences.. The shadows, graphics were the same.. some of the smoothness goes with 30 (obviously). 60 frames has been buttery smooth so far!

I was also surprised to see the option for 30 or 60 frames in the multiplayer too, normally in games they tone down / cut options to help it run smoother.

Heres a few spoiler free screens I copied to my USB drive.

http://imgur.com/svZf3KN

http://imgur.com/R8NXm4y

http://imgur.com/3eajKDB

30fps in mp doesn't even make sense. you're effectively handicapping yourself if others are playing at 60 lol...they should take out the option for mp

Crackbone

Should I preorder this from Amazon or just eat it on PSN? If a preload was in the equation it'd be no contest.

Now I'm not so sure.

40+ GB on a 30 mb connection will take a while ( and I'm sure that I won't get near that download speed on release day. ). Meh.

I think its pretty unfair to call people who dislike graphical oddities in games things like jaded gamers or nitpickers. I enjoy TLOU as much as the next person in this thread and even I am slightly disappointed by missing shadows and odd shadow aliasing glitches.

Majanew

Banned
I'm starting to think CliffyB was right.

People spending more time bitching about games instead of playing them.

Well you're on this forum right now. You playing a game? We're discussing this game and its graphical shortcomings. I didn't expect changes to assets, geometry, etc; but I didn't expect some bad aliasing and blocky shadows, either. I believe this is exactly why ND didn't have hardly any media for this remaster. A lot of rough spots graphically that they knew would be picked apart. The video ND released a few days ago started off with the white truck pulling up and it was aliased to hell and back.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
You can't really see the difference in the character models in that shot or improved textures either. It looks similar to the PS3 shot that someone touched up with added MLAA for comparison's sake.

Am I wrong or the character models in cutscenes aren't going to look much different between the two versions (besides AA and benefits of 1080p)? Wouldn't the character model differences show during gameplay?

hemo memo

Gold Member
Posted in the MP OT by mistake sorry. I got my copy

WUIbXxT.jpg

Wishmaster posted them here. I assume he got them from either B3D or that zip file with all the shots.

And yes, if it is real it is a glitch. It is an issue with the shadow map bias.
Same person who sent me this screen:
New spoiler pic, so don't click unless you've beaten the game.

I agree that it must be a glitch or something because everything else looks better. It's definitely real, anybody who got the game early should screencap that segment again. Maybe in a different frame the shadows pop in? Who knows.

thejpfin

40+ GB on a 30 mb connection will take a while ( and I'm sure that I won't get near that download speed on release day. ). Meh.

30mb is not too bad. I'm getting this game from PSN with my 3g connection that gives about 6-10mb lol.
I think this game has that option where you don't need to download every GB to play, like download the first 5GBs "or something" and then you can start playing.

I agree that it must be a glitch or something because everything else looks better. It's definitely real, anybody who got the game early should screencap that segment again. Maybe in a different frame the shadows pop in? Who knows.
Shadow map bias or object property issue is what it is if it is legit. Can be fixed in a patch.

Mechazawa

This is a thread dedicated to a HD up-ressed port of a year old game.

I don't know what the hell some of you are expecting when you come in here and act surprised when the biggest point of discussion are what the minute differences between the ports are.

Am I wrong or comparisons of the character models in cutscenes aren't going to look much different (besides AA and benefits of 1080p)? Wouldn't the character model differences show during gameplay?

ibdYDwhmrE7fQA.gif

Do you see a difference there? Or here
iMjvRmvPYciFe.png

It's subtle, but i do.

antitrop

This is a thread dedicated to a HD up-ressed port of a year old game.

I don't know what the hell some of you are expecting when you come in here and act surprised when the biggest point of discussion are what the minute differences between the ports are.

It will happen all over again when GTA V comes out for next-gen consoles.

Some people are going to compare the differences and other people will be like "OMG YOU GUYS ARE ALL SO LAME DO YOU EVEN PLAY GAMES".

It happens every time.

The Joel model is fantastic. I can't get enough of it. Its seriously impressive stuff.

God, I wish this game had preloading. I took Tuesday off work in hopes that Amazon delivers this game early. But who am I kidding, this is probably gonna arrive at the latest possible time.

Majanew

Banned
It will happen all over again when GTA V comes out for next-gen consoles.

Some people are going to compare the differences and other people will be like "OMG YOU GUYS ARE ALL SO LAME DO YOU EVEN PLAY GAMES".

It happens every time.

And Vire will probably come in calling us cunts because he agrees with Cliffy.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
ibdYDwhmrE7fQA.gif

Do you see a difference there? Or here
iMjvRmvPYciFe.png

It's subtle, but i do.

Yes, it looks better. But is that during a cutscene? I'm just wondering because I've seen people saying they can't tell a difference between the models but they're looking at pictures from cutscenes.

edit: Maybe I'm not explaining it well.

woah must have missed that one man... DAMN

Lol, yeah, that was my reaction too. He even has faded specks of dirt on his forehead and a little dent in his nose (which I'm sure was a fresh cut at one point in the game, no?). Anyone who says the character models aren't cut-scene quality needs to be shown that image.

Vire, it looks like your thread got shot down really quick.

Let's try not to get too far off topic here. As much as I would like to try and discuss the topic, it is not for this thread.

GavinUK86

Are PS3 cutscene character models = PS4 cutscene character models?

Do you mean PS3 cutscene models are in-game PS4 models?

Yep, I don't really understand why the moderation decided to lock it without explanation. I'd prefer to private message them and I'd be glad to discuss it with them.

Let's just say I wouldn't be as tolerant as them.

What thread was this?

Vire

Vire, it looks like your thread got shot down really quick.

Yep, I don't really understand why the moderation decided to lock it without explanation. I'd prefer to private message them and I'd be glad to discuss it with them.

antitrop

I honestly don't see what can come out of that thread other than namecalling, fingerpointing, and high horses.

sjay1994

GAF mods work in mysterious ways.

To simplify my earlier question:

Are PS3 cutscene character models = PS4 cutscene character models?

I would imagine the PS4 cut-scene character models are the same as the in-game PS4 characters models (which are the same as the PS3 cut-scene models), but in 1080p. So basically.....they are the same as the PS3 cut-scenes, but in 1080p :p

At least that's what I think.

Vire

I honestly don't see what can come out of that thread other than namecalling, fingerpointing, and high horses.
I specifically took out the names of the quotes because of that.

It would be my hopes that people realize how incredibly petty they are being about certain things and take a step back. Or that the mods start banning these people for posts in similar vein. Whatever, let's hope it doesn't continue.

Y2Kev said as much.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Do you mean PS3 cutscene models are in-game PS4 models?

No, I already know that. People say they can't see a difference between the PS3 and PS4 models in some comparisons that have been posted. But, those were screenshots during cutscenes. So I was just wondering if the models between the PS3 and PS4 versions during the cutscenes aren't any different. Specifically the texture work and not the lighting, etc.

I would imagine the PS4 cut-scene character models are the same as the in-game PS4 characters models (which are the same as the PS3 cut-scene models), but in 1080p. So basically.....they are the same as the PS3 cutscenes, but in 1080p :p

At least that's what I think.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking.

GavinUK86

No, I already know that. People say they can't see a difference between the models in some comparisons that have been posted. But, those were screenshots during cutscenes. So I was just wondering if the models during the cutscenes aren't any different. Specifically the texture work and not the lighting, etc.

Oh, my bad. Yeah I think they're the same as in the in-game PS4 models.

sjay1994

This is very obviously true, but I think E3 2013 was the clear line. It was a much more pleasant place, in general, before then.

I guess.

I joined GAF around solely because of the hype thread that was the PS4 announce event last year.

I told myself I want to interact with these people. After the hype thread I didn't begin regularly posting maybe 5-7 months after it.

And yeah, daily GAF life seems filled with bitterness and snark.

Top Bottom