• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Story |OT| Now confirmed worldwide

@MUWANdo

Banned
Someone in the last thread suggested that the co-op stuff had been expanded for the PAL release - can anyone confirm/deny?

Wiseblade

Great OT I really hate the all image ones that are popular now.

The game's cobet focus has me really interested and the multiplayer sounds intruiging.

RPGCrazied

Lucky EU people once again! :( I wanted to play this so bad before Tales of Graces F. No way I'd get it in time. Took like 2 months for my import of Xenoblade to arrive. Oh well. At least we are getting ToG F and Ni no Kuni earlier. :)

How's the story in this game?

Also, why on god's green earth is there no confirmed American release? What, NoA, are there too many Imagine Babyz-esque titles on Wii clogging up demand for entries like The Last Story?

FU NOA.
That is all.

But you guys get Rhythm Heaven Fever long beofre us... you should not be mad!

Ships internationally?

I think they only ship UK/Ireland currently. They used to do other countries, but recently cut back. I don't think they ever did US.

A good few UK stores are cutting the price of the pack lately, so Amazon UK could pricematch soon. Worth keeping a lookout there (http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B006VVGFOW/)

@MUWANdo

Banned
How's the story in this game?

Also, why on god's green earth is there no confirmed American release? What, NoA, are there too many Imagine Babyz-esque titles on Wii clogging up demand for entries like The Last Story?

The way they announced Xenoblade made it seem like they were deliberately pushing it into Q2 in order to even out the books as far as budget is concerned; maybe they're holding off on a TLS announcement for the same reason.

I'm really hoping Xenoblade's eventual US release will also indicate the same for this title, though in a more timely fashion.

I already have everything on my Wii set up for importing games after Xenoblade... Hm.

If it helps you make up your mind, Xenoblade had huge stock problems for almost a month after its initial release, so it is likely the same could happen here again. If you decide to wait, then you could be stuck wanting the game when there is no stock available, and have an extra month long wait on your hands waiting for Nintendo to restock Euro shelves... or maybe they learned their lesson time, and might shove decent stock out.

Ultratech

Oooo...I like the OP.

And wasn't Multiplayer Co-Op referred to as Raid Mode in the JP version?

Kinda weird they changed that. Deathmatch makes sense as a replacement for Versus Mode though.

Zornica

Banned
Thirded. Would also very much like to know.

Also, how is the xenoblade availability? Not sure if I want to get this on day one since I'm swamped with games at the moment.

nothing has been said yet abouth the original voices... so guess they were cut this time.
It's kinda sad, but at least it's coming, right?

Torraz

nothing has been said yet abouth the original voices... so guess they were cut this time.
It's kinda sad, but at least it's coming, right?

Yeah, too bad. I can live with dubs if they are persona 3/4/tales of vesperia quality, but far too often there is that cringeworthy element deteriorating the experience for me.

Thirded. Would also very much like to know.

Also, how is the xenoblade availability? Not sure if I want to get this on day one since I'm swamped with games at the moment.
Some European review mentioned that the Japanese voice acting isn't available, unfortunately.
Btw, does anyone know if the game has missable stuff?
One of the few disadvantages of getting the game early... no missable stuff list :|

Pyrrhus

Yeah, too bad. I can live with dubs if they are persona 3/4/tales of vesperia quality, but far too often there is that cringeworthy element deteriorating the experience for me.

I wouldn't worry. The voices in Xenoblade were very good and this dub was done by the same outfit from what I've heard.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I've played the Japanese version and didn't know there was multiplayer. X.x

tinders

My Wii disc drive is dead, but I've still preordered.

Will need to go to a mates place to rip it to my USB.

I'm REALLY looking forward to this!

Codeblue

But you guys get Rhythm Heaven Fever long beofre us... you should not be mad!

I think they only ship UK/Ireland currently. They used to do other countries, but recently cut back. I don't think they ever did US.

A good few UK stores are cutting the price of the pack lately, so Amazon UK could pricematch soon. Worth keeping a lookout there (http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B006VVGFOW/)
I don't think Amazon UK ships internationally either.

Grape

Banned
Thanks for the clear and thorrough explanation! :D

Random fans. Though, the one(s) interested usually ask for it first and then posts it 7 days before release (at least).

Basically, depends on what the thread creator wants to put on it. Could be a concise/direct to the point OT (like this one),. There are OTs that are quite big and take numerous posts, others that are shorter and a few that are more fun/joke.

Can't wait to hear more impressions about this in English. So far everything looks quite tight and the multiplayer looks fun.

Though, is there any way of communication online? Text chat?

Mr YuYu

Will probably buy this. Is it worth buying the LE for the artbook and the cd? The artbook looks kind of small :-/

Any word on the story? Is it any good?

Necron

Really looking forward to this. A lot of the concept art reminds me of Final Fantasy XII for some reason.

Oxx

Will probably buy this. Is it worth buying the LE for the artbook and the cd? The artbook looks kind of small :-/

Any word on the story? Is it any good?

Last I looked, the regular and limited editions were the same price on Coolshop.

The soundtrack is streamable on the NOE website, so if you like the sound of it the cd might have value. Or it might make the cd redundant.

The art is all over the net as well.

Westlo

This will be the 3rd Wii game I've picked up in the last couple of years, Sakura Wars and Xenoblade being the other 2. Hopefully it's discounted in some Australian chain... looking forward to this anyway!

Top Bottom